PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for justice

Kevin Milkins
08-Apr-08, 20:40
I think its very shabby the way poor old Pete Doherty has been treated by judge Davinder Lachar. The former Libertines and Baby Shambles front man has been dealt a bitter blow today by being sent to jail for 15 weeks. Its a bitter blow for the star as he had a few important gigs lined up and his record label plan to appeal. His spokesman said "whats the big deal it was only a bit of bad time keeping and useing different drugs" Does anyone know where I can get some FREE PETE T SHIRTS printed :cool:

SNOWDOG
08-Apr-08, 20:48
Probably from the place that made the paris hilton ones! :roll:

Kevin Milkins
08-Apr-08, 20:58
I may have lived a shelterd life but this guy is never out of the news and is always refered to like he is the guy that has made it. Once, and once only have I hered him sing and Elton John introduced him on stage to sing a song at a charity gig and he was rank. I dont mind Elton John ,but even he went down in my estimation. Lock him up with a bucket full of Ketomin and a syringe for company.

sweetpea
08-Apr-08, 21:00
I wasn't that impressed with it either, thought it was bit steep but probably because I was comparing it to up here where he would have got chance after chance for breaching. But hey maybe that's what's needed. Shame for the audiences missing out at the gig's though.

MadPict
08-Apr-08, 21:02
The guys a loser. He broke the law and should have been locked up long ago - he should be left to rot. He's a talentless smackhead.

balto
08-Apr-08, 21:03
about time this man was dealt with proberly by the courts he has got of with it to many time, pity they didnt give him more than 15 weeks what kind of example are they setting to the kids

Kevin Milkins
08-Apr-08, 21:05
The guys a loser. He broke the law and should have been locked up long ago - he should be left to rot. He's a talentless smackhead.

Thats what I thought ,but did not want to appear outspoken.:eek:

karia
08-Apr-08, 22:09
Lock him up with a bucket full of Ketomin and a syringe for company.

That's harsh Kevin!

We must always wish the best outcome for folks..surely?!:(

Whatever their history.

TBH
08-Apr-08, 22:16
The guy is a total tube and so is Amy Winehouse, lock them both up with a syringe of heroin, two knives and let them fight it out. Great format for one of those iq lowering reality shows that we are being spoon-fed on tv.

Boozeburglar
08-Apr-08, 22:21
He is a brilliant song writer and performer, truly brilliant.

Amy is a great performer too.

Pity their habits are threatening to rob them and us of their potential.

:)

TBH
08-Apr-08, 22:24
He is a brilliant song writer and performer, truly brilliant.

Amy is a great performer too.

Pity their habits are threatening to rob them and us of their potential.

:)Nobody will remember those crackheads in ten years time.

Kevin Milkins
08-Apr-08, 22:25
The guy is a total tube and so is Amy Winehouse, lock them both up with a syringe of heroin, two knives and let them fight it out. Great format for one of those iq lowering reality shows that we are being spoon-fed on tv.

I am not sure if I am harsh or not . but at least Amy can sing and entertain a bit. every time I see Doherty I think what a tit. I suppose sombody is his parents though and you have to feel a bit sorry for them

karia
08-Apr-08, 22:31

I didnae ken ye knew them both and had looked into their psychological profiles and found them to be without hope.:eek:

What's to say?

me, I like til give folks a chance...hev you never been given a second chance?

Or hev ye aye bin perfect?:D

TBH
08-Apr-08, 22:33
I am not sure if I am harsh or not . but at least Amy can sing and entertain a bit. every time I see Doherty I think what a tit. I suppose sombody is his parents though and you have to feel a bit sorry for themI would concede some sympathy for their parents but not for those sleaze-bags, let them rot.

Kevin Milkins
08-Apr-08, 22:36
I didnae ken ye knew them both and had looked into their psychological profiles and found them to be without hope.:eek:

What's to say?

I certainly admire your paitence Karia , but all I know about Pete Doherty is what I see in the media. How many second chances does a person require before you say ,"Enough is Enough"

TBH
08-Apr-08, 22:36

What's to say?

Or hev ye aye bin perfect?:DWho cares about their psychological profiles. They are in the public eye and negative influence on their "fans". As I said, "let them rot". And take the Artic Junkies with them.

golach
08-Apr-08, 22:44

This Junkie has been given more than a second chance, he is on his fourth or fifth chance, lock him up and throw away the key

karia
08-Apr-08, 22:47
I would concede some sympathy for their parents but not for those sleaze-bags, let them rot.

You are prepared to write young folks off without any prospect of sorting their lives out.

I do not condone these popstar lifestyles..but I accept that people can change and evolve a lot more easily if you don't adopt the 'let them rot' philosophy.

Where's the welcome back to what you call 'mainstream society' in a statement like that.

How does 'wino' or 'crackhouse' as yer every day tabloids call ANYTHING she does contribute to a healthy outcome?

karia
08-Apr-08, 22:55
'Let em rot'..'throw away the key' etc!

These are negative responses...surely we have come beyond that and are not prepared to 'damn' someones life at 20 something?

Doesn't say much for our society if we are so easily defeated!:eek:

Tilter
08-Apr-08, 22:55
Going to jail never cured anyone of a drug habit as far as I know. You're all being way too harsh. Bang all the drunks up for 15 weeks too while you're at it. They're just as irresponsible. (Oh yeah, I forgot, alcohol's legal.)

TBH
08-Apr-08, 22:56
You are prepared to write young folks off without any prospect of sorting their lives out.No Karia but how many chances does that Doherty need?

I do not condone these popstar lifestyles..but I accept that people can change and evolve a lot more easily if you don't adopt the 'let them rot' philosophy.They are not going to evolve, they are going to fade away in their own vomit.

Where's the welcome back to what you call 'mainstream society' in a statement like that.They will never join mainstream society, their heads are too far up their own sphincters.

How does 'wino' or 'crackhouse' as yer every day tabloids call ANYTHING she does contribute to a healthy outcome?Let her get off the drugs and make use of the apparent potential she has.

karia
08-Apr-08, 23:06
There's a lot of 'not' and 'never' in that post TBH!

TBH
08-Apr-08, 23:10
There's a lot of 'not' and 'never' in that post TBH!Negative words for negative influences.

golach
08-Apr-08, 23:32
There's a lot of 'not' and 'never' in that post TBH!
I counted 1 not and 1 never in TBH's post......how can that be a "lot"

Boozeburglar
08-Apr-08, 23:44
Nobody will remember those crackheads in ten years time.

Aye, they said that about the Beatles!

TBH
08-Apr-08, 23:49
Aye, they said that about the Beatles!

:)I take it you threw that in for effect Booze or do you see any real similarities between those two imbeciles and the beatles?

Boozeburglar
09-Apr-08, 00:25
Doherty has written better songs the last years than Macca

Kevin Milkins
09-Apr-08, 01:05
Doherty has written better songs the last years than Macca

I have been living a shelterd life. And I thought I was only joking

Kevin Milkins
09-Apr-08, 01:19
I am not a betting man ,however.
Whats the odds that in 35 years time Pete Doherty will be fighting a legal battle to save his hard earned millions against a parasite wife with one leg.
I dont mind a shilling on that one.

sweetpea
09-Apr-08, 08:46
Going to jail never cured anyone of a drug habit as far as I know. You're all being way too harsh. Bang all the drunks up for 15 weeks too while you're at it. They're just as irresponsible. (Oh yeah, I forgot, alcohol's legal.)

Have to agree, at least inside he will have a steady supply and not have to worry about his next fix.

I happen to rate Pete Docherty as a guitarist and would put him up there with Jack White right now. He would be better employed playing his gig's. Not all his followers are there because he's a junkie.

What exactly will 14 weeks in jail do for him?

As for Amy Winehouse, she is true talent. Modern day Billie Holliday.
And if anyone has been following her story then they will know how hard she is trying to get of junk right now.

I'm afraid if I was trying to think of 'a sad day for justice' then it would be about all the rapists and paedo's that walk free not Pete.

flowertot
09-Apr-08, 09:52

I agree he's been flouting the law for long enough and sets a terrible example to young people running around half crazed. 15 weeks should be 15 years! GGet him out ma sight..lowlife!!

golach
09-Apr-08, 10:09
With you all the way MP, what kind of example does his behaviour convey to the teenagers of today? He does not even hide his conduct, but goes around blatently flouting the law.

cd1977
09-Apr-08, 10:32
You are all missing the point.

The reason these "artists" avoid the nick is because they are part of the London "set" and are therefore given extremely favourable treatment by the courts. This is also the reason why you can read about them every week in the papers. They are from well to do families.

If they were from a housing estate up north rest assured they would have been banged up long ago. And the media attention would have been non-existent.

So by buying these tabloid rags, and then commenting on what you perceive to be injustice, you are actually guilty of fuelling their addictions and the surrounding circus.

Without the drugs they would be utterly talentless.

TBH
09-Apr-08, 10:57
Doherty has written better songs the last years than MaccaAre you seriously comparing one of our greatest living songwriters with Pete Doherty?

karia
09-Apr-08, 11:08
And of course Macca never took drugs........

.............unless you count Cannabis and LSD!:roll:

Valerie Campbell
09-Apr-08, 11:15
I don't see how sending him to jail is going to help Pete Doherty. As pointed out, he'll get his fix there anyway. He needs to get professional help. I saw the documentary 'Detox or Die.' Maybe someone should send him a copy...

golach
09-Apr-08, 11:28

I am not condoning the use of Drugs in any form, but how can you compare Sir Paul with this object, Sir Paul never broke any bail conditions, Pete Docherty did many times, so he deserves the full weight of the law.

karia
09-Apr-08, 11:41
but how can you compare Sir Paul with this object,

Sorry golach but you'd never get me calling an other human being 'this object'.:(

golach
09-Apr-08, 11:48
Sorry golach but you'd never get me calling an other human being 'this object'.:(
Sorry Karia but you'd never get me comparing a Knight of the Realm with Pete Docherty [disgust]

Kevin Milkins
09-Apr-08, 12:11
I don't see how sending him to jail is going to help Pete Doherty. As pointed out, he'll get his fix there anyway. He needs to get professional help. I saw the documentary 'Detox or Die.' Maybe someone should send him a copy...

There is lot being said about helping Pete Doherty and prison is not going to HELP him. How much help does he need. He has been let off time and time again and given countless chances to get his act together. The reason he has been sent to prison is for not taking the many oppotunities to help himself. If you want to break the law consistantly, and stick your 2 fingers up to those that have stood by you then prison is about all he deserves.

sandyr
09-Apr-08, 15:51
Just a thought from another direction.......Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise....he may get some help in the slammer, at least to perhaps wean him off his drug habit for a while, or at least regulate his addiction with other suitable replacements..e.g. methadone.
I know we are all sceptics, me being among them, but it has worked in the past...who knows....but I feel better, rather than him 'helping himself', he may have some additional 'help'!
Don't crucify me...it does work sometimes!!!!

MadPict
09-Apr-08, 15:58
Well if he doesn't get help at least he'll get some new song material....

Gleber2
09-Apr-08, 16:27
Just a thought from another direction.......Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise....he may get some help in the slammer, at least to perhaps wean him off his drug habit for a while, or at least regulate his addiction with other suitable replacements..e.g. methadone.
I know we are all sceptics, me being among them, but it has worked in the past...who knows....but I feel better, rather than him 'helping himself', he may have some additional 'help'!
Don't crucify me...it does work sometimes!!!!
You must be joking!!!!! Drug supply in UK prisons is pretty good and heroin is the drug of choice as it leaves the system in 48 hrs and does not show up in drug tests after that time.
Methadone as a suitable substitute? Again you must be joking. Methadone addiction is much harder to break than heroin addiction and 85 people died from methadon poisoning last year in Scotland alone. Anyone who successfully comes off heroin with methadone is left with a much worse addiction.
If Pete lived in Caithness and wasn't a celebrity, he would have been jailed long ago as Amy Winehouse would have been. Whether you break the law as a nobody in Caithness or break the law as a celebrity in London, the sentencing should be the same. Trial by postcode is a bit unfair.

Gleber2
09-Apr-08, 16:34
Sorry Karia but you'd never get me comparing a Knight of the Realm with Pete Docherty [disgust]
But he smokes cannabis. From your frequently expressed beliefs he is just another junkie. So he is a Sir. What difference does his title make to your opinion of him as a dope smoker. Hypocrisy all round.
What do they have in common? they are both human, they are both stars, they are both musicians, they are both song writers and they both take drugs. The only difference is the title.
BTW I think Doherty's music sucks but then I have never liked Maca much either.

Tristan
09-Apr-08, 17:46
Trial by postcode is a bit unfair.
Trial by postcode or trial by pocket book?

Boozeburglar
09-Apr-08, 18:51
The pressure on these people is enormous.

No wonder what starts as recreation becomes addiction.

Anything to escape.

We and the media are ultimately to blame.

rob murray
09-Apr-08, 19:10
But he smokes cannabis. From your frequently expressed beliefs he is just another junkie. So he is a Sir. What difference does his title make to your opinion of him as a dope smoker. Hypocrisy all round.
What do they have in common? they are both human, they are both stars, they are both musicians, they are both song writers and they both take drugs. The only difference is the title.
BTW I think Doherty's music sucks but then I have never liked Maca much either.

The Bobby Fuller Four got it right....I fought the law ( and the law won )...incidentally Doherty is a long time user of opiates...or to romantisize he smokes / injects "opium"...Macca is a self confessed life long dope smoker..no opiates there...opium makes Doherty sound as if he's some meaningful 19th century poet ( Byron by any chance ? )...its smack ok !

Boozeburglar
09-Apr-08, 19:14
Starter for ten...

How many of the jazz greats used opium?

golach
09-Apr-08, 19:57
Gleber, what do you not understand, about my previous post, I stated my opinion about the use of drugs, and you of course have used this as a personal gibe at me, because I and many like me do not think the way you do.
Whos says I am wrong? And on the other hand who says you are correct, not me....but again thats just my opinion.

I am not condoning the use of Drugs in any form, but how can you compare Sir Paul with this object, Sir Paul never broke any bail conditions, Pete Docherty did many times, so he deserves the full weight of the law.

Gleber2
09-Apr-08, 20:33
Gleber, what do you not understand, about my previous post, I stated my opinion about the use of drugs, and you of course have used this as a personal gibe at me, because I and many like me do not think the way you do.
Whos says I am wrong? And on the other hand who says you are correct, not me....but again thats just my opinion.
Once more you evade the point.

rob murray
10-Apr-08, 09:26
Starter for ten...

How many of the jazz greats used opium?

Coleridge and Byron

Rie
10-Apr-08, 10:19
he is a waste of space, sorry just my opinion but there it is.
Why do we idolise celebrity so much when they act like this??
any other drug user caught and let off as many times as pete and there would be an out cry of injustice!
15 weeks isnt long enough for this bloke!!

cd1977
10-Apr-08, 10:35
Who are the "we" who idolise Doherty/Winehouse so much?

The London based media, perhaps?

It sells red tops. The fact that people's lives are involved is irrelevant.

Trial by postcode is correct.

golach
10-Apr-08, 10:58
Once more you evade the point.
Pray do tell, which point I have evaded, I would love to be enlightened. You seem to have appointed yourself as my Guru in the ways and uses of illegal substances.
I have repeatedly informed you of my standing on this subject, so why do you persist in trying to say my way of thinking is wrong, there are many of us on the Org and else where who think as I do.
If you are refering to my preferance over Paul McCartney to Pete Docherty, I have to say I was never a fan of the Beatles anyway, but I still prefer Sir Paul to thon ither object.

cd1977
10-Apr-08, 11:45
The hypocrisy of those who "like" McCartney and "hate" Doherty is staggering.

Ignorance is bliss though, eh?

Gleber2
10-Apr-08, 12:17
The hypocrisy of those who "like" McCartney and "hate" Doherty is staggering.

Ignorance is bliss though, eh?
You,at least, have not evaded the point. A peer or a pauper, a criminal is a criminal, particularly when the crime is almost the same.

MadPict
10-Apr-08, 12:18
I wonder how often McCartney decorated his home with his blood and excrement?
I wonder how often McCartney was filmed injecting fan with heroin drawing blood for painting?

McCartney took drugs by his own admission - and let's face it, a good chunk of what the Beatles wrote was probably as the result of drugs!

Doherty is a mess.

NB - I am not a fan of McCartney or Beatles.

golach
10-Apr-08, 19:46
You,at least, have not evaded the point. A peer or a pauper, a criminal is a criminal, particularly when the crime is almost the same.
As far as I am concerned the hypocrite is in fact you, nowhere did I say, I approved of any of the actions of either. I have never ever said I condoned the use of illegal substances, unlike yourself.
Paul McCartney as far as I know was never put on bail, and was never seen as promoting the Misuse of Drugs Culture, as P Docherty has done publicly many times. There is as far as I am concerned something very wrong with the Music Industry if muscians have to rely on illegal substances to get insperation.[disgust]
And you call P Docharty a pauper.....hmmmm some pauper, how does he pay for his drugs?

Gleber2
10-Apr-08, 20:21
As far as I am concerned the hypocrite is in fact you, nowhere did I say, I approved of any of the actions of either. I have never ever said I condoned the use of illegal substances, unlike yourself.
Paul McCartney as far as I know was never put on bail, and was never seen as promoting the Misuse of Drugs Culture, as P Docherty has done publicly many times. There is as far as I am concerned something very wrong with the Music Industry if muscians have to rely on illegal substances to get insperation.[disgust]
And you call P Docharty a pauper.....hmmmm some pauper, how does he pay for his drugs?
It would be so easy to get into a arguement with you but what's the point.
BTW I was speaking about life in general when comparing peer to pauper. You should learn to write what you mean and learn to read what others write instead of seeing only what you want to see. Some of us have a wider vision than you have ever shown in this forum.

rob murray
11-Apr-08, 11:57
It would be so easy to get into a arguement with you but what's the point.
BTW I was speaking about life in general when comparing peer to pauper. You should learn to write what you mean and learn to read what others write instead of seeing only what you want to see. Some of us have a wider vision than you have ever shown in this forum.

I can see for miles and miles eh ?

Gleber2
11-Apr-08, 12:48
I can see for miles and miles eh ?
And, at 63, I still don't use specs.:)
BTW, Do you recognise my avatar?

TBH
11-Apr-08, 12:50
And, at 63, I still don't use specs.:)Not even rose-tinted ones?:eek:

Gleber2
11-Apr-08, 14:16
Not even rose-tinted ones?:eek:
Threw them away when I developed the correct degree of cynicism.:)

rob murray
11-Apr-08, 14:37
And, at 63, I still don't use specs.:)
BTW, Do you recognise my avatar?

Aye now you say it...Tartan Special ?

Gleber2
11-Apr-08, 14:47
Aye now you say it...Tartan Special ?
Not quite. Arch Druids Return four years earlier.

rob murray
11-Apr-08, 14:53
Not quite. Arch Druids Return four years earlier.

Cheers, I mind it now.

Boozeburglar
11-Apr-08, 15:24
Paul McCartney as far as I know was never put on bail, and was never seen as promoting the Misuse of Drugs Culture

Perhaps he was always careful to add he did not support the misuse, but he has been a long standing advocate for the use. Jailed and released, arrested multiple times showing no respect for different attitudes in different cultures towards his habits.

If Pete Doherty had been a Beatle his treatment would be different.

There is as far as I am concerned something very wrong with the Music Industry if muscians have to rely on illegal substances to get insperation.

You are entitled to think that. However, the reality is that just about all creative undertakings have reached their height when people have reached for the stars, and this has often involved a chemical space rocket.

Just my opinion, of course, but 80% of the artists and musicians I know enjoy some of this some of that, 80% of the good ones anyway.

Gleber2
11-Apr-08, 16:40
Perhaps he was always careful to add he did not support the misuse, but he has been a long standing advocate for the use. Jailed and released, arrested multiple times showing no respect for different attitudes in different cultures towards his habits.

If Pete Doherty had been a Beatle his treatment would be different.

You are entitled to think that. However, the reality is that just about all creative undertakings have reached their height when people have reached for the stars, and this has often involved a chemical space rocket.

Just my opinion, of course, but 80% of the artists and musicians I know enjoy some of this some of that, 80% of the good ones anyway.

Do not confuse the protagonist with facts, he's already made up his mind.[evil]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Apr-08, 16:49
Pete has had his musical moments,but wi folk around him.I think his drugs made him think he was better than what he was.He can live with his demons now.Amy Winehouse is a classic singer,but is so messed up with things around her.Its up to them as musicians to see what lies ahead.I'm just a music buyer,if yer stuff is good to listen to,I'll buy it.I don't care what yer on,if the music is good I'll buy it.
It does go back though,Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds,L.S.D,aye John it was a song about a picture drawn by Sean,sure it was John,sure it was.

TBH
02-May-08, 20:42
PETE DOHERTY is to go free on Tuesday — after just 29 days of his 14-week jail term and DESPITE taking heroin behind bars.

Link (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1116086.ece)

Still managing to shoot-up whilst in the prison detox unit and now he is released, is supposedly going on a three day bender.
When is this imbecile going to get treated by the courts like the scum he is? That was a rhetorical question.

golach
03-May-08, 00:42
TBH, I am in full agreement with you, he committed the crime, he should do the full time.
This seems to me to be the norm and the acceptable thing that happens in the music industry, are they all junkies? Look at other threads in here.
If the use of illeagal substances makes you a better musician, then, what does that convey to the younger generation of today???

MadPict
03-May-08, 00:51
Labour - Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime...

Let him have his bender. He may end it for once and all...

joxville
03-May-08, 01:15
Labour - Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime...

Let him have his bender. He may end it for once and all...

I'm with you on that. I've stopped buying a newspaper on a daily basis now. I was sick to the back teeth of seeing him and that other waste of a life Amy Winohouse in the paper every other day.

TRUCKER
03-May-08, 05:58
It Seems That People That Should Be Showing Their Younger Fans How To Behave Dont Do That And The Courts Letting Them Off Lightly Sends Out The Message That That Sort Of Behaveour Is Ok.

camor
04-May-08, 02:13
The best thing for this waste of space would be to go on his bender, od and set a real example to those tempted to follow in his footsteps. This guy is a waster. If he wasn't a southern musician/celebrity(tongue in cheek) nobody would give two hoots if he was found dead with a needle in his arm. He is a pig, he caused a bit of a stir the last time he played in Aberdeen and endeared himself to the locals by spitting on them as he got back on his tour bus. Now that is a class act!!!!

Kevin Milkins
04-May-08, 03:27
The best thing for this waste of space would be to go on his bender, od and set a real example to those tempted to follow in his footsteps. This guy is a waster. If he wasn't a southern musician/celebrity(tongue in cheek) nobody would give two hoots if he was found dead with a needle in his arm. He is a pig, he caused a bit of a stir the last time he played in Aberdeen and endeared himself to the locals by spitting on them as he got back on his tour bus. Now that is a class act!!!!

I think ,Like me your not a Pete Doherty fan. This thread has rumbled on for about a month now and has wonderd from Pete to Amy and back again.
There has been some that would like to hang them both from the nearest lamp post and some that feel no one is behond redemption.
I feel that these people are famous for good or bad and have an influence on the next generation and that worries me.