PDA

View Full Version : new beauty salon opening in thurso

ellie-lou
11-Apr-08, 09:32
hi heard a rumour that there is a new beauty salon opening in thurso,ment to be in the victoria wine shop.does anyone know if this is true and if so wot are your views on this?do we really need another one?think we already have about 4 or 5.

Ash
11-Apr-08, 10:15
i dont think we need another one, its charity shops, takeaways and hairdressers/beauty shops

what we really need is something for kids.... there isnt anything to do, swing parks are a mess, boating pond is awful the crazy golf and trampoline bit is soo dated and never open...... there is the swimming pool but unless you go on a saturday during the happy hour its overpriced.

mccaugm
11-Apr-08, 10:21
i dont think we need another one, its charity shops, takeaways and hairdressers/beauty shops

what we really need is something for kids.... there isnt anything to do, swing parks are a mess, boating pond is awful the crazy golf and trampoline bit is soo dated and never open...... there is the swimming pool but unless you go on a saturday during the happy hour its overpriced.

Agreed...but there are so many rules and regulations in setting something up that people are put of doing it.

Ash
11-Apr-08, 10:22
Agreed...but there are so many rules and regulations in setting something up that people are put of doing it.

if i had the money i would seriously consider this, its just the lack of things for kids of all ages to do is ridicolous!

footie chick
11-Apr-08, 10:26
if i had the money i would seriously consider this, its just the lack of things for kids of all ages to do is ridicolous!

We went here http://www.noahs-ark.co.uk/ great for kids of all ages don't know if it would be profitable up here?

footie chick
11-Apr-08, 10:30
http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/EAC9BB81-83C3-4E39-B165-B4DF4AD62E46/0/150208planning.pdf

Its a chiropodists.

Ash
11-Apr-08, 10:36
We went here http://www.noahs-ark.co.uk/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.noahs-ark.co.uk/) great for kids of all ages don't know if it would be profitable up here?

i think it would do well up here, but noone is interested in doing this why?

KCI
11-Apr-08, 10:42
i think it would do well up here, but noone is interested in doing this why?

I think a lot of people have shown an interest in this. I remember seeing a few threads about starting up something for kids, in particular, a soft play area.
The problem is money and location I think. I even suggested at one point, that if a group of people could get together, and raise funds etc, maybe we could start up some kind of venture, but there wasn't really any response.

I even looked into a website which dealt with franchises for soft play areas - it looked amazing, and I could really see it working in Caithness. But the start up costs were horrific, and I would have really struggled on my own to do it.

Murdina Bug
11-Apr-08, 13:31
That's odd as I am sure that I saw on the planning lists an applicaiton for a beauty salon in the old wine shop - I immediately thought of the old Victoria Wines then realised that it meant the shop on Sinclair St which was actually last occupied by Gemini Gifts. However, I can't find that notice now so suspect that someone entered the info incorrectly. Could it be the podiatry business from the beauty & health shop on the corner is moving a couple of doors and that's why it got confused?

ellie-lou
11-Apr-08, 15:40
herd from a pal that the wine shop in sinclair st is going to be a chiropidists think its Faye Peace that is going to be running it.but as i earlier said the old victoria wine shop is going to be a beauty salon found out that its Natalie macgregor thats opening it.

acameron
14-Apr-08, 23:07
......but as i earlier said the old victoria wine shop is going to be a beauty salon found out that its Natalie macgregor thats opening it.

Natalie is my niece and it is her who is opening the shop. Its going to be a spa beauty thing (whatever that is), but she explained it to me and its something new. (I wouldnt know cause Im a bloke).
And after telling her about this thread, she is total agreement that there should be something for young bairns in the town, as her wee lassie is wrecking the house.

Ash
15-Apr-08, 08:14
Natalie is my niece and it is her who is opening the shop. Its going to be a spa beauty thing (whatever that is), but she explained it to me and its something new. (I wouldnt know cause Im a bloke).
And after telling her about this thread, she is total agreement that there should be something for young bairns in the town, as her wee lassie is wrecking the house.

im all up for new things in thurso and a spa sounds nice

best of luck to her :D

dunderheed
15-Apr-08, 09:42

make yer mind up!! a spa is just a fancy name for beauty parlour

NickInTheNorth
15-Apr-08, 10:01

why not get a highlife card, then for £20.40 per month your family have free access to the pool and gym everyday! Not bad really 68p per day for a family to have as much use of the pool and gym as they want.

Ash
15-Apr-08, 10:33
why not get a highlife card, then for £20.40 per month your family have free access to the pool and gym everyday! Not bad really 68p per day for a family to have as much use of the pool and gym as they want.

we dont go swimming enough to justify buying the highlife card

but thanks