PDA

View Full Version : End of black bags uplift

silverfox57
11-Apr-08, 11:22
having just read front page of org,highland council are going to stop the uplift of extra rubbish.as in more than well fit in bin , the up to ten bags extra uplift is to end on july2008, as poll tax payers living out of town area,we have only one black bin.no green bins no paper bins but are to fit all rubbish in one bin.think this well just lead to fly tipping,not by me, but still think this new policy will stink[disgust][disgust]

mccaugm
11-Apr-08, 12:46
I live out of town and now have a blue/green box, a brown bin and a grey bin. Took years before we got the recycling options though. Re the black bags, the council have never picked up additional black bags so not sure why there is a report that they are stopping it. Mucho confused now!

Venture
11-Apr-08, 12:52
I live out of town and now have a blue/green box, a brown bin and a grey bin. Took years before we got the recycling options though. Re the black bags, the council have never picked up additional black bags so not sure why there is a report that they are stopping it. Mucho confused now!

I think the service they are referring to is where you can phone up and have up to 10 bags extra uplifted when your wheelie bin is collected.

Sapphire2803
11-Apr-08, 12:55
Well, In Auckengill we just have one bin, the big green wheelie bin. If they're not going to take the extra bags then it looks like we'll be having a bonfire once a week to get rid of any paper or plastic that won't fit. Mind you, most weeks we don't have that much.
You're right though, fly tipping is going to increase. Not by me, I hate it, but there are those who just won't bother driving to the tip. [disgust]

Penelope Pitstop
I was also under the impression that they would not pick up any bags outside/beside your bin. They emptied the bin and left the rest behind....been their policy for quite a few years I think.

mccaugm
I think the service they are referring to is where you can phone up and have up to 10 bags extra uplifted when your wheelie bin is collected.

I had no idea this service existed or I would have used it. There used to be a community skip in my village but that got stopped just after we moved here. So if you have extra rubbish its a trip to the recycle point....beginning to feel scunnered of going there but its all good for the planet...bar the plastic issue...grrr

Venture
11-Apr-08, 13:01
I was also under the impression that they would not pick up any bags outside/beside your bin. They emptied the bin and left the rest behind....been their policy for quite a few years I think.

If you have extra black bags you phone the service point at least 24 hours before your wheelie bin collection and then the bags are uplifted on your collection day. Its only if you dont phone and pre-warn them that they will not uplift them. I have been doing this for years. You are allowed no more than 10 bags. This service will continue until July.

silverfox57
11-Apr-08, 13:04
as my area has only have one bin, there has been a service where you can phone highland council and have up to ten black bags uplifted with your bin , has been in service for years.as our area was to get extra bins in phrase two that was 2006.

Buttercup
11-Apr-08, 15:07
Why do the council insist on asuming that everyone has their own transport?:roll: What about all the people who don't have transport to take stuff to the recycling plant? Is it going to lead to folks putting household rubbish into public litter bins or will it just be left lying about the housing schemes to encourage vermin? [mad]

Penelope Pitstop
11-Apr-08, 15:59
If you have extra black bags you phone the service point at least 24 hours before your wheelie bin collection and then the bags are uplifted on your collection day. Its only if you dont phone and pre-warn them that they will not uplift them. I have been doing this for years. You are allowed no more than 10 bags. This service will continue until July.

Didn't know anything about that...they don't publicise it do they!!

Any extra bins I've put out, they've just left them exactly where they were!! Gee I'm not that organised to phone them a couple of days before collection....probably wouldn't know that soon that my bin was going to be full and that I'd have extra to put out !! lol (We don't have the recycling boxes)

EDDIE
12-Apr-08, 12:16
the problem with the council and government there picking on the wrong people as usual they should concentrate on manufactures its them that should be told to sort out there packageing to get them to cut it down look at all the junk mail u get throug your door imagine how much wast that is if u take in to account the whole of the uk

Kismet
13-Apr-08, 10:34
I used this service couple of times recently as due to ill health spring cleaning not been done properly in good few years and had heaps of stuff to go through it was very handy and a shame it's going.

I did not know about it either as others thought no way they would pick up extra bags didn't realise you could arrange it. Shame seeing it advertised now to say its going. Know lots of what I put out could have been recycled but with two small kids to look after and no transport would have taken me an eternity to sort it all out properly and get to approriate places

Now am caught up can recycle but just wasn't a viable option at the time

flowertot
15-Apr-08, 21:41
Why do the council insist on asuming that everyone has their own transport?:roll: What about all the people who don't have transport to take stuff to the recycling plant? Is it going to lead to folks putting household rubbish into public litter bins or will it just be left lying about the housing schemes to encourage vermin? [mad]

All these cars and trucks taking trips to recycle centres aint exactly environmentally friendly either is it! There would be less going to landfill as well if they would invest in plastic recycling equipment rather than ban uplifts of a few black bags here and there.

sweetpea
15-Apr-08, 22:09
All the black bags did was get the streets covered in crap by the scories.

balto
16-Apr-08, 17:01
does anyone know how many need to be in your household before the council will supply you with a extra black bin. its ok for them to go on about recycling, but what if you dont have a car, how are you supposed to take your stuff to be recycle, mayby the council should give us more recycling bins other than the brown bin and the blue box, what about a box for plastic, and cone to turn the left over food waste into compost, i am sure a lot of people would be willing to do this if the council were to supply more bins/boxes

Kismet
18-Apr-08, 10:45
Good point about how many people in household per one bin cos at one point both children in household in nappies and that could fill a bin alone in a week let alone the usual household rubbish.

angela5
18-Apr-08, 11:44
6 or more people in one house i think to qualify for a 2nd bin.

balto
18-Apr-08, 15:47
hey i should get one at christmas then, yipee what a lovely christmas present

Geo
18-Apr-08, 16:04
Does the change include uplift of other items such as old white goods?

Loch not Lock
19-Apr-08, 10:13
Use green or pink bags.:)
Problem solved.