PDA

View Full Version : Goggle Jackets!

Flyermonkey
10-Apr-08, 19:14
Has anyone else heard of 'goggle jackets'? I suddenly had an I feel old moment when I heard someone mention them and had no idea what they were talking about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7155917.stm)

I am sure I remember one of the Pet Shop Boys wearing one back in the day, but apparently they are now the jacket of choice for the streetwise - a good way to avoid CCTV and our surveillance society! Might get one myself...

Julia
10-Apr-08, 19:22
Jeeze they look creepy, I'd run a mile if I saw someone wearing that on a dark night!

brokencross
11-Apr-08, 08:28
Don't know about goggle jackets but the other morning on BBC 5Live there a chap on who is marketing Bullet Proof Hoodies called the Defender. Not for the military, not for the police but for the general public. he said they had interest from taxi drivers, bus drivers and the like.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3682725.ece

A pretty sad reflection on our society. At £300 each you must feel threatened if you buy one. Next time I feel like shooting someone I shall have to aim for between the eyes.

Flair
11-Apr-08, 10:22
I'd be willing to bet that if they're selling then there'll be a rapid increase in muggings, burglaries and people being brought in for questioning regarding terrorist activity.

Wouldn't have one myself though. Walking around in a 'poor man's' gas mask isn't exactly my idea of fashionable.

Flyermonkey
11-Apr-08, 12:10
Apparently they are selling the 'Goggle Jackets' in McAllans in Wick and Thurso! So they really will be coming soon to a street near us.

How very odd.

TBH
11-Apr-08, 12:46
Rapists, burglars, muggers, what a clientele.

scotsboy
11-Apr-08, 13:25
Originally made by CP Company, named the Mille Miglia which were designed Massimo Osti, inspired by 1920S racewear. They cost around 400 pounds. Lots of copies and fakes are around now.

I have a CP Company "goggle jacket" and am neither a rapist, burgler or mugger.

TBH
11-Apr-08, 16:41
I have a CP Company "goggle jacket" and am neither a rapist, burgler or mugger.That does not mean they won't be bought for the specific purpose of someone concealing their identity and commiting a criminal act.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Apr-08, 17:00
Goggle Jackets.LOL..........man is there no originality in the world.Take the goggle jacket paint the fabric yellow and the eyes black and ye have the smiley face fae the rave culture.Rip off,i say,Rip off.:lol:(a free smiley for all)

scotsboy
11-Apr-08, 19:11
That does not mean they won't be bought for the specific purpose of someone concealing their identity and commiting a criminal act.

A bit like womens tights then.

TBH
11-Apr-08, 20:03
A bit like womens tights then.You don't see many people walking about with tights on their head do you?[lol]

scotsboy
11-Apr-08, 20:46
Do you actually read what you post TBH?

TBH
11-Apr-08, 22:00
Do you actually read what you post TBH?

Rapists, burglars, muggers, what a clientele.It's pretty self explanatory.

Originally made by CP Company, named the Mille Miglia which were designed Massimo Osti, inspired by 1920S racewear. They cost around 400 pounds. Lots of copies and fakes are around now.

That does not mean they won't be bought for the specific purpose of someone concealing their identity and commiting a criminal act.No, you are neither a rapist nor a mugger but people will use this item of clothing to conceal their identity. Is that not a cause for concern?

A bit like womens tights then.

You don't see many people walking about with tights on their head do you?[lol]Have womens tights become popular as headgear?

MadPict
11-Apr-08, 22:04
At last - something to save the nations eyes from gazing upon the acne ridden faces of todays yoof - "Aiiiiii, Is it cos I 'as zits?".....

When I first saw this I thought it was about Google Jackets (http://www.google-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=361)....

scotsboy
12-Apr-08, 07:35
I would suggest that the majority of rapists, burglars and muggers will not wear this jacket, but if they choose to try and conceal their identity they will use something that is easier to conceal itself i.e. a scarf, balaclava or women’s tights.
The fact that something can be used to conceal someone’s identity is of no concern to me whatsoever.

Women’s tights have been more popular head-gear amongst those who rape, burgle and mug than “goggle jackets” will ever be.

My only misgiving about these jackets is that from a relatively exclusive design they have become somewhat mainstream.

rockchick
12-Apr-08, 08:39
I didn't know what they were called, but I've seen these in the shops. There's one that is done up like a skeleton that my son is DYING for.

Boozeburglar
12-Apr-08, 08:59

No, but you may well be appearing in a sequel to Blue Velvet.

;)

dunderheed
12-Apr-08, 15:47
these jacketsa have been around for a while , i used to (in the late 80's) in the time of my white glove phase go glazeed eyed and drooly at the mooth over these jackets. although i'm older wiser now i still get a wee feeling in my gut when i see the original cp jackets.