PDA

View Full Version : Organ Donation

mccaugm
07-Apr-08, 21:45
My husband received a leaflet with his DVLA documentation for Organ Donation.

I went to the website and signed up. Its very straightforward and very satisfying knowing that if the worst should happen that someone else will live after my death.

I urge you to follow suit but please make sure your next of kin know your wishes so that if will bring comfort if the situation arises.

https://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/

ashaw1
07-Apr-08, 22:11
My husband received a leaflet with his DVLA documentation for Organ Donation.

I went to the website and signed up. Its very straightforward and very satisfying knowing that if the worst should happen that someone else will live after my death.

I urge you to follow suit but please make sure your next of kin know your wishes so that if will bring comfort if the situation arises.

https://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/
I did that years ago when i first passed my driving test and i'm so glad i did. My husband for some strange reason doesn't want his organs donated and i knew if it was left to him he wouldn't offer mine. Funny thing is if the shoe was on the other foot ie: one of the kids needed a transplant i know he would expect them to receive one. Men!

Kevin Milkins
07-Apr-08, 23:11
Most of my bits don't work that well on me ,I would hate to burden someone else with them :lol:

mccaugm
07-Apr-08, 23:40
Most of my bits don't work that well on me ,I would hate to burden someone else with them :lol:

I am sure if they were viable they would be of use to someone. If its any consolation I don't want my corneas used, as they are useless to me so reckon they would be just as useless to a prospective recipient.

Oddquine
07-Apr-08, 23:52
I haven't got round to doing anything official......but both my offspring know that if any bit of me is of any use to anyone else, it is donated before I am burned.

balto
08-Apr-08, 07:35
i signed up for this years ago, at the end of the day what use are any of our organs to us when we leave this world, so if ssomeone else can benifit then why not.

Rie
08-Apr-08, 17:25
i signed up for organ donation as soon as i could , the form comes as standard with your driving licence aplication ,
I know at the ages of 10 and 7 my children are aware of the importance of organ donation, im also a bood and bone marrow donor.

sharon
08-Apr-08, 18:05
i signed up when i passed my test many years ago!! i think its a good way of getting more people signed up, as left to me to do i would never get around to it, as it would be on my never ending list of things to do!! :roll:
good job they not doing brain transplants, wouldn't wish my forgetful mind on anyone !! [lol]

cuddlepop
09-Apr-08, 13:24
Would signing up to this scheme reinforce your wishes as I already carry a donor card and everyones knows they can have whats of any use.:)

Fluff
09-Apr-08, 18:50
I am sure if they were viable they would be of use to someone. If its any consolation I don't want my corneas used, as they are useless to me so reckon they would be just as useless to a prospective recipient.

if someone was blind or had had a serious accident i am sure they would not mind! to be honest, of what i have seen of people who have had a corneal graft, the don't have that much vision out of that eye anyway.

Boozeburglar
09-Apr-08, 18:56
Anyone is welcome to use whichever of my organs they would like to use whilst I am still alive; but I want to go into my hole whole when the time comes.

:)

Fran
10-Apr-08, 04:19
It's great that you have all signed up to donate your organs. There have been some successful transplants in Caithness recently, but there are still 12 waiting.

Lucy
10-Apr-08, 08:28
been there done that. now i know that if anything happens to me the hospital knows what i want.

my mum has had really bad eyesight since childhood but still wants to donate her corneas. she feels that although they are not the best they are still better than being blind.