PDA

View Full Version : USA passport photo

teddybear1873
06-Apr-08, 16:03
Does anyone know where you can get USA passport photos in Thurso or WicK? The size has to be 2" x 2" not 4.5 x 3.5cm which is for UK passports? The DIY ones you get in Tescos, CO-OP etc only do UK sizes.

Thanks

NickInTheNorth
06-Apr-08, 16:10
take it with a digital camera and then get it printed out anywhere that does digital photo printing

teddybear1873
06-Apr-08, 16:12
take it with a digital camera and then get it printed out anywhere that does digital photo printing

Photo has to be done spot on Nick. Id rather get it done properly as US immigration are strict on getting it done right.

karia
06-Apr-08, 16:14

And remember not to smile!

I think that might be a tall order for you at present.;)

teddybear1873
06-Apr-08, 16:16
And remember not to smile!

I think that might be a tall order for you at present.;)

Haha. Thank god, i dont like smiling when my photo is taking anyway.

NickInTheNorth
06-Apr-08, 16:16
As above but get these folks to print them:

https://www.paspic.com

hammers
06-Apr-08, 16:18
Why dont you try Robert Macdonald.Back bridge street above the second hand shop.

ciderally
06-Apr-08, 17:14
your right be carefull ..when i was at the us embassy in london getting mine i had the normal 4 with me and they sent me round to a particular photographer's to get them redone

Big G
06-Apr-08, 17:53
Can the chemist photo lab in Thurso not do them for you? I know they do UK passport pictures and i'm sure if you ask they'll do USA ones?

teddybear1873
06-Apr-08, 18:21
Can the chemist photo lab in Thurso not do them for you? I know they do UK passport pictures and i'm sure if you ask they'll do USA ones?

I will give them a phone tomorrow Big G. Cheers for that.

Tristan
06-Apr-08, 23:20
Any professional photographer should be able to adjust the sizes to what you need.
I would double check with the US embassy to get the exact requirements. I know Canada has stricter rules for passports renewed outside of Canada than within. With the US tightening up its borders even more there may be extra requirements or safeguards you have to go through for the photos and the application to be accepted.

cullbucket
06-Apr-08, 23:54
I did it myself last time, just got someone to take a picture then messed around using trial and error printing it out on normal paper until I got it the way I wanted. Then I put the photo paper in the printer and printed it out, was accepted no bother. All you need is a camera, PC, printer, scissors and a ruler.

Tristan
07-Apr-08, 00:09
Please check with the US embassy. They are very clear that photo-booth and home printed photographs are unacceptable. As I said before any photographer should be able to do it for you.

From the US Embassy site:

# Two identical passport photographs: The Embassy will reject any photographs that do not meet the specified requirements. Vending machine photographs and photographs printed on a home computer are unacceptable;

Passport PhotoGRAPHS

U.S. passport photo requirements do differ from British and European photo requirements. Because of the way the photos are digitized, we are unable to accept any photos that do not meet these specifications.

Please furnish two photographs that are:

* identical, taken within the last six months, and a good likeness;
* 2" x 2" (50mm x 50mm) square with at least 1/2" space between the top of the head and the top edge of the photograph;
* printed on high quality photographic paper;
* untrimmed;
* on white or off-white background;
* printed in full color (black and white NOT accepted), showing the subject clearly in focus with no pixilation.

The applicant must face the camera directly. The head must not be turned and must be centered in the frame. The head from chin to top of head should measure between 1" (25mm) to 1 3/8" (35mm). Head coverings are acceptable only for religious reasons; the applicant's face must be completely exposed.

Provided the photographs meet the specified requirements for American passports as listed above, any photographer may take them. The Embassy cannot recommend any specific photographer, or assume any responsibility for their efficiency, integrity, or reliability. Fees and the service provided are a matter solely between you and photogrtographer selected.

dirdyweeker
07-Apr-08, 01:18
Janet MacDonald the photographer in Wick will do passport photos to whatever size is required. No hassle, just show your face!