PDA

View Full Version : Charlton Heston's death

teddybear1873
06-Apr-08, 13:31
Shame to see on the news that Charlten Heston died aged 85. I thought he was a great actor, probebly more famous for his biblical roles. There can't be many left of the old generation actors left.

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 13:44
Great actor

cuddlepop
06-Apr-08, 13:52
Chuck was my mothers "matinee idol" she'd seen every film and had posters up in her room.

I'm glad she went before him as she would have been so upset.

Coincidence or what,you decide but mum had been dead exactly a month ago yesterday.:eek:

teddybear1873
06-Apr-08, 13:53
Michael Moore, now is your chance! Prise that rifle now...

Great actor, political idiot.

Mmmmhhhh

Ronald Reagan.

Arnie.

Notice a trend?

Loved him in the monkey films.

:)

Dont think he would be classed as a political idiot. He made a big impact on the civil rights march in the 60's. Yes he campaigned for Adlai Stevenson and John F Kennedy and was a big on rifles but he wasnt political like Arnie or Reagan...........By the way when you said you loved him in the monkey films was that Arnold your on about lol

jings00
06-Apr-08, 13:54
Michael Moore, now is your chance! Prise that rifle now...

Great actor, political idiot.

Mmmmhhhh

Ronald Reagan.

Arnie.

Notice a trend?

have til agree wi ye there Boozeburgler, but I canny say I was a fan o his fillums either

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 14:03
Dont think he would be classed as a political idiot. He made a big impact on the civil rights march in the 60's. Yes he campaigned for Adlai Stevenson and John F Kennedy and was a big on rifles but he wasnt political like Arnie or Reagan...........By the way when you said you loved him in the monkey films was that Arnold your on about lol

Planet of the Apes of course!

Spielberg is a political idiot too, if that gives a measure of how I am using the term.

dook
06-Apr-08, 15:21
Shame to see on the news that Charlten Heston died aged 85. I thought he was a great actor, probebly more famous for his biblical roles. There can't be many left of the old generation actors left.

Ben hur, done that. Boom boom

percy toboggan
06-Apr-08, 16:24
I've written my take on the man...
http://t0boggan.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/charlton-leaves-the-field/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://t0boggan.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/charlton-leaves-the-field/)
if anyone is interested, not doing it twice!:)

Heston was such a star they named a motorway services after him on the M4 west of London!

rupert
06-Apr-08, 17:02
Ben Hur - one of my all time favourites, makes me cry everytime when he goes and finds his mother and sister in the leper's colony. Fantastic film, never tire of watching it and I will again very soon in homage to Heston!

Amy-Winehouse
06-Apr-08, 23:26
Yes , Heston was a great actor, Im sorry to see him go.

I wonder which old style celeb will be next? Well actually my local boozer had a sweep on who would be the next star to die!!!

Maggie Thatcher, Ian Paisley, Ronnie Reagan (is he still alive?) The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Patrick Moore, Amy Winehouse??? Pete Docherty. They were some of the names, some people eh!!

Anne x
07-Apr-08, 00:16
Great Guy and oh so tall !!
He used to come to Beauly in the 70s visit the castle and stay on the estate
his wife was a Fraser a descedant of Lord Lovat (somewhere ) and his love and hers off Scotland especially the highlands was inspiring he loved the place
Dementia is a awful disease he suffered from it
but was taken before he got to the worst