PDA

View Full Version : no weel....

trix
08-Apr-08, 14:17
wonderin if ye can help me guys....

am off ma work no weel. im full o' e' cowld an i hev earache (an ma mams in tenerife) :~(

choost spoke til grany an she says heat up some olive oil on a teaspoon, wi a lighter - (im thinkin o a scene fie trainspottin here) :eek: an pour it in ma lug!!

she says get some chicken soup in me - (for 'e soul)

paracetamol an hayfevor allergy tabs.....an back'l ma beid....

any ither 'wise wifie' tips for me....?

iv bin telt til take whisky, but ats how i ken am really no weel - i cana look at 'e stuff!!

desperate til get back til ma work tomorrow....am fed up an miserable....

i choost want ma mam.....(tears are near trippin me)

Gleber2
08-Apr-08, 14:19
All 'at Jamesons catchan up wi ye.:Razz

Liz
08-Apr-08, 14:23
Oh poor you! I know how sore loogig is as hev hed bother wi my loogs since I was a bairn!

Your Granny is right in that warm olive oil will help. Do you have a small glass bottle you could put it in and then stand it in hot water? Might be safer than a lighter.If you have some lavender oil add a few drops as this is soothing.

Take Ibuprofen and Paracetamol for the pain and keep warm.

Also Olbas Oil would be good to breathe in to clear your airways. Put some in a bowl of hot water and put a towel over your head to keep the steam in. Not to hot or you'll burn yourself!

If your earache doesn't clear up soon you should go to the Dr as you may have an infection and need antibiotics.

Take good care
xxx

trix
08-Apr-08, 14:24
All 'at Jamesons catchan up wi ye.:Razz

i wish ats all'ed wis...

im suffered many a hingo'er but n'er as bad as 'iss :~(

Sapphire2803
08-Apr-08, 14:28
A bit of warm oil or vaseline etc on cotton wool for your ear, to stop the cold getting in.
A wee drop of that luvverly Irish whisky, with a big spoon of honey and some hot water (if ya can manage it)
Have you not got any lemsip or similar?
Do you want anything dropped off when I pick Mum up?
if so, just send me a pm. Can't have you suffering like that missus
I'll be leaving at about ten to three...

trix
08-Apr-08, 14:39
cheers liz, i do hev a wee gless bottle that i could use...am thinkin grany hes bin watchin too much 'bad' telly - on her new wide screen :lol:

an i hev some lavander oil too.

il send 'e auld cheil on 'e olbas oil run when he's done his work....

now, if ma mam wis here she wid be doon lookin efter me wi a bagful o' remedies.

'e auld cheil is guid at fillin up ma gless an ma belly, but ma mi'r is 'e best as makin her 'no weel' bairn feel better....

boohoo....come back mither - all is forgiven....i love ye 'e most...ifanow [lol]

trix
08-Apr-08, 14:46
cheers sapphire....i hev sent ye a pm ;)

jings00
08-Apr-08, 15:42
half an ingan strapped til e afflicted loog.
for chesty cough, steep some crushed cardamom pods in hot water and drink at, as much as ye want
rub e olbas oil in ahind yer loogs and ower yer kist,
an i hope yer better soon

trix
08-Apr-08, 15:53
half an ingan strapped til e afflicted loog.
for chesty cough, steep some crushed cardamom pods in hot water and drink at, as much as ye want
rub e olbas oil in ahind yer loogs and ower yer kist,
an i hope yer better soon

cheers chings...am off'l get half an ingan an a peice o string ;)

choost hope ma door bell disna go.....:lol:

sayin 'at, am no worried....any'hin til make iss sore loogs go awie....

any'hin for a runny nose - except a tampon?

Sapphire2803
08-Apr-08, 15:53
Pineapple juice has more vit c than orange and is easier on your stomach, mix it half and half with water and drink loads.
Grapefruit is also great for vit c and it also detoxes your liver.
Mix some geranium oil with the lavendar oil in a carrier oil and rub it on wherever you can reach (DIY aromatherapy massage)

Sapphire2803
08-Apr-08, 15:55
I now have a mental image of you hunkered down in a corner with a tampon inserted in each nostril, warming olive oil in a teaspoon with a lighter. :eek:

Gleber2
08-Apr-08, 16:10
Tak ten cloves o' garlic an superglue them till yur toes. 'At'll do 'e trick.

Kevin Milkins
08-Apr-08, 16:14
No sound advice from me Trix but am sad to hear that your not well and hope that Ye tic ead all bin sid. Get well soon.:(

trix
08-Apr-08, 16:32
I now have a mental image of you hunkered down in a corner with a tampon inserted in each nostril, warming olive oil in a teaspoon with a lighter. :eek:

ye forgot til mention 'e half an ingan strapped til each lug wi a peice o' string....

cheers gleber, am off til get 'e garlic an 'e superglue ;)

dirdyweeker
08-Apr-08, 17:02
if you have a camera I am sure we would all love to see the end result. I have never had such a laugh in a long time trying to envisage you all dolled up with onions, garlic etc!
On a more serious note.....truely hope you feel better soon.

karia
08-Apr-08, 17:06
Ah my sweet trix..at least yer sense of humour is going strong.:)

Hope ye are well on the road til recovery soon...it's a brave and stupid bug that takes you on.;)

Lots of love til ye...as ever!

AK

floyed
08-Apr-08, 17:12
Hey Trix, sorry to here you are not feeling very well:~(

I dont have any remedie's im afraid, but i send e wee chile's and my love till you so hope at make's you feel a bit better:D

cuddlepop
08-Apr-08, 17:22
Oh Trix poor you but once again even when your ill you can still make me smile with your vivid discription and believe me its some sight in mines eye.:lol:

To get back to you getting better.
Bath,hot honey @ lemon with necessary meds and away to your bed with a hot water bottle strapped to your sore lug.
No better tomorrow then away to the docs as your lugs probably infected.

oh i just remembered about the alternative rememedy of candle waxing your lug......think that needs done by a pro.:eek:

get better soon.

karia
08-Apr-08, 17:26
oh i just remembered about the alternative rememedy of candle waxing your lug......think that needs done by a pro.

Da even think aboot at ane trix!:eek:

The Firebrigade have enough to do!;)

floyed
08-Apr-08, 17:35
Da even think aboot at ane trix!

The Firebrigade have enough to do!;)

Might make her feel better all at hunky firemen :lol:

trix
08-Apr-08, 17:40
cheers for yer sympathy guys....im all goonified, an ingand an garlict up.

its funny cuddles, only twa days ago i wis lookin at a leaflet for candlewaxin lugs an i thot, 'oh, 'at wid be greit 'at, id love til try 'at....'

should be careful fit i wish for eh, da ken fa mite be listenin :eek:

dis 'it hev til be special candles do ye think? i hev spell candles in 'e hoose but....aye yer probly rite, maybe better do it professionally.

'e last thing i need is 'e nice lookin fire manie turnin his hose on me - specially in iss state :lol:

karia
08-Apr-08, 17:44
i hev spell candles in 'e hoose but....aye yer probly rite, maybe better do it professionally.

The only 'spell' wid be the one in the Hospital...:roll:

...scheesht, mair uniforms!:lol:

trix
08-Apr-08, 17:45
Da even think aboot at ane trix!:eek:

The Firebrigade have enough to do!

aye, yer rite....as ayie, Ak....

Might make her feel better all at hunky firemen :lol:

but then floyed dis hev a point....!

Thumper
08-Apr-08, 17:49
I agree Trix......anything that wid make ye feel better ;) x

Margaret M.
08-Apr-08, 19:56
Aw, Trix, I hope you feel better. There's no one like your mom when you are sick. I had the ear candling done once before I flew since one ear bothers me a bit when I fly. It worked a charm -- now that you mention it I may do it again.

miranda
08-Apr-08, 20:16
awww trix ye no feelin any better!!!! poor you !!!!
but a word o warnin..dinnae ye come into work 2morro smelling o ingans and garlic!!!:lol:
if yer still no weel stay in yer bed dont know how we'll cope but im sure we will:lol:
x

trix
08-Apr-08, 21:03
aw, cheers miranda ;)

an i wis so lookin forward til seein ye aday too.....an gien ye cheek :Razz

cuddlepop
09-Apr-08, 08:25
Hope your feeling a bit better today.
If the pain in your ear travels to your sinuses eating grated radish is suppose to be very good.
If your very brave you can go first and then maybe I'll have a go.:lol:

trix
09-Apr-08, 14:22
hi cuddles an all ye sympathetics.....

i am feelin a wee bit better, iv ony got 'loogig' in ma left loog now an its no as bad as it wis - alot til be said for olive oil heated on a teaspoon ;)

im gona attempt til get ungoonified aday an hev a shower, maybe a bit o' hoosework....or maybe no....

got a message fie tenerife aday too - ma mammie says 'hope yer feelin better pet' - awww, shucks!

gleber, i choost couldna get 'e superglue til stick 'e garlic til ma toes wi'oot 'e risk o' gluein ma fing'rs tilgither - an at wid niver do.....:eek: