PDA

View Full Version : Dog Mess

Mik.M.
06-Apr-08, 11:19
Just got back from a walk with the dog. I could not believe the amount of dog mess along the sea front and Victoria Walk. If you are not prepared to clean up after your dog then don`t have a dog.Bet you`d complain if someone else let their dog mess on your garden and left it. Just be considerate to other people.

floyed
06-Apr-08, 11:54
I totally agree with you, if you dont want to pick it up don't have a dog. The amount of dog poo on Wick pavement's is a disgrace[evil]

I would also like to point out that dog owners could do with more bins for putting the dog poo in they are very few and far between.:D

jings00
06-Apr-08, 12:01
Aye, there is a lot down the seafront, stood in some the other day, yuuuukkkk.
also up round john kennedy drive in thurso, heaps o the stuff.

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 12:07
I have said it before, but I think they need to reintroduce the dog license at a reasonably high rate so that dog owner's can be vetted more thoroughly and measures can be improved to take care of problem owners.

ANNIE
06-Apr-08, 12:13
I also agree being a dog owner myself it really annoys me that people dont take on this responsability if dont like it then they shouldnt have a dog after all they are breaking the law by not picking it up. What really gets me is the ones who do put it in a bag then throw the bag and its contents away whats that all about?

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 12:15
I also think there should be biodegradable markers you can put where you scooped your poop.

Would like to see designated dog toilet areas too.

TBH
06-Apr-08, 12:17
I also think there should be biodegradable markers you can put where you scooped your poop.

Would like to see designated dog toilet areas too.Right, howld et in beeg chiel till we get till e' designated toilet.

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 12:20
Do you have a dog TBH?

In the car, down to the park, out of the car. First thing dog wants to do is its business.

Why do you think Dunnet Forest has so much dog mess at the entrance area?

:)

TBH
06-Apr-08, 12:32
Do you have a dog TBH?

In the car, down to the park, out of the car. First thing dog wants to do is its business.

Why do you think Dunnet Forest has so much dog mess at the entrance area?

:)Again, my attemp at injecting some humour has backfired.:confused

silverfox57
06-Apr-08, 12:33
the amount of dog owners who park car up at wick airport ,and let dogs out to walk and do there business,and dog owners stay in car,first thing in moring and last thing at night,?poo

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 12:37
Again, my attemp at injecting some humour has backfired.:confused

Well I laughed of course,

but your joke did beg a question too!

[lol]

Errogie
06-Apr-08, 14:45
Well most of these in and out the door dog walks are misnamed. They are really "Dog Emptying" trips and of course the mess is not the poor dumb animals fault its really down to their keepers. And while I'm on the subject of our canine companions I've started becoming more and aware of obese people in fact whole rolly polly families and yes sometimes the family dawg is stricken with the same complaint and probably the hamster and goldfish have expanded to fill their respective accomodation too surrounded by uneaten grub!

ciderally
06-Apr-08, 14:49
you get free poop scoops from the council offices so no need...well used to anyway..

Geo
06-Apr-08, 15:29
I have said it before, but I think they need to reintroduce the dog license at a reasonably high rate so that dog owner's can be vetted more thoroughly and measures can be improved to take care of problem owners.

Is having more money really a good way of vetting someone? You're loaded therefore you must be responsible? I'm on a low income and have a dog. He is well looked after and we clean up after him. I think your idea, while well meaning, generalises too much.

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 16:23
Is having more money really a good way of vetting someone? You're loaded therefore you must be responsible? I'm on a low income and have a dog. He is well looked after and we clean up after him. I think your idea, while well meaning, generalises too much.

Not the way I would have it work. Folk with dogs already would pay a negligible fee, just to cover admin, for the life of their current dog. Often people on lower incomes are the true dog lovers, devoting more time and relatively more of their resources to their animals. Everyone purchasing a pup or dog would be vetted, by the SSPCA, and breeders would have to have this done before selling a dog to anyone, thus the dog breeding industry would pay directly into the problem they are part of creating. People rescuing a dog and those unwaged would be exempt from the dog license fee, and those on low incomes would pay a lower amount. If all dogs are chipped it would be easy to administer in principal.

People who rescue dogs should only pay the fee presently required, i.e. £50 for an SPCA dog. Their license would be free, but held by the SPCA and if they pass on the dog it would have to be done through the SPCA.

We have to do something.

percy toboggan
06-Apr-08, 16:34
Boozer..in your world bureacracy would run rampant...as in every leftist state.

Your plans would once more mean the law abiding responsible citzens would pay through the (wet) nose while other just ignored an un-enforceable law.
Un-enforceable law is bad law, and brings the law generally into dis-repute.
Dog mess is a problem...a declining one around here I notice these last few years...fewer strays roaming and mor epeople scooping it up into plastic bags - soon to be outlawed or criminalised no doubt.

Thought for the day: Last year a horse deposited a huge amount of poo within yard sof my front soor....remonstrations with the owner revealed horse muck is non toxic and no laws exist to prevent it's deposit upon footpaths.
Residents treated it as a mini-roundabout for weeks!

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 16:44
How much do you think said citizens are paying for dog warden's and council clean up operation right now? At least I would see the dog owning folk pay for their own problems.

Should non car owners start paying some car tax?

:)

percy toboggan
06-Apr-08, 16:54
Is there no way via gearing mechanisms that dogs could be shackled to wind turbines for those calm, still days? Encouraged on a treadmill by meaty bones suspended just in front of their slavvering chops?
Owners would be required to present their dogs...for sorting into size and sex groups at a few hours notice...A bitch placed perhaps a yard ahead of every following group of three of four male mutts!

Surely an imaginative plan....it's only right dogs should put something back into society other than their mess.

Boozeburglar
06-Apr-08, 17:14
Well there was Lassie. No one would begrudge Lassie a dump on the verge on her way to a rescue, if it's good enough for Paula Radcliffe...

jings00
06-Apr-08, 22:17
Well there was Lassie. No one would begrudge Lassie a dump on the verge on her way to a rescue, if it's good enough for Paula Radcliffe...

LOL !!! ah, ya wee radge, boozeburgler :-)