PDA

View Full Version : Do you lead an exciting life?

balto
10-Apr-08, 21:13
I was just speaking to a good friend of mine when the conversation turned to what we would be doing tonight, and have the rock and roll lifes that we do, it was a case of bed and bath, so can you beat it, what exciting things do you get up to of a night time.

northener
10-Apr-08, 21:24
I was just speaking to a good friend of mine when the conversation turned to what we would be doing tonight, and have the rock and roll lifes that we do, it was a case of bed and bath, so can you beat it, what exciting things do you get up to of a night time.

....oooooh, I couldn't possibly comment;)

karia
10-Apr-08, 21:28
No..and yet somehow.. yes!

I personally think my life is quite dull ...but my friends think otherwise!:eek:

I'd have to say life here in Kariatown is often eventful, frequently absurd and always with great comedic value.

It's all down to how you look at things.:D

percy toboggan
10-Apr-08, 21:36
I've been out for a pint with Stan...to others we may have sounded like those two muppet guys, Waldorf and Stadtler (?) but I could write about it and make it seem almost interesting, almost funny. So what I'm saying is life is outwardly dull perhaps, and definitely routine much of the time. Inwardly though it's what you make it. Dispense with the cack of the daily grind to make a butty and yes, I'm having a decent time. Unexciting most of the time...holidays and special weekends bring change.

Take delight in small pleasures...and I'm thrilled to be learning a foreign language in works time...and you won't go far wrong. Wanting more, all the time..wanting excitement and thrills on a regular basis well, you'll end up dead, or miserable, or skint before your time.Maybe all three.

Don't expect too much out of life and you won't be disappointed....an adage I've oft trotted oot. It's served me well....my mindset is relaxed about my lot...the alternative is an inner turmoil I'm not prepared to countenance.

(..you know..thinkin' about this I just come here to think aloud sometimes and I'm not really 'talking' to anyone....so pay no heed to the tripe )

Coggy
11-Apr-08, 00:00
I had some cheese on toast, and a glass of wine !

trix
11-Apr-08, 00:14
I had some cheese on toast, and a glass of wine !

mmh...red or white?

Kevin Milkins
11-Apr-08, 00:20
Put the bin out this morning and the coalman and the paper boy need seeing to in the morning.I wish you hadn't asked as I have such a lot to do .

justine
11-Apr-08, 10:44
Never a dull moment in my house.Dont get chance to be bored.I would say my life is exciting only when others make it so,left to my own it happy peacefull and fullfilling....................................... ............................

Rie
11-Apr-08, 10:45
my evenings are spent in the chat room here and on msn, normally with a glass of wine ! how sad is that lol

Solus
11-Apr-08, 10:46
Tiddlywinks anyone ?

justine
11-Apr-08, 10:47
Tiddlywinks anyone ?
and after that can we have a game of checkers.PLEASE.......

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Apr-08, 15:35
Work most of the day,well ye have to make the coin.Teatime,a blether wi ma family,sometimes wi Bisto sometimes without.A listen to some rock,a game aw Guitar Hero,a pencil and some paper,a view of Doctor Who....depends on the moment for me....it could even be:o.Live life to the full.Sometimes the most boring moments in life are the most enthralling.

canuck
11-Apr-08, 15:41
The rain is pouring!
The day is boring!

Then Cedric logs a post
And the sunshine comes out! :D

rich
11-Apr-08, 16:08
Six o clock. Take dog for walk.
Dog poops.
Scoop.
Home
Make coffee. Fall asleep again. Awake to major crisis. Dog is refusing his kibble. He's holding out for turkey stew and Kale. Titanic struggle of wills ensues.
I lose.
Dog scoffs turkey and falls asleep.
Great excitement outside - it is raining!!!!
Major discovery reconfirmed: Goretex is absolutely useless. Waterproofness of my Aussie boots are seriously under question....
Work.
Work
Work
Noon.
To the Arts and Letters Club for lunch. Yes I am a member of a club. (Canuck can confirm this - she is an honorary member.
Sudden shocking insight - the average of club members is at least 90. In between their naps and their consumption of the special gum gnashable cusiine the club specializes in I realize that these ancient beings are smarter than I am, know much more and appear to have heaps of disposable income.
Could this be the Canadian ruling class, in which case have I joined it?
Answer: no! no!
More to come?
I will spare you the gory details.

balto
11-Apr-08, 19:15
hey glad to know i am not the only one who leads such an exciting life lol[lol][lol]

northener
11-Apr-08, 19:39
Put the bin out this morning and the coalman and the paper boy need seeing to in the morning.I wish you hadn't asked as I have such a lot to do .

Got to say it Kevin, if you're seeing to the paper boy and the postman every morning, your life is definitely not dull.......;)

karia
11-Apr-08, 20:04
It's the coalman and the paperboy he is 'seeing to'... in his post!

The postman is either really terrified or wondering where his charms failed him.

Either way..he is a busy bloke!;)

Errogie
11-Apr-08, 22:55
Must be the spring sunshine which finally ventured out as I walked at the entrance to the Caledonian canal this afternoon but I saw two swans mating at the waters edge. Of course as a corvid I had a certain ornithological interest and observed the whole procedure which was fairly brutal and I honestly thought the female might be drowned as her head was held under water for so long.

Anyway when it was all over there was a period of grooming and feather rearrangement with a beautiful sort of neck stretching and entwining which was much more romantic...

Sporran
12-Apr-08, 06:08
Do I lead an exciting life? Hmmm - not especially, these days. But on the other hand, there's never a dull moment around here. Things could be a lot worse!

Kevin Milkins
12-Apr-08, 09:38
I flew down to Bristol yesterday and I an now in Exeter. There is grass down here with the cows turned out and the hedges are green. To balance the nice things in life though The traffic is worse than I ever remember it and I am suurounded by bloudy people.ggrrrrrr

paris
12-Apr-08, 10:16
Havent been on for a while as were packing to move. Found lots of things i thought i had binned . Also had a house full of bickering kids ! HELP ..... Today i have people coming round to veiw this house as were renting it out so i now have to do a major clean up .... The joys of being a woman . jan x

balto
12-Apr-08, 10:45
Havent been on for a while as were packing to move. Found lots of things i thought i had binned . Also had a house full of bickering kids ! HELP ..... Today i have people coming round to veiw this house as were renting it out so i now have to do a major clean up .... The joys of being a woman . jan x
just think it will all be worth it in the end, take it is is true what they say that moving house is one of the most stressfull things you can do in life.

Sporran
13-Apr-08, 05:28
Do I lead an exciting life? Hmmm - not especially, these days. But on the other hand, there's never a dull moment around here. Things could be a lot worse!

It dawned on me when I was at work on Saturday evening that it was 30 years ago on April 12th, that I first arrived in the USA with my husband.

THIRTY years ago! Yikes!!! :eek: Looking back, I *have* had some exciting times. Growing up in Thurso, I never dreamed I'd end up living abroad as an adult - in more than one different country, at that! I must say, it certainly broadens your outlook on life. But having said all that, there's still no place like home. Part of my heart is still in Scotland - Caithness in particular, of course. :cool:

percy toboggan
13-Apr-08, 08:11
How often do you go back, Sporran?

Ricco
13-Apr-08, 08:20
My days have recently been taken up getting my new allotment (mini croft) ready for use. Took over a wilderness and have now turned it into a plot that will produce nice fresh veg, give me lots of exercise and fresh air. Yesterday was time for doing some planting - beans, parsnips, tatties, broadbeans. The evenings are spent rubbing linament into the achey bits.

Started some squash seeds in pots to go up later on.

Loch not Lock
13-Apr-08, 08:30
An exciting life is something I've certainly led but I feel I'm having to pay for it now. Over-indulged in everything for over 40 years and must admit it was a fantastic experience which I would not change for anything.
From a wee Caithness croft to nearly every racecourse in Britain and nearly every pub and club in London and Surrey.
Despite all that "bad" living I had a good job and a great and forgiving wife and daughter.
It's great to be back living in Thurso and still get tremendous excitement from gambling, although I've had to give up the bottle completely, life is wonderful - most of the time anyway.
Diabetes and alcoholism are the only downsides but open the door and inhale that Caithness air (gale) and its worth keeping limping on!:)
Try tuning into the listen again feature on BBC radio - go to local radio Jersey and click on Ted Reynolds - great nostalgic hits from the "fab" fifties and sixties. Certainly brings back the memories.
Wishing plenty of thrills to all fellow Orgers.:)

joxville
13-Apr-08, 17:23
The three stages of life:
1. Sporty
2. Sedentary
3. Senility

I'm presently at No.2:eek:

trix
13-Apr-08, 17:44
i da ken aboot excitin but life is definately guid....;)

Sporran
13-Apr-08, 18:24
How often do you go back, Sporran?

Not nearly as often as I'd like, I'm afraid, Percy! :~( When I first got married, I figured I'd probably get home every year or every other year, but it never worked out that way. I haven't been back to Scotland for 5 years, more's the pity!

karia
13-Apr-08, 18:42
. I haven't been back to Scotland for 5 years, more's the pity!

But just think what a homecoming party we'll have had time to prepare for ye Sporran.!:D

Sporran
13-Apr-08, 22:36
But just think what a homecoming party we'll have had time to prepare for ye Sporran.!:D

Aah, now that *would* be something to look forward to, Karia! :cool:

golach
13-Apr-08, 22:43
Aah, now that *would* be something to look forward to, Karia! :cool:
Spooran, I was up north for a very qweek visit, the place has not changed 'at much, and I was out for a meal on Saturday night in the St Clair Arms....the food was great, the company was even better all 14 of us, of which 10 were .Orgers.
I will now need a week to recover, as the St Clair Arms did us proud

mccaugm
13-Apr-08, 23:03
If you mean what kind of day I have had,

Little fella (3) got up at 8....tried to send him back to his bed so he crawled in beside his biggest brother (17)
Got up about 9:45, showered and wandered to shop for paper and eggs informed hubby that he was to be conscious and walking before I got home.
Bought eggs and went home, hubby had actually got out of bed:D
Made cooked brekkie for family....yum
Relaxed on sofa and then tackled ironing....the height of six pillows...took over an hour and a half....
...downstairs and onto computer - was on a while as hubby was getting washed which takes ages....men and bathrooms????
Decided to go to Dunnet Forest....so of course it started raining
Wee man not a happy bunny as he loves the forest
Carried onto brother in laws in Canisbay who of course was not in
Carried onto Mother in laws ...went for a walk as father in law concentrating on Celtic match. (still do not and do not want to know the score)
In for dinner....and watched a 30 year old Sean Connery movie....even Sean could not save it from itself...it was bad *Meteor*-avoid at all costs
Dinner was great thanks to m M I L
Sat and waited for hubby to fix F I L's computer
Home, bathed wee fella and tidied up studenty stuff
Spent rest of evening relaxing with rubbish TV and inane computer games but if my tutor asks I was studying ;)

Sporran
13-Apr-08, 23:09
Spooran, I was up north for a very qweek visit, the place has not changed 'at much, and I was out for a meal on Saturday night in the St Clair Arms....the food was great, the company was even better all 14 of us, of which 10 were .Orgers.
I will now need a week to recover, as the St Clair Arms did us proud

Oh, lucky you golach! That must have been a wonderful night out, especially with 10 .Orgers being present! :D

golach
13-Apr-08, 23:39
Oh, lucky you golach! That must have been a wonderful night out, especially with 10 .Orgers being present! :D
Sporran.......it was, of course, what else would you expect, I felt very privileged, being asked to join them:D

canuck
14-Apr-08, 11:59
Work
Noon.
To the Arts and Letters Club for lunch. Yes I am a member of a club. (Canuck can confirm this - she is an honorary member.
Sudden shocking insight - the average of club members is at least 90. ...

rich, for a moment there you had me a wee bit homesick. (By the way, had you not noticed the age of the club members? I picked up on that my first visit.)

But this morning a Caithness friend arrived for coffee. Life is good again.