PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For Nothing Gordon

brokencross
07-Apr-08, 08:53
Even now as Prime Minister, Gordon Brown's taxing time as Chancellor is still haunting us; from this month he is hitting the low earners right where it hurts, in the pocket.

In a previous budget he announced he was going to lower the basic income tax rate from 22% to 20%, (whoopee you might think) BUT to pay for this "generosity" he has also removed the 10% starting rate of income tax. (Sneaky way to do things, announce it but not introduce it for a while so hoping the furore will have died down) So from now on all low earners will be paying more tax.

So unless you can boost your income with working tax credits you are going to be worse off.

This is from the man that wants to reduce poverty in Britain! He is making the poor poorer.

This at a time when petrol, gas, electricity, water and food prices are on a rapid increase.
SHAME ON YOU MR BROWN, you told us the economy was safe in New Labour's hands. You can't blame the credit crunch or the global economic situation for this. This is homegrown daylight robbery.

bekisman
07-Apr-08, 09:11
As it's a less wages for the lower income bracket, will encourage migrant workers; maybe that's what he intended, the bloke really does not have a clue..

ciderally
07-Apr-08, 10:18
Labour is no longer for the working man.....unless your earning above 50,000 a year

Penelope Pitstop
07-Apr-08, 10:33
Labour is no longer for the working man.....unless your earning above 50,000 a year

Aye...and there ain't many working class earning that....unless I'm doing something wrong!

ciderally
07-Apr-08, 10:46
Aye...and there ain't many working class earning that....unless I'm doing something wrong!
yep and whats more..the poor people have been voting labour for 50 years and they are still poor...?

the nomad
07-Apr-08, 13:24
It's not just the lower incomes that will suffer the NI rate is changing and this will hit the higher earners.

I have a great deal of sympathy with those getting hit, however, why are you complaining now? Everyone knew this was coming. It's on all the radio channels this pm but again it's too late to complain now.

I don't really support current Labour thinking but take a look at the rest, what hope do the tax payers have with a bunch of politicians who award themselves wage rises above inflation and swindle every benefit that is available.

Boozeburglar
07-Apr-08, 13:32
Things were so much better in the eighties, when Thatch closed all the mines and broke the back of the unions, imposing a benefit culture on vast swathes of the British working class, leaving them high and dry for solutions.

EDDIE
07-Apr-08, 16:50
well i hope everyone thanks gordon properly in the next elections with ure votes lol

Tristan
07-Apr-08, 18:21
I was going to post this in a new thread but this seems like a good place

http://www.listentotaxman.com/

The site lets you see what you would have paid in taxes for a chosen income over the past few years and provides your net income among other things.