PDA

View Full Version : weird email

Ash
10-Apr-08, 12:20
just received this:

Late Mark, I'm writing you this letter because of the love I had for you, I know you can't

check your e-mails no more as I heard from your friend (Shan) about your sudden death.

Why you left me behind and respond unto Heaven whistle? You are running me crazy because I have not seen anyone on earth that I loved more than you, you left me remained Single.

You always promised me you will take care of my stunning, you stopped me from having another guy, as you suspected its very easy for guys to make love advances to me (because of my beauty) now, what will be the next step since I have no other boyfriend to go along, and I had promised you I will never had any guy when you are still alive, but now you are dead. I hope we are not meant to be and pray to God for your forgiveness, If truly dead souls see what earthly human do, definitely, you will know I wrote you this last letter.

from (sharninam@nigeria.com.ng (http://by113w.bay113.mail.live.com/mail/ApplicationMain_12.4.0080.0327.aspx?culture=en-GB&hash=1686645951#))

weird or what?:eek:

Julia
10-Apr-08, 12:28
that is rather weird, my advice is just bin it and forget about it!

bekisman
10-Apr-08, 12:53
look up 'Nigerian scam' on Google this one usually ends up 'send me money to come and see you'

Penelope Pitstop
10-Apr-08, 13:57
I agree with bekisman...scam. Don't reply to it 'cause then they will know that they have sought someone out from the 1,000s they will have sent.

Next thing then would be to get the begging letters, or telling you that they have X amount of money that they need to transfer into a UK account urgently.......blah, blah, blah....just delete it and forget about it.

Kevin Milkins
10-Apr-08, 13:58
I get the odd text that leaves you thinking who sent me that and if you phone up its proberbly a premium rate phone line.
If you get a call or email that you are not sure about just bin it.
If somebody you know wants or needs to contact you they will always try again. Dont worry about it Ash

lady penelope
10-Apr-08, 14:00
Ash, I too have had this e-mail and more besides, the bank one seems the favourite at the moment, report as spam then you won't get any more, they will go straight into your bin!;)

balto
10-Apr-08, 15:19
seems to me like if you respond to it one thing will lead to another and before you know it they will be wanting money, just get rid of it.

Ricco
10-Apr-08, 16:37
Ash - it is a scam. It is prose created by a prose generator program. Notice the strange combination of words and the odd scan to the phrasing. Definitely straight to the bin, then empty the bin.