PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Auld Orgers Thread

Boozeburglar
07-Apr-08, 04:01
C'mon, what really winds ye up about the so called modern and fancy world?

What offends yer croft sensibilities?

I am gonna start by sayin I cannot be Oprah Winfried with Charideeeee collections at checkouts with collection tins and bad packing.

Look, if you want to pack my shopping for a contribution, (incidentally a free service anyway, (courtesy of all the profit your shop is making from screwing my farmer friends), if your assistant deems to mention it), learn how to do it!

We have come far; longer than the average soap opera. You must pack all the frozen stuff on their own; that goes on the roof rack.

Now why would you be putting that birthday card I spent a fiver on for the 'magic tunes' amongst the partial dolphin guaranteed tuna tins? It will be bent and making no noise by the time I get home.

So, all said, take what I want to give you for yer charideee, nought usually, but leave my shopping alone.

:)

Metalattakk
07-Apr-08, 04:32
If it bothers ye that much, pay them a quid to NOT pack your bags, and do it yourself.

Jebus H. Corbett! Rocket science it is not. :roll:

C'mon, what really winds ye up about the so called modern and fancy world?Pointless rants against insignificant, easily avoided situations. And the lack of white dog poo these days. ;)

Boozeburglar
07-Apr-08, 04:40
Well I kind of thought this thread would be a blank canvas wide enough for even the most broad brush strokes; thus as pointless as the responses made.

Listening to Black Napkins, why take him God?, that irks me grand style.

Errogie
07-Apr-08, 09:10
I don't believe that building a bridge/causeway across the Berriedale braes or any of the other big road improvements planned for umpteen million pounds is going to make one whit of difference to the Caithness economy and will just devalue what should be the awful and awe inspiring experience of crossing the Ord.

And another thing, better roads allow the native population to escape too easily to fleshpots like Inverness. How's that for a grump on a day when driving snow is keeping me housebound and having to attend to bills, letters and the rest with the only escape being a dabble in the Org!

chaz
07-Apr-08, 11:50
What really winds me up is the way people judge single parents the same way, in the past iv been told as im a single parent its expected that my kids are trouble,they are fed rubbish, and basicaly im a crap parent.
Where as they are fed only fresh homemade food, are all nice kids, with manners.And i hate the oh your a single parent with that look some people give you.
But thats what really gets me going, we are not all the same, just as couples are not all the same.
Oh and the fact i have an autistic son, even been suggested thats because im on my own now[evil]

lynne duncan
07-Apr-08, 12:15
when you realise that you are skint and something else breaks down- (heating has just packed in)

having to embarrass councils or other organisations to actually make them see what every normal person can see needs to be done and for them to get their fingers out and get it done ( like knowing we need a new high school but knowing that a long fight will ensue until we get it)

Tighsonas4
07-Apr-08, 12:16
SINGLE PARENT
am not actually involved in this myself but have it in the family and as far as ive seen most of the flax comes from the opposition. they can be more trouble than the public at large. one thing it gets them nowhere unless you let it no one of us knows whats round the corner
great believer in keeping my own doorstep clean regards tony

justine
07-Apr-08, 12:37
the ignorance of people, the dishonesty, and the judgmental attitudes of the so called community...life has changed for the worse and i dont think that it will ever be the same again regardless of what we teach our children...Politeness is a joke these days amongst people, not just the young...Modern society does not bother me but the attitude to others puts me off wanting to be here...Respect..gone and never to come back....
apart from these few thing life is fine.

Boozeburglar
07-Apr-08, 13:25
I don't believe that building a bridge/causeway across the Berriedale braes or any of the other big road improvements planned for umpteen million pounds is going to make one whit of difference to the Caithness economy and will just devalue what should be the awful and awe inspiring experience of crossing the Ord.

Agree 100%, and for those who will always argue for such intrusive 'improvements' on the basis of road safety, I don't think the changes so far have done much but speed cars up, and they could have imposed a 40 limit and put speed cameras up instead, for a couple of 100,000 instead of gazillions.

Thumper
07-Apr-08, 13:50
What really winds me up is the way people judge single parents the same way, in the past iv been told as im a single parent its expected that my kids are trouble,they are fed rubbish, and basicaly im a crap parent.
Where as they are fed only fresh homemade food, are all nice kids, with manners.And i hate the oh your a single parent with that look some people give you.
But thats what really gets me going, we are not all the same, just as couples are not all the same.
Oh and the fact i have an autistic son, even been suggested thats because im on my own now

I know exactly how you feel....since my hubby did a runner my kids get the blame for anything and everything that happens in our street because they dont have a Dad....its pathetic and totally untrue!I even had one parent turn round and say to my son "oh yeah thats right you dont have a Dad do you" [evil] When my kids misbehave they are punished for it but I will not allow people to make my kids take the blame for something they haven't done just because I am on my own :roll: x

gemma89
07-Apr-08, 13:55
I hate it when somebody speaks to u one day.... then they walk past you the next!!

jings00
07-Apr-08, 15:06
i hate the imcompetence of staff/procedures for services that you pay for or get for free.
they should do what they say on the tin. folk are paid for doin a job, blimmin do the job they are paid for.
seems to be now not many take pride in their work and doin a job well.
i hate the way the news has become more tabloidy, just gimme the facts, i can make ma own mind up.
man, i could go on.

Sapphire2803
07-Apr-08, 15:38
I hate the fact that you need a pair of scissors to get your new scissors out of the pack.
I hate that things always break down just after the warranty runs out.
It bothers me when people put the loo roll on the holder back to front (no idea why)

My pet hate at the mo....

People who pull out of a side road in front of you and then proceed to do 20mph, causing you to slam the anchors on as you were doing 60 when they pulled out. I'm the one you'll hear shouting out the car window 'Yeah, cheers for that, I've been meaning to test the brakes all week!!'
:D

Sapphire2803
07-Apr-08, 15:43
Phoning a company and having to tap in my account number, d.o.b etc so that they can put me through to the right dept. I eventually get to speak to a real live person who straightaway asks for my account number, d.o.b etc...

I've done that!! What is the point??!

badger
07-Apr-08, 16:11
Looked at this and thought - yes !!! I'm always grumping about something (love the tv programme) and then couldn't think of anything to grump about until I saw this http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/property.php?id=1113

Now I know property prices in Scotland are good but, that good ? Which reminded me that one thing which regularly annoys me is the sloppiness of local estate agents (with one exception). Why do they never check their entries on websites? Can't they be bothered? What does it take to add something and then just look and make sure it's right? Grrrrrr.

Ricco
07-Apr-08, 17:30
The numpty in front who signals right, slows down and pulls over to the right...... and then turns left right across yer bow!

In this modern world? All the prats who go round 'OK, Ya'ing into the very latest phones just to show that they have the latest. What was wrong with the old one? Oh! They couldn't use all the gizmos it had either. :mad:

balto
07-Apr-08, 18:32
I hate it when somebody speaks to u one day.... then they walk past you the next!!OMG that is so annoying, or the ones who speak to you if they think they can get a bit of gossip from you, if you want to interfer in someones life then please dont use me as a middleman. Oh and people who like to talk about their favourite subject themselves, me me me me me me me , just get over yourself the world doesnt revolve around you!!!!!!!!!!!!! also people who fall out with you for the stupid little things that dont really matter life is to short. Also people on mobile phones when i am serving them at work How rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!![evil][evil]

percy toboggan
07-Apr-08, 18:48
I hate it when somebody speaks to u one day.... then they walk past you the next!!

Four colleagues rabbiting as I arrived at work t'other day totally ignored my 'good morning'.....jumped back at 'em with a short string of expletives I'm afraid. Does it make me a bad person?

S'funny but two of 'em have been first to greet me ever since!
one is a no mark, and the other can pleeze 'imself to be honest.

northener
07-Apr-08, 22:05
Everything annoys me, everything.

Grrrrrr.........

karia
07-Apr-08, 22:11
Four colleagues rabbiting as I arrived at work t'other day totally ignored my 'good morning'.....jumped back at 'em with a short string of expletives I'm afraid. Does it make me a bad person?

One is a 'no mark' in your opinion..so why greet him falsley?

Two have been scared by your (frankly odd ) behaviour into muttering 'nicities' as they roll their eyes' aaaaaah!:roll:

"jumped back at 'em with a short string of expletives":confused

That just leaves mr please himself...think he's got you sussed as much as you have him don't you?

karia
07-Apr-08, 22:13
Everything annoys me, everything.

Grrrrrr.........

Tickle on e tum?;)

the second coming
07-Apr-08, 22:21
A few to warm up on

Pointless threads that dilute a very good forum
Armchair opinionists'
Faceless cowards
Litter
Coldplay
Corona with no lime
Politicians, in general
People who and try and justify a life, living off the state
Elton John
Patronising people
Racists
probably most of all....LAZINESS.I could go on.

TBH
07-Apr-08, 22:21
Tickle on e tum?;)Was worth watching for the great Ralph McTell.:D

karia
07-Apr-08, 22:33
Was worth watching for the great Ralph McTell.:D

'Let me tak e by e hand and lead you through e streets o' Thursa..........

...I'll show e something tae make ye change yer mind..'

.....an run back til Wick!:Razz

Boozeburglar
07-Apr-08, 23:32

I totally go along with you on this one.

It is common courtesy; your assessment is off the mark Karia. Not like you, I would add.

I was going through the tills the other day in Tesco, and the young guy made every effort to avoid acknowledging me in any way shape or form.

If you take a job on the tills at Tesco, be prepared to fake some interest at least.

I just said, "Are you insert expletive here -ing mute?".

He was taken aback somewhat.

northener
08-Apr-08, 08:53
As well as absolutely everything annoying me, add:

People who do not understand what common courtesy is.

Unpunctuality.

Armchair experts (apart from me).

Most of the drivers in Caithness.

Most of the pedestrians in Caithness.

Lazy (expletives deleted) who park in disabled bays.

Drivers who wear baseball caps.

Girls who walk round with their flabby gut hanging out over jeans a size too small (how'd yer like it if I did that?).

Spoilt children (usually accompanied by neurotic witless parent).

People who are concerned for the wildlife in Britain and keep a bloody cat.

Anyone who drops litter.

Those on the .Org who cannot tell the difference between different opinion and squabbling.

The git who nicked the tool roll off my Suzi GSX250 back in 1981...I'll get you yet.

weeboyagee
08-Apr-08, 13:17
Those on the .Org who cannot tell the difference between different opinion and squabbling.
Yeheahhhhhhhh!!!! I'll second, third and fourth that - right,...off to post on the Billingual signs thread!!!

Nah - ye know am only chokin'!!

Someone smoking while you eat - that cheeses me off

WBG :cool:

Angela
08-Apr-08, 13:47
Phoning a helpline number, finally getting a human being, then being passed around several departments, with nobody knowing having a clue how to solve the problem. Then the fourth or fifth person who can't help asks "is there anything else I can help you with?" Well, as they haven't sorted out the one thing you wanted, you say no, there's nothing else, they say "no probs!" you think "yes there are!"...then of course they suggest you "enjoy your day!" Fat chance. :roll:

Then there are the shop assistants who carry on merrily chatting to their colleagues while oh so half heartedly serving you/taking your money, or else carrying on a long and deeply personal conversation with the customer just ahead of you in the queue, who is clearly their closest pal.

And then we have roadworks...don't we just! Here we have even more than usual -we're told about the major ones caused by preparing for the trams in advance, but so many others spring up with no warning whatsover and then are just as speedily abandoned, leaving a giant hole in the road and causing traffic problems -only a few metres up the street from the last roadwork -the one that was only finally finished a couple of weeks ago....![evil]