PDA

View Full Version : Very little in chatroom

teddybear1873
04-Apr-08, 21:58
Going by the statistics The most ever chatters online was 37, 08-Dec-06 at 23:02. I'm surprised at that number. You would think as its a local website more people would be in there chatting. Everytime i pop in i'm lucky to see 10 in there. Is there a reason why fellow orgers dont pop in more often or not at all?

ciderally
04-Apr-08, 22:25
my typing is to slow...olso spelling isent so good...

teddybear1873
04-Apr-08, 22:27
my typing is to slow...olso spelling isent so good...

Thats doesnt matter ciderally. Be good to see more orgers in there.

Kevin Milkins
05-Apr-08, 01:31
Thats doesnt matter ciderally. Be good to see more orgers in there.
I am scared unless someone wants to fight with me.
it seems to me that it is not somewere to have a chat but a battle of wits.:confused

unicorn
05-Apr-08, 01:32
You just ignore that Kevin and talk over them [lol]

Kevin Milkins
05-Apr-08, 01:41
You just ignore that Kevin and talk over them [lol]

It is a bit of a lerning curve for some of us and I am sure that there are many people like myself that are itching to get involved ,but like myself cant spell that well a bit afraid of making a prat of themselves and when you put a toe in the water and have a try and there is someone in the background comes out with something that makes you feel uncomfortable with and it scares you off.

unicorn
05-Apr-08, 01:46
Like in life Kevin if they don't like it tell them to get on their bike and start peddling. It is a community forum for all as is the chatroom so don't feel inferior to others.
Thats my wise head off for the rest of the year now [lol]

Kevin Milkins
05-Apr-08, 02:05
Like in life Kevin if they don't like it tell them to get on their bike and start peddling. It is a community forum for all as is the chatroom so don't feel inferior to others.
Thats my wise head off for the rest of the year now [lol]
That is how I feel at times unicorn. The trouble is if I take that stance it goes back to ,what is going on on the org. As a " Newie" you feel that it is in order to tow the line a bit with all the wonky goings on it is perhaps better to stay in the background and let more experienced orgers set the standard for the sake of the masses so to speak. It does concern me slightly though that it seems some tend to add a little now and then that leaves you thinking "what was that about" I feel confident enough to say this ,But to go back to the thread, not all are.

chaz
05-Apr-08, 08:14
it seems to me that it is not somewere to have a chat but a battle of wits.:confused
SNAP:) my brain isnt always in gear after a long day

golach
05-Apr-08, 09:42
That is how I feel at times unicorn. The trouble is if I take that stance it goes back to ,what is going on on the org. As a " Newie" you feel that it is in order to tow the line a bit with all the wonky goings on it is perhaps better to stay in the background and let more experienced orgers set the standard for the sake of the masses so to speak. It does concern me slightly though that it seems some tend to add a little now and then that leaves you thinking "what was that about" I feel confident enough to say this ,But to go back to the thread, not all are.
Sorry Kevin, I have got to disagree strongly with your opinion of the chatroom, having been a regular in the chat room for a few years now, I can say that the chat room is nothing like the message boards, the chatroom is really friendly and Newbies are encouraged and assisted to get to grips with the ins and outs of the flashchat system.
If you want to dip your toe in the chatroom, come to the quiz on a Sunday evening at 8:30pm UK time, that is a great time to meet .Org chatters, if your too shy, just drop in and someone will chat to you, and yes we have chatroom Mods as well.

angela5
05-Apr-08, 10:25
It is a bit of a lerning curve for some of us and I am sure that there are many people like myself that are itching to get involved ,but like myself cant spell that well a bit afraid of making a prat of themselves and when you put a toe in the water and have a try and there is someone in the background comes out with something that makes you feel uncomfortable with and it scares you off.

Kevin i don't really visit the chatroom that often, when i have everyone is very welcoming and friendly. The banter is good, all were spelling is awful.:lol:
I have never felt uncomfortable in the chatroom, dip your toe in anytime. You'll be surprised.

Venture
05-Apr-08, 10:55

Strongly disagree with you there Kevin. Don't knock it till youve tried it as they say. The chatroom is a brilliant place and very very friendly. You're made welcome whether you can spell or not. I was a bit wary at first but youll find that the majority of people are not regular posters on the general page and are certainly not agruementative. Its usually not busy till late in the evening. I certainly found that I got to know users a lot better and the crack as they say is brilliant. I only have one problem with the chatroom. When I go in there I forget to come back out again.[lol] Go on be a devil dip your toe you'll be made very welcome.

Rie
05-Apr-08, 11:14
Hey those of us who brave the chatroom are soon made welcome and part of the family, you feel out of depth at first but with our kind help and guidence you soon get to know about the long running jokes ect..
I am in the chatroom every night instead of watching tv... prefer chatting with my friends about anything and everything,
Has to be said that fellow chat users have helped me and supported me through some difficult times over the past few months andi certainly wouldnt be in the possition i am now with out all there help and support.
not just a chatroom friendship , most of us have met and become good friends.
Its a great place to be!

Kevin Milkins
05-Apr-08, 12:39
It would seem I have been a bit hastey with my opiniun of what I thought the chatroom was about. As I have never had a go I was wrong to assume that it followed the same format as the genaral forum. I am sorry for that.Thank you also for pointing out the error of my ways and am looking foward to having a go.:eek:

Tighsonas4
05-Apr-08, 12:43
CHATROOM
have found the chat to be a friendly place.if i canna spell so what they seem to take you as you are[theve no option] its the sort of place where you miss someone if there amissingif you want to speak to someone in private thats aviable too . apart from maybe two have never met anyone in my life
give it a go and never miind the spelling [lol] [lol]cheers tony

dessie
05-Apr-08, 12:50
i love the chatroom when i,m on my own..then no one can hassle me or give me any grief....it can be good at times..the quiz night is cool .....see you all ther on Sunday...for more grief..lol..

Venture
05-Apr-08, 12:55
i love the chatroom when i,m on my own..then no one can hassle me or give me any grief....it can be good at times..the quiz night is cool .....see you all ther on Sunday...for more grief..lol..

We'll be expecting you to bring the scones Dessie now that Anne x has given you the recipes.[lol]

twiglet
05-Apr-08, 13:04
As a regular in chat, I find it great fun and have been fortunate to meet some of the people that I talk to. We were all newbies once and many of us suffer from bad spelling and dystypia so don't worry.

The only people we have probs with are the very few who want to come in chat and are abusive to others or their sole purpose is to disrupt chat. Other than that we take as we find.

Come and join the quiz, it's fun! Look forward to seeing you there Kevin (and you've met one of us chatters already, not telling who though, he he).

silverfox57
05-Apr-08, 13:48
It would seem I have been a bit hastey with my opiniun of what I thought the chatroom was about. As I have never had a go I was wrong to assume that it followed the same format as the genaral forum. I am sorry for that.Thank you also for pointing out the error of my ways and am looking foward to having a go.:eek:
kevin as a new member my self was once in chat room ,got in a fluster,someone asked where i worked and did not answer,thought it bad manners on my part,think will try again as spelling is getting faster ,:lol:

Venture
05-Apr-08, 14:09
kevin as a new member my self was once in chat room ,got in a fluster,someone asked where i worked and did not answer,thought it bad manners on my part,think will try again as spelling is getting faster ,:lol:

I think you'll find silverfox that chatters just ask you questions like that to make conversation and not for any other reason. You dont have to give exact details just say for instance "I work in a shop" You dont have to tell where the shop is. You give as much detail as you're comfortable with. As to spelling, nobody cares about it. :lol:

Solus
05-Apr-08, 14:20
The chat room is a great place to come and break the ice, if you dont want to chat dont, Some times i do, other times I am happy to watch the chatter while sinking a few glasses of fine vino !just like being in the pub, sit and people watch. Nice folk, good laugh and some good convo's.

wifie
05-Apr-08, 14:49
Yep I say "Go for it" to anyone thinking of popping in the chatroom! Please stay and talk as well - we don't bite - well not all of us - LOL! The crack is great and as has been said it is not like the boards at all! Have met some great people and usually have a good laugh!

Mik.M.
05-Apr-08, 15:13
Kevin, join in the chat sometime it`s fun and you will get to know more people. You never know you might get an invitation to one of our nights out,only a privileged few are asked! Try the quiz too,it`s a great laugh. Even if you don`t know the answers some of the wrong ones are better than the right ones.