PDA

View Full Version : Who got a ticket for Glastonbury?

gollach
06-Apr-08, 11:32
I was online at 9am helping my mates to get tickets but no luck :(

justine
06-Apr-08, 12:33
No its pretty impossible to get them these days...I used to go every year and then when it finished i headed off to aimsbury to the stones for summer solstace...
Unfortunately got myself arrested and was banned from there for 10 yrs, but still worth every cold, wet muddy night...

Keep digging Gollach,youll find some tickets somewhere

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 12:42
Amesbury? What years are we talking? I may have met ye!

:)

justine
06-Apr-08, 12:58
84 onwards got barred in 89, used to have a bright green mohican and a little red tent.....but it a long walk from Amebury to the stones, which was not too bad until they put up the three mile barrier...thats how i got nicked, went across the barrier in group and not on my own, and got barred from going back.

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 13:10
We just got kicked out of the exclusion area on a bus.

I was there over those summers, did loads of the little gatherings, all round Stoney Cross, Lulworth Cove, Avesbury Ring, the lot!

Were you at Treworgy?

gollach
06-Apr-08, 13:17
got tickets! My mate's confirmation screen didn't display at the time but we've got the 4 tickets we needed. :D

justine
06-Apr-08, 13:19
I was not at Treworgy,and to be honest never heard of the place, but i left Glastonbury each year and met up with my travelling mates and Avebury circle, have a mass throw in the cooking pot meal and would set off on foot to get to the henge,.Stupid when they put up the exclusion barrier, three miles out and an invisible one aswell...How were we to judge when we were three miles out...

Never got to the Henge in 89, they nicked me on that last occasion, and ive never been back...

Although i was let down at Glastonbury that year as Hawkind were playing live and it was terrible....dissappointed by there last preformance...

TBH
06-Apr-08, 13:20
Hippy's and Friends Alike Reunited.:lol:

bagpuss
06-Apr-08, 13:27
After a while of not doing festivals I've been several times over last few years- and have a ticket for this year. Five of us are taking the caravan. Hope to see you all there

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 13:38
Back when the festivals were the real deal.

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/glastonbury-festival-1989.html

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 13:40
I have been to a few the last few years, now I am one of the old farts I used to decry.

justine
06-Apr-08, 13:50
Nice link brings back memories, and i have to confess, it must have been 87 when Hawkind played live or maybe 88..can you find a link for the festival for those years, i remember it coz it was so hot, we all got sunburned watching them playing on the sat afternoon, just lost the exact year...

Yep the good old days, i thought it was best then...end of the eighties..

TBH, your right, and they are the best mates you could ever ask for..True mates...Spent many a time enjoying the night with 40-60 other people on an open circle being merry.....Fantastic time, good memories.

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 13:58
Same page at bottom J.

I recall them playing everywhere round that time!

I used to live next door to Ozrics for a while in South London.

ciderally
06-Apr-08, 14:55
I was online at 9am helping my mates to get tickets but no luck :(
glad you got them...have a good time:Razz

Ricco
07-Apr-08, 17:41
I wouldn't pay the price that they are charging. I went to the very first one when it was called the Pilton Pop Festival - same place, different name. That was back in the late 60's. You just walked in, sat on the grass, smoked the 'grass' and enjoyed. :D

percy toboggan
07-Apr-08, 18:32
Apparently some ghastly rapper is headlining on the saturday night...jayzee or summat...tell me if I'm wrong and he's really a folksy balladeer from the backwoods.

I was in Glastonbury about three years ago and filmed much of the attractive town centre, not to mention breathless toboggan & his mrs climbing the tor by the shortest route possible. I must put the fillem on youtube...I recall it was almost amusing in parts.

Don't want to go to the gig...too many folk, too many tents...prob too much mud...done all that in the nineties....wouldn't mind listneing to Neil Diamond again though...I'll just dig out 'Hot August Night' sometime rather than stump up all that money thanks.

quiteone
07-Apr-08, 18:52
i heard on the radio today that there are 37000(think thats rite) tickets still on sale! how many people usually attend glastonbury??

gollach
07-Apr-08, 21:04
i heard on the radio today that there are 37000(think thats rite) tickets still on sale! how many people usually attend glastonbury??

about 170,000 and the tickets normally sell out in under 2 hours.

quiteone
07-Apr-08, 21:16
jeepers creepers!!!! fair puckle o people then!!! :eek: i think all at people would freak me out. my mates went 3 yrs ago(or 4) and had a brilliant time despite the rain n mud. think alot of people are travelling to europe for music festivals. its about the same price but guaranteed sunshine.

Boozeburglar
08-Apr-08, 02:32
about 170,000 and the tickets normally sell out in under 2 hours.

That is probably about right.

One year I was there they reckoned it was 250,000, but that was before they brought in the second fence and such. (actually a wee fence, just publicity, most extra folk are let in by the gate staff for a fiver).