PDA

View Full Version : Mucky Pups Dog Groomers

dragonfly
10-Apr-08, 23:20
Took my dog there today for the first time and after a bad experience before (with another groomer) came away feeling very happy with the way Marion (?) handled him and the dog looked great - definatley take him back again

3boys4me
11-Apr-08, 12:04
yes I have taken my dog there and she did an excellent job. Would highly recommmend.

carasmam
11-Apr-08, 12:25
My dog doesn't need proffessional grooming, but I have only heard good things about them too :D

Mik.M.
12-Apr-08, 20:24
Took our Border Collie to Mucky Pups today,friendly,reliable,professional service from 2 very nice women. We booked our next appointment immediatly. Poppy looks great. :D.

Thumper
14-Apr-08, 14:58
I must have been on a bad day then.....very unfriendly,talked to me like I was an idiot and totally stressed my dog out,I wouldnt ever go back :( x

veekay
15-Apr-08, 17:22
I must have been on a bad day then.....very unfriendly,talked to me like I was an idiot and totally stressed my dog out,I wouldnt ever go back :( x

I really can't imagine two highly professional people like the ladies in Mucky Pups treating anyone in such a way nor can I imagine them stressing a dog out. I have used their services for sometme now my dog loves going there and they really do seem to care a great deal. I hope a post like this doesn't damage the good reputation they so richly deserve.

Manxman
15-Apr-08, 17:28
Can't say anything but good about the ladies and the grooming at Mucky Pups.

I hope Thumper told them about her(?) complaint and not just posted it here

Thumper
16-Apr-08, 21:22
Actually I didnt tell them,they way they spoke to me I doubt they would have listened....and also I was in a hurry to get my dog out of the place...sorry it seems to have offended people but I am stating my opinion AND I did say maybe I got them on a bad day :roll: perhaps I should have said nothing at all and kept everybody happy x

Boozeburglar
16-Apr-08, 23:25
What is the point of a recommendations section if people relating their personal experience are just shot down in flames?

We are all grown up enough to realise that a negative experience may be singular, there is no real need to throw in with a thousand behind kissing appraisals.

:)

Liz
17-Apr-08, 14:44
Actually I didnt tell them,they way they spoke to me I doubt they would have listened....and also I was in a hurry to get my dog out of the place...sorry it seems to have offended people but I am stating my opinion AND I did say maybe I got them on a bad day :roll: perhaps I should have said nothing at all and kept everybody happy x

No Thumper you are perfectly entitled to post your experience without being chastised for doing so. I take Benjy to Anubis and she makes a great job of him and it is nice and quiet as she has no other dogs waiting when she is grooming another dog. Benjy likes it as she has cats which he loves!

Thumper
17-Apr-08, 16:55
Thank you Liz, I take my wee lass to pampered pets and she is very happy to go there,she loves Paula and comes out of there looking fantastic and smelling wonderful!Totally different experience than the one I had in Wick x

Liz
17-Apr-08, 17:45
Paula is great and would highly recommend her.

It's just that she's a bit too far away as I have a bad back and waiting around is a problem.:(

superceltic
22-May-08, 11:46
have to agree with thumper found the both ladies to be very rude, will go back to paula at pampered pets, used paula before when she had place in Watten but since she moved, travelling to Dunbeath put me off, tried mucky pups mega bad experience will return to Paula and travel to Dunbeath even though my dogs are not good in car would rather have them upset of short time in car, at least they will not be stressed out when they are having grooming done as they were in mucky pups with the unpleasant ladies.

plumber
22-May-08, 11:55
have to agree with thumper found the both ladies to be very rude, will go back to paula at pampered pets, used paula before when she had place in Watten but since she moved, travelling to Dunbeath put me off, tried mucky pups mega bad experience will return to Paula and travel to Dunbeath even though my dogs are not good in car would rather have them upset of short time in car, at least they will not be stressed out when they are having grooming done as they were in mucky pups with the unpleasant ladies.
As far I know Pampered Pets will call and pick up your dog, for a small fee. It does save having to wait around

superceltic
06-Jul-08, 01:02
Yeah had heard that also but have recently heard that she is stopping collecting and delivering. But still i dont mind taking them and waiting for 2 hors for them, Paula and Graham make you feel very welcome. Not like that horride people at mucky pups. My dogs love Paula to bits and when i take them there they ignore me the whole time as Paula makes such a fuss over them so if their happy im happy :)

Lavenderblue2
06-Jul-08, 10:03
Better still - Paula is opening a grooming parlour in Thurso round about Oct / Nov time - it will make such a difference to us folks up at this end of the county - especially during the winter months.

LB :)

binbob
06-Jul-08, 10:47
i al;so take my dogs to paula..though the hanging around is difficult..but paula is so good with the girls.she makes a real fuss of them.

they are never stressed out..just me with the driving!!off there on wednesday..i am very happy to hear that paula is opening a parlour in thurso.

Blondie
06-Jul-08, 10:50
Is the one in Dunbeath closing then? I haven't heard this. I wouldn't put my little dog anywhere else. She is so good with him.

Perhaps Paula will read this and let us know?

Lavenderblue2
06-Jul-08, 12:15
No she's not closing the Dunbeath parlour - just splitting the week between there and Thurso.

Yes, I agree with you Binbob and Blondie - Paula is excellent with the dogs - you can hear her talking to them if you are outside in the waiting area - I can't fault her. :)

LB

anneoctober
06-Jul-08, 19:45
What welcome news LB ! Have n't been on org for a whilie, - very glad I peeked in 2day!! [lol]