PDA

View Full Version : Just having a rant

dellwak
06-Apr-08, 19:29
I was just having a chat with a friend of ours on the phone when I heard a ting-a-ling-a-ling from her end. She immediately said “Got to go now, someone is ringing me”. Before I could say “Yes, its me”, she hung up.
Doesn’t that sort of thing annoy you?
And here’s another thing.
Just imagine, right? that you have got to make a complaint, right? or are after some info from someone in a shop or office, right?
So you get yourself all ready. Drive down to this shop/office. Stand in queue behind other like minded persons. Then , when you get to the person who you want to talk to and are half way through explaining what it is you want – their phone rings.
AND THEY ANSWER IT.
So after a brief conversation, they turn to you and say “Just a minute, I have to deal with this person first”.
I have taken the trouble to come down here and talk to you face to face as is normal in human communication.
AND I WAS HERE FIRST.
Why should I have to wait while this shop person / office waller deals with some snark who was too idle to get off his rear end and come down to see them personally? [evil]

Sorry for shouting but, I just had to get that off my chest.

Did everyone else have a nice day?

karia
06-Apr-08, 19:41
Totally agree!

Real live people you can see.......before anyone on the phone.

Don't they realise that phones can't punch them??:eek:

........With the exception of those wielded by Naomi Campbell obviously!:roll:

badger
06-Apr-08, 19:48
It's about manners, common courtesy - something many people never seem to have heard of. Not much you can do about someone putting the phone down on you but I don't think I could stand and wait while someone answered the phone in front of me. Excuse me, we were talking, do you mind [disgust]

MadPict
06-Apr-08, 19:59
Why should I have to wait while this shop person / office waller deals with some snark who was too idle to get off his rear end and come down to see them personally?

Maybe next time you should phone your complaint in?.....

Kevin Milkins
06-Apr-08, 20:00
I used to scream and rant a lot at people when things were not going exactly according to plan.
Then I moved Wick.
Nae bother

dellwak
06-Apr-08, 20:07
Maybe next time you should phone your complaint in?.....
This is what I do now.
The answer I often get is:
"I am afraid this is something we can't really deal with over the phone. Could you come down to the office please?"
Can't win eh!!! :~(

karia
06-Apr-08, 20:08
It's about manners, common courtesy - something many people never seem to have heard of. Not much you can do about someone putting the phone down on you but I don't think I could stand and wait while someone answered the phone in front of me. Excuse me, we were talking, do you mind [disgust]

Perfect example just came in..was talking about some important stuff with OH

his phone rang....

It got answered, conversation ditched.[evil]

balto
06-Apr-08, 20:30
Do you know what really bugs the living daylights out of me, I work in a well known shop in thurso, and a customer comes up to you wanting served, to which you are nice and polite like you would expect us to be, only for the customers phone to ring and they total blank you only to speak on their phone, even when you give them their change and recipt they dont even so much as smile to say thankyou, the ignorance of it all just really annoys me.

Fluff
06-Apr-08, 20:36
I had to go to the see the doctor on Thursday. Managed to get an appointment for the same day, 10:10. Arrived a little early and waited patiently. I eventually got to see her at 11:05!
then when i was in the room, twice the phone rang and once the door was knocked.
I have to admit I was slightly irked, mostly because i was seeing her for quite a serious issue. She was very nice and worth the wait to be honest but i still think it was wrong!

sassylass
06-Apr-08, 20:37
There's no doubt phone etiquette is askew. Sometimes when I'm busy I choose not to answer my phone and often get an earful later because folks couldn't reach me the instant they wanted to do so! Drives me wild. [evil]

dirdyweeker
06-Apr-08, 20:48
Do you know what really bugs the living daylights out of me, I work in a well known shop in thurso, and a customer comes up to you wanting served, to which you are nice and polite like you would expect us to be, only for the customers phone to ring and they total blank you only to speak on their phone, even when you give them their change and recipt they dont even so much as smile to say thankyou, the ignorance of it all just really annoys me.

I do not work in a shop but have seen this example happen. It really annoys me, I think it is SO rude. If it were me serving, I would stand and wait for them to get off the phone. No doubt an annoyed queue would then build up and perhaps the person using the phone would take a hint.

balto
06-Apr-08, 20:51
I do not work in a shop but have seen this example happen. It really annoys me, I think it is SO rude. If it were me serving, I would stand and wait for them to get off the phone. No doubt an annoyed queue would then build up and perhaps the person using the phone would take a hint.
aye, totally agree with you now if it was us that was standing yapping on the phone then sure they would be quick enough to have a go at us.

Boozeburglar
07-Apr-08, 03:49
Roll on the Grumpy Auld Orgers Thread

:)

lady penelope
07-Apr-08, 15:55
I quite agree with you dellwak. When I started in my job the phone was easy to get to from the shop counter, so staff would just answer it while serving. I moved the phone. They soon learned the customer always comes first, before phones and chatting, good customer service is very important.

Hibeechick
07-Apr-08, 16:10
I dont answer the phone when there are customers in the shop. I work on my own and im sorry that the person calling cant be answered straight away or that I miss their call, but the person in the shop takes priority.

Oh and yes..there is nothing worse that serving a customer only for them to answer their phone in the middle of it. If my phone rings when im in a shop, I ask them if I can call them back or just hang up depending on who it is.