PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

cuddlepop
10-Apr-08, 14:09
Since I've stopped work I've managed to put a stone in weight on and its playing havoc with my knees.
I dont know why but weight alwas gathers on my thighs,could do with pushing some up to my bust but it wont move.:lol:
This morning I went to the gym and I hate the gym with a passion .Could only manage half an hour as I wanted out.It wasnt busy I just hate being indoors.
Walk the dogs every day but its not eneogh.Have removed all sweets,biscuits,cakes and treats.I've got to burn the extra off but just cant.

What gives you the motivation to do something?

Kevin Milkins
10-Apr-08, 14:20
Since I've stopped work I've managed to put a stone in weight on and its playing havoc with my knees.
I dont know why but weight alwas gathers on my thighs,could do with pushing some up to my bust but it wont move.:lol:
This morning I went to the gym and I hate the gym with a passion .Could only manage half an hour as I wanted out.It wasnt busy I just hate being indoors.
Walk the dogs every day but its not eneogh.Have removed all sweets,biscuits,cakes and treats.I've got to burn the extra off but just cant.

In the same boat cuddlepop. I have put on 3 stone and my knees creek a bit.
I think it would be easy to worry about and eat for comfort ,but balance I think is the answear. The lighter nights and better weather is with us so a bit more gardening and out side work and they say swimming is good if you have back or knee trouble. Good luck

Angela
10-Apr-08, 14:25
Cuddlepop, it was your thread a while ago about changing/starting one thing a week that got me doing quite a few things I never would have otherwise...so thank you very much! :D

One of the things I did was join an online calorie counting/exercise forum, starting with just losing half a pound a week. I'd already cut out stuff such as biscuits and crisps, but I hadn't realised I was just eating TOO MUCH.

The first week I cheated and lost nothing at all, but since then it's gone really well. I've been able to change what I eat just enough and get a wee bit more exercise (difficult as I have fibromyalgia) and now I'm 6lbs lighter than I was after Christmas.

It's helped with the fibro as well - I'm not so stiff and achy -and that includes my knees!

I think the motivation for me was to be able to keep up with my toddling granddaughter! ;)

Julia
10-Apr-08, 14:50

A good kick up the backside and that's about it! I'm so unmotivated I think I have motivation sickness

balto
10-Apr-08, 15:15
motivation is not a word i care to use very often, uses to much energy.

cuddlepop
10-Apr-08, 15:57
Cuddlepop, it was your thread a while ago about changing/starting one thing a week that got me doing quite a few things I never would have otherwise...so thank you very much! :D

One of the things I did was join an online calorie counting/exercise forum, starting with just losing half a pound a week. I'd already cut out stuff such as biscuits and crisps, but I hadn't realised I was just eating TOO MUCH.

The first week I cheated and lost nothing at all, but since then it's gone really well. I've been able to change what I eat just enough and get a wee bit more exercise (difficult as I have fibromyalgia) and now I'm 6lbs lighter than I was after Christmas.

It's helped with the fibro as well - I'm not so stiff and achy -and that includes my knees!

I think the motivation for me was to be able to keep up with my toddling granddaughter! ;)

i think I've reached the age where you can eat only half as much as you use to but need to exercise twice as much.
Oh going to give the bike a service so maybe i'll go for a cycle.

trix
10-Apr-08, 16:08
hi cuddles - i can help ye get some motivation an' lose weight....if yer interested :Razz

best til do'ed while 'e moon is wanin, full moon on 'e 20th so let me ken before then an il pm ye wi details ;)

trix x

cuddlepop
10-Apr-08, 16:48
hi cuddles - i can help ye get some motivation an' lose weight....if yer interested :Razz

best til do'ed while 'e moon is wanin, full moon on 'e 20th so let me ken before then an il pm ye wi details ;)

trix x

The mind boggles.As long as what ever it is is painless lol

trix
10-Apr-08, 16:55
The mind boggles.As long as what ever it is is painless lol

painless...an' effortless ;)

gie me a few days til process 'e details an' il be in touch.

much better results efter 'e 20th so ye'v plenty o' time yet....

da worry, i wilna forget aboot ye....;)

cuddlepop
10-Apr-08, 16:59
painless...an' effortless

gie me a few days til process 'e details an' il be in touch.

much better results efter 'e 20th so ye'v plenty o' time yet....

da worry, i wilna forget aboot ye....;)
So do you think I can have chips with my steak tonight and not boiled new potatoes.lol
There's caramel shortbread hiding in the cupboard too......:lol:

trix
10-Apr-08, 17:22
So do you think I can have chips with my steak tonight and not boiled new potatoes.lol
There's caramel shortbread hiding in the cupboard too......

id go for 'e new tatties an' then 'e caramel shortbried ;)

mind - 'iss'l ony work if ye really want'ed til...

once at moon starts wanin....so wil ye :lol: