PDA

View Full Version : Taken for a Ride!

karia
11-Apr-08, 18:15
Evening folks,

Saw this earlier and I have to say I admire the sheer philosophical attitude of the guy, given the situation he found himself in.:)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6732003.stm

MadPict
11-Apr-08, 18:43
Eh? That's almost a year old. You must be able to find something newer!!! ;)

karia
11-Apr-08, 18:46
Its new to me and still admirable...I would have been wailing like a bairn!:eek:

Besides..it's a Friday and a darn slow one at that!;)

MadPict
11-Apr-08, 19:07
He was wailing like a bairn but the driver couldn't hear his screams above his "Now That's What I Call Trucking Music Vol 69" CD...

10-4 Rubber Duck...

karia
11-Apr-08, 19:36
Do you mean he didn't really spill his soda..that the stain was something else entirely!:eek:

I think the guy is a star..and if he was forced to listen to " Now That's What I call Trucking music" as he was propelled along..he is a blooming Hero for being so sanguine!

As a much lesser being I'd have flung myself into oncoming traffic first.[lol]

Tristan
11-Apr-08, 19:40
That reminded me of a news report I heard today that people in mobility scooters are going to be limited to 4mph (walking speed) while in some city centres. Seems they have been knocking over/running down some pedestrians on the pavements. :lol:

percy toboggan
11-Apr-08, 20:25
A reminder that it always important to make eye contact with the driver of any large truck before you cross close to the front of the vehicle.

New vehicles now have to have a mirror scanning down the front of the vehicle. The truck in question looked like a bonneted or conventional American rig, so they wouldn't be practical. You can see a lot from the cab of a high roller but there are one or tqo fatal blind spots...pedestrians can minimise the risk...I can't see anyone under about five foot six when they walk right in front of my wagon. Eye contact vital.

This man was lucky...my oh my....onlookers must have thought he was maybe the drivers mascot? Was he plump?...maybe a michelin man take on things?...although he'd be better mounted on a mirror arm!

Chligh
12-Apr-08, 21:49
You should heard GeremyVine on Radio 2 at mid-day!