PDA

View Full Version : How long would you expect to wait?

Sapphire2803
07-Apr-08, 16:44
We bought a new dishwasher in September. At the beginning of February it broke down, the water was getting hot, but the dishwasher didn't seem to know it. At a guess I would say the temp sensor needed replacing.
We arranged for a repair under the guarantee and someone came to collect it a couple of days later. I haven't seen it since, has it eloped with the repair man? has it been kidnapped and the postie lost or misdelivered the ransom note? or am I just being impatient and unreasonable?

Answers on a postcard please...

EDDIE
07-Apr-08, 16:48
Get on the phone and annoy them constanlty or u will be waiting for ages dont take any crap of them lol.

footie chick
07-Apr-08, 16:48
I waited ages to get a repair done to my oven a month after I bought it. Eventually I got oven replaced under guarantee.
I don't think you're being impatient I would get onto them again.

angela5
07-Apr-08, 16:49
Hope it's not the same repair man who collected my tumble dryer in Sept 07.
I often wonder if i'll ever see it again.:confused

Sapphire2803
07-Apr-08, 16:57
The worst part (I think) is, I've now lost 2 months of guarantee. I bet they won't credit me that back. :(
I know which shop my dishwasher was taken to and I have taken to waving to it, whenever I'm in Thurso.

I really HATE washing up as well.

Margaret M.
07-Apr-08, 18:31
You are incredibly patient. I would have been on their doorstep a long time ago.

percy toboggan
07-Apr-08, 18:37
We had a dishwasher fitted two years ago when the kitchen was done.
About £7k in all. The Dishwasher leaked - twice - I still shudder when my wife puts it on....so dfar so good but using it very infrequently - about once a month or if we entertain.....I wash up normally ...if my wife has been working that day...only two of us thar knorrs.

I find this one more trouble than it's worth but Mrs t. swears by it and says i gets the glasses and plates much cleaner than I do. Harrummph !

It's a Baumatic ! ...should have gone for Bosch...ship possibly spoilt for a ha'peth of tar.

garrioch
07-Apr-08, 18:38
your garentee is renewed from the date it is delivered and reinstalled after the repair or replacement for another year, theres a little something shops and companies don't like you knowing

ciderally
07-Apr-08, 19:21
get on the phone...and start complaining...threaten them with head office...its the only way these days

Sapphire2803
07-Apr-08, 23:12
You are incredibly patient. I would have been on their doorstep a long time ago.

Not really... My husband doesn't want to rock the boat in case it makes things worse. :roll:

get on the phone...and start complaining...threaten them with head office...its the only way these days
There is no head office, it's a small local business and from what I can tell, contacting the manufacturer of the machine won't make a difference either way. :(

trix
07-Apr-08, 23:34
Not really... My husband doesn't want to rock the boat in case it makes things worse. :roll:

hi sapphire...i hope yer makin hubby do 'e dishes until it gets sorted oot....maybe it will gie him some initiative til speed up 'e repair process ;)

Sapphire2803
07-Apr-08, 23:38
hi sapphire...i hope yer makin hubby do 'e dishes until it gets sorted oot....maybe it will gie him some initiative til speed up 'e repair process ;)

The only way I've found to make him do it is to leave it, when everything is dirty and piled around the kitchen teetering back and forth, he will go and do some washing up. I then need cotton wool for my ears, so I can't hear him huffing loudly and muttering while he's at it. :roll:

Disclaimer.. Mr Sapphire, if you're reading this, it wasn't Sapphire that posted, it was me... Pyewacket the cat. Mwahahahah