PDA

View Full Version : Do ye ken anyone that

willowbankbear
15-Nov-05, 16:08
My mate was telling me that her remote control for her sky has packed in, So are ther any posters in the WICK area that can help us. She`s a single mam with a disabled child and the cartoons calm the boy down a bit& give her some respite. So if ye ken any1 thats thrown oot their sky but kept there remote,please help us or Email me . Thanks guys:)

wicker
15-Nov-05, 17:23
You can buy sky remotes from any electrical place even woolies does it i think if not argos def do

willowbankbear
15-Nov-05, 17:44
You can buy sky remotes from any electrical place even woolies does it i think if not argos def do She wants it for Free !!! Im just passing on a message:D What do ye think the chances are?

Moonboots
15-Nov-05, 19:24
The chances are probably quite slim. Is the control actually broken or is it just not working.
I would say that if this person is in need of a remote control quick then the only way is to buy one as remote controls are easily broken.

Keep asking but there is no point in shouting about it and that would get you nowhere.

regalkings
15-Nov-05, 19:47
tell her to phone sky and try to get a free one from them, no harm in trying

willowbankbear
16-Nov-05, 17:45
I wasnt shouting moonboots, that wont get you places , thanks regalkings , Isaw her downtown today& she asked again, I did try , youve all seen it:p

Rheghead
16-Nov-05, 18:46
Quite often the remote just needs resetting. If the remote still controls sky but cannot change the settings on the TV then it is possible to fix the remote by following a simple set of instructions. This problem occurs if the batteries get dislodged or if the batteries are removed for more than 10 minutes.

phoenix
16-Nov-05, 19:12
Willowbankbear I have a feeling that we may have one somewhere............possibly in the shed, but as thats not my domain:} Ill have to wait until "the Boss" comes home later on and Ill ask him............if there is one, you can have it...........Ill get back to you later on!

porshiepoo
16-Nov-05, 20:30
I actually have a brand new somewhere. I bought it but then found my own so kept it just in case. I'm not sure where it is so first thing tommorrow I'll have a look and if I can find it , you're welcome to it. :)

willowbankbear
16-Nov-05, 21:58
:D Thankyou pheonix & porshiepoo, youre stars my dears:D Its no use putting new batteries in , Thats been tried already guys

phoenix
16-Nov-05, 22:29
Found it Willowbankbear! How do I get it to you? PM me if you will and well try and arrange something!

phoenix
16-Nov-05, 23:10
Sorry Willowbankbear I only thought it was a Sky one..........its not!

scorrie
17-Nov-05, 13:36
General advice for anything involving Sky is to plead poverty and say you are having to cancel your subscription because something is missing/broken etc

Our dish blew off in last weeks winds and I was told the call out charge would be £65.00, I told the guy to cancel my subscription and that charge instantly dropped to £32.50, one more prompt about cancelling and a word with his supervisor and I was booked in for a service call for the grand old price of £0.00

angela5
17-Nov-05, 13:41
General advice for anything involving Sky is to plead poverty and say you are having to cancel your subscription because something is missing/broken etc

Our dish blew off in last weeks winds and I was told the call out charge would be £65.00, I told the guy to cancel my subscription and that charge instantly dropped to £32.50, one more prompt about cancelling and a word with his supervisor and I was booked in for a service call for the grand old price of £0.00
exactly scorrie, tell them your remote has packed in, explain you are unable to afford a new one so you would like to cancel. they will have a remote out to you faster than the speed of light!!

The Angel Of Death
17-Nov-05, 14:41
Got a spare sky digital remote at home if your still looking for one

Let me know

wicker
17-Nov-05, 15:05
does anyone have a problem with their sky that the picture freezes and jumps etc. Is this a problem with the dish or the box

golach
17-Nov-05, 15:24
Its usually the box, have you got a maintainance contract with sky call them if not is usually about £80 for them to call

wicker
17-Nov-05, 15:27
maintainance contract??

So im best to try and find a second hand box then

zagor
17-Nov-05, 15:30
Yeah my sky keeps freezing and the only way to get it to work again is to switch it off. Usually happens everytime i change channel which is real annoying.
Any ideas?????

golach
17-Nov-05, 15:34
Yeah my sky keeps freezing and the only way to get it to work again is to switch it off. Usually happens everytime i change channel which is real annoying.
Any ideas?????

switch the sky box off, unplug it, remove the viewing card, leave for 1 minute, then replug, clean the chip on the card with a dry soft cloth, restart sky box then await the instructions to insert the card. Hopefully this will work it does for me

zagor
17-Nov-05, 15:36
thanks for that> i will give that a go when i get home.

wicker
17-Nov-05, 15:39
I do try switching it off but not tried all that but will eh night, pain in the ass paying over £30 a month for god knows how many channels and i cant get half of them cos of the freezing grrr

pedromcgrory
17-Nov-05, 16:04
i have a box if your intreasted

wicker
17-Nov-05, 16:20
Does it jump and freeze?
Is it a black one or a silver one cos thats very important you know lol

pedromcgrory
17-Nov-05, 16:23
black no it dosent jump

wicker
17-Nov-05, 16:28
Ok how much?

pedromcgrory
17-Nov-05, 16:32
25 pound its yours

zagor
17-Nov-05, 19:14
Oh well tried that going to have to give those sky people a call no luck.

scorrie
17-Nov-05, 22:59
maintainance contract??

So im best to try and find a second hand box then

NO, as I posted earlier, you phone Sky and tell them you are cancelling because the box is not performing correctly. Believe me, you WILL get it sorted for free. Alternatively, you ignore my advice, as a friend of mine did, and get a bill for over £80 instead.

twee dledum
17-Nov-05, 23:07
Your right Scorrie. I had the same problems as Wicker and phoned Sky to cancel. I got a new dish, A box and a £40 voucher.

The Angel Of Death
18-Nov-05, 00:38
On top of that if you phone up to cancel tell they you want sky plus but its to expensive etc they will give it to you for £50 inc install

Fran
18-Nov-05, 00:55
what a pity i just sold mine for £2 in a car boot sale.

willowbankbear
18-Nov-05, 20:23
Got a spare sky digital remote at home if your still looking for one

Let me know Thanks for your help mate, and every1 who tried, much appreciated by the Bear :D

porshiepoo
18-Nov-05, 22:28
Sorry willowbankbear, I've looked and looked but can't find the dratted thing!

It's probably still packed somewhere and I just can't find it. It's a shame cos it's brand new one too.
I'll keep looking though!

lizzie
19-Nov-05, 10:49
my daughter broke my sky remote this morning, she has lost the select button
i will be phoning sky for a new one free, as i have sky maintanence it costs £7.50 a quarter, small price for when something goes wrong.

scorrie
19-Nov-05, 13:29
my daughter broke my sky remote this morning, she has lost the select button
i will be phoning sky for a new one free, as i have sky maintanence it costs £7.50 a quarter, small price for when something goes wrong.

Err, not as good as free though!!

"Extended Warranty, how can I lose!!"

Homer Simpson, after having crayon re-inserted into his brain.

lizzie
19-Nov-05, 13:37
Err, not as good as free though!!

"Extended Warranty, how can I lose!!"

Homer Simpson, after having crayon re-inserted into his brain.

Did you get your extented warrant free?

The Angel Of Death
19-Nov-05, 23:28
How did the remote i gave work was it alright ???

girnigoe
19-Nov-05, 23:37
On top of that if you phone up to cancel tell they you want sky plus but its to expensive etc they will give it to you for £50 inc install

Isnt that just for new customers only?? I tried the other week but was told it was going to be £199 as Im an existing sky customer!! It isnt fair! I have been with them for 11 years now - Youd think they would reward their loyal customers.

twee dledum
19-Nov-05, 23:40
Isnt that just for new customers only?? I tried the other week but was told it was going to be £199 as Im an existing sky customer!! It isnt fair! I have been with them for 11 years now - Youd think they would reward their loyal customers.Aye , that seems a bit unfair. If I were you id stick to my guns and go ahead with the cancellation. Im pretty sure they will offer you something before the actal cancellation day!

The Angel Of Death
20-Nov-05, 11:35
Aye , that seems a bit unfair. If I were you id stick to my guns and go ahead with the cancellation. Im pretty sure they will offer you something before the actal cancellation day!

exactally thats the way to do it some people do it every so ofter but another one is say you aint got a job and cant afford the packages ets (put the poor me on) and sometimes they give you a discount on the packages i know my uncle got 3 months half price sky even after they cancle it if you want to ring up a week or so later on and enable it again

willowbankbear
21-Nov-05, 11:18
How did the remote i gave work was it alright ???
It works fine i believe,she wiz a happy wifie. Thanks man, I ken who ye are now . Crap day Saturday, mmmmmmcccccleish GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Angel Of Death
21-Nov-05, 14:31
No problems glad to be of assistance