PDA

View Full Version : Somerfield/Co-op

BIG A
09-Apr-08, 19:46
The CO OP could be the new owners of Somerfield as early as next week if there offer is accepted by Somerfield. :lol:

dirdyweeker
09-Apr-08, 20:31
where did you hear this bit of information then?

BIG A
09-Apr-08, 20:52
where did you hear this bit of information then?
It seem some of you out there have to know every source for some unknown reason,sometimes sources have to be kept Private but if you wish to check this story it was Published at 3 am April 2008 in the Financial TIMES.
WWW.FT.COM (http://www.FT.COM) Enter CO OP in the search box will take you to it.
We write Fact not Fiction.

warrior
09-Apr-08, 20:55
Well done big A once again a reliable source !

mr do dar
09-Apr-08, 21:19
i think if the coop do buy them out the will sell the one in wick cos they will just rob off on shop to pay the other .

dirdyweeker
10-Apr-08, 00:01
It seem some of you out there have to know every source for some unknown reason,sometimes sources have to be kept Private but if you wish to check this story it was Published at 3 am April 2008 in the Financial TIMES.
WWW.FT.COM (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.FT.COM) Enter CO OP in the search box will take you to it.
We write Fact not Fiction.

Sorry for being so blunt but there is so much rumour re new shops in Wick that I thought this was yet another. Will certainly be interesting if they are successful to see what they will do with Wick store. I cannot see them selling it off to another company as it would give yet more competition in a small town.

Whitewater
10-Apr-08, 00:58
I don't know what is the answer living in Wick. I go to Tesco, but I'm more often in Summerfield. Reason being that it is central, and has what I want. The Co-op is central as well, both stores are in good positions in town. I don't favour one more than the other. It is just whatever store I'm nearest to when I get the urge to shop.

Perhaps more people feel the same as me, but I can't be bothered going to Tesco unless it is a big shopping, they have such a variety, and seem geared up for us shoppers, we can almost get everything there without having to leave the store, but we seem to loose a wee bit of ourselves when we become too dependant on them as 'The Store'. Do we become their slaves?, are we perhaps brainwashed by the displays? I don't know the answer, but speaking for myself, and perhaps many others, we seem to become brainwashed by their suttle displays. They are without doubt masters of there craft.

ashaw1
10-Apr-08, 19:54
Now that Tesco have the permission to build a larger store in Thurso you might just find that Co-op buy the smaller shop that was originally Sommerfields.

cuddlepop
10-Apr-08, 20:05
Our Somerfield hasnt had the usual variety and quantity of stock for a few months now.
This must be why you get the impression their running our store down

If Coop buy all the Somerfields then we have no consumer choice on Skye as we only have a Coop aswell.

Lidils are in the process of applying for planning permission but even if its ok'd a new build will take ages.:(

Chligh
12-Apr-08, 21:58
What happenedto their meat and delicattesson?

cuddlepop
13-Apr-08, 09:30
Heard yesterday from a Somerfield employee the bids between Asda and the Coop and they dont think Coop will have the £2.5 million there're asking for.