PDA

View Full Version : Summer Job

matt14
06-Apr-08, 20:58
Just wondering If anyone knows if there are any jobs going in the summer for students or even what places take on students over the summer? The Groat's not looking hopefull so far!

Cheers

ciderally
06-Apr-08, 21:28
welcome to the org...dont know about jobs but good luck..

dandod
06-Apr-08, 21:32
sent you a private message.

mccaugm
06-Apr-08, 22:31
My son is also looking for a job but hes only 14 and finding it a struggle. Any suggestions...(sorry to the moderators if this is not allowed.) He has looked on the Org and locally but nothing so far.

Whitewater
06-Apr-08, 22:33
Try Dounreay and it's associated contractors, many of them take on students for some extra help. Can't help more than that myself as I have been retired for a few years now, but no harm done in sending in application forms to as many places as you can.

matt14
06-Apr-08, 23:17
To get a job with Dounreay or even the contractors ... do you have to be studying a relevant degree such as Engineering? Cheers for the replys

david
07-Apr-08, 10:35
[quote=matt14;370187]Just wondering If anyone knows if there are any jobs going in the summer for students or even what places take on students over the summer? The Groat's not looking hopefull so far!

Hi, I am looking for someone to help reslate my roof over the summer. This would be on a "when required basis". Someone to help sort out the slate (drill, cut etc ) and pass up to me on the roof. Must be reliable and hard working. Tel 01847831304

angela5
07-Apr-08, 14:10
Lots of students work in hotels over the summer, might be worth trying one.

dirdyweeker
07-Apr-08, 17:07
14 year olds are taken on as paper boys, some hotels and local shops will take them that young too but other shops insist on 16 years young. Good luck with your search

floyed
07-Apr-08, 17:20
hi there welcome to the org, not to sure about jobs tho:D

david
11-Apr-08, 21:10
[quote=matt14;370187]Just wondering If anyone knows if there are any jobs going in the summer for students or even what places take on students over the summer? The Groat's not looking hopefull so far!

Hi, I am looking for someone to help reslate my roof over the summer. This would be on a "when required basis". Someone to help sort out the slate (drill, cut etc ) and pass up to me on the roof. Must be reliable and hard working. Tel 01847831304

Thanks for phoning William. Shows you are willing to work. First call I have had despite all those hard up students.I will phone in the next week or so when I have the slate delivered. Please be aware you might at times have to work away on your own at times as I may be busy on other things.

Kind Regards David

TBH
11-Apr-08, 22:32
[quote=david;370386]

Thanks for phoning William. Shows you are willing to work. First call I have had despite all those hard up students.I will phone in the next week or so when I have the slate delivered. Please be aware you might at times have to work away on your own at times as I may be busy on other things.

Kind Regards DavidExcellent David, even with all your own problems being shafted by the government you are still helping a youngster amke a start in life, well done.

rfr10
11-Apr-08, 23:39
How old are you?

I don't know if the 14 after your name is any indication of your age but when I was 14, I found it very difficult to find a part time job and after searching around Wick, I would the only place employing 14 year olds is the edinburgh woolen mill. The paper shop in Dempster Street were looking for paper boys but I'm unsure if they still are but might be worth a try. (That is if you live in Wick) Is it Wick you live? The best thing to do is to try going round a few shops and asking. It's very difficult to find a part time job at 14 unless it's a paper boy plus you will need a work permit from your local Education service point.

david
12-Apr-08, 10:47
[quote=david;372236]Excellent David, even with all your own problems being shafted by the government you are still helping a youngster amke a start in life, well done.

Thanks TBH. Couldn't find anyone local in Halkirk to help despite there being some unemployment in the village, hence my post on the org.

Regards David

slinky
12-Apr-08, 17:21
for students good old shore work for them never hurt me ,get them down for a bag of winkles lol :) harder u work more money u earn cant ask for more than that ,money just lying there waiting to be made.:lol:

dessie
12-Apr-08, 17:34
ARGOS. are always looking for part time staff...and that includes student.s

angela5
12-Apr-08, 17:35
for students good old shore work for them never hurt me ,get them down for a bag of winkles lol :) harder u work more money u earn cant ask for more than that ,money just lying there waiting to be made.

Take it you had one day off a fornight then slinky. :roll:

sweetpea
12-Apr-08, 19:50
[quote=david;370386]

Kind Regards David

Hey David, I've PM'D YOU