PDA

View Full Version : vandalism

rhino
04-Apr-08, 20:24
went out this morning to find my shed windows all smashed in again!!!, thats thesecond time this week. No idea who it is but there has been a group of youths hanging around lately.

Whoever it was used a multitude of items to destroy the windows, the garden was littered with boulders, old door handles, steel poles, a foot pump for car tyres?.

This isat the rear of huddart street, vansisttart street.

Hope nobody else is having this bother, police have been but not much they can do.:~(

TBH
04-Apr-08, 20:29
went out this morning to find my shed windows all smashed in again!!!, thats thesecond time this week. No idea who it is but there has been a group of youths hanging around lately.

Whoever it was used a multitude of items to destroy the windows, the garden was littered with boulders, old door handles, steel poles, a foot pump for car tyres?.

This isat the rear of huddart street, vansisttart street.

Hope nobody else is having this bother, police have been but not much they can do.:~(Maybe you should set up a video camera, if possible and catch the culprits in action. It sounds like some sort of vendetta, have you had a run in with any of the local hoodlums?

rhino
04-Apr-08, 20:30
not that i am aware of

TBH
04-Apr-08, 20:33
not that i am aware ofI would go with the cctv option if possible, these little cretins need to be caught.

rhino
04-Apr-08, 20:38
I would go with the cctv option if possible, these little cretins need to be caught.

will have to do something, will need to figure out how to do it because it is pitch dark out the back. Will definately need to by a security light.

Concerned that the dog our the neighbours wee one will hurt themselves on the scrap or broken glass, will have to look into boarding up the windows to prevent it happening again.

Venture
04-Apr-08, 20:42
Maybe you should set up a video camera, if possible and catch the culprits in action. It sounds like some sort of vendetta, have you had a run in with any of the local hoodlums?

Sadly you don't need to have had a run in with the local hoodlums to have your windows smashed in Pulteney. Damage to property is a regular occurrence. Having been born and brought up in the area it really saddens me to see just how much it has gone downhill in the last couple of years.

TBH
04-Apr-08, 20:47
Sadly you don't need to have had a run in with the local hoodlums to have your windows smashed in Pulteney. Damage to property is a regular occurrence. Having been born and brought up in the area it really saddens me to see just how much it has gone downhill in the last couple of years.Why has it gone downhill is the question that needs to be addressed. This seems to be a nationwide phenomenon and not restricted to pulteneytown in particular.

Venture
04-Apr-08, 21:01
Why has it gone downhill is the question that needs to be addressed. This seems to be a nationwide phenomenon and not restricted to pulteneytown in particular.

In a word - Drugs

TBH
04-Apr-08, 21:07
In a word - DrugsWell hopefully cannabis is being re-defined as a class B drug so more arrests and heavier sentences are sure to follow.

Venture
04-Apr-08, 21:12
Well hopefully cannabis is being re-defined as a class B drug so more arrests and heavier sentences are sure to follow.
In that area I wouldn't say it was cannabis that was the problem. More like Class A.

silverfox57
04-Apr-08, 21:20
Sadly you don't need to have had a run in with the local hoodlums to have your windows smashed in Pulteney. Damage to property is a regular occurrence. Having been born and brought up in the area it really saddens me to see just how much it has gone downhill in the last couple of years.
the most of wick has gone downhill for years now as lived in town for 43years,had enough of it,and can tell you it was bad when we left moved outside of town,changed family life,as all hell would break loose from thursdays night to mondays,and schools hols were are nightmare,i have short fuse and would run after hoodliums.was told by them touch me and police would arrest me, you could never win ,so left[evil]

angela5
04-Apr-08, 21:25
I chased after a hooded ned after he through a brick through my window. I got nothing but cheek from him. A swift phone call to the police and he was picked up, he was charged but the charge was dropped. Says it all really.[disgust]

Julia
04-Apr-08, 22:57
I chased after a hooded ned after he through a brick through my window. I got nothing but cheek from him. A swift phone call to the police and he was picked up, he was charged but the charge was dropped. Says it all really.[disgust]

That was brave of you, a friend of mine was goaded into chasing one of the hoodie mob and ran round the corner into a gang of waiting youths who promptly beat him up!

chaz
05-Apr-08, 09:15
Why has it gone downhill is the question that needs to be addressed. This seems to be a nationwide phenomenon and not restricted to pulteneytown in particular.
Sadly it is nation wide, i once hid in my shed for nights waiting for the youths who were doing the damage, when they did appear think they got a shock with this very angry woman comming out of the shed screaming at them:lol:They were caught and i got a lot of hassle off thier parents who were no better than they were and didnt care a hoot what they had been doing.

balto
05-Apr-08, 10:51
very brave of you to do that, dont think i would be so keen to do it, thankfully we dont have problems like that up in our area, well nothing major anyway.

TBH
05-Apr-08, 11:11
Sadly it is nation wide, i once hid in my shed for nights waiting for the youths who were doing the damage, when they did appear think they got a shock with this very angry woman comming out of the shed screaming at them:lol:They were caught and i got a lot of hassle off thier parents who were no better than they were and didnt care a hoot what they had been doing.That's the thing, some parents actually get angry at the cheek of you complaining about their kids breaking your windows, what's that all about?:confused

carasmam
05-Apr-08, 11:48
Sadly it is nation wide, i once hid in my shed for nights waiting for the youths who were doing the damage, when they did appear think they got a shock with this very angry woman comming out of the shed screaming at them:lol:They were caught and i got a lot of hassle off thier parents who were no better than they were and didnt care a hoot what they had been doing.

Good on you, but it's a wonder you never got done for causing alarm to the little darlings :roll:

chaz
05-Apr-08, 11:57
Good on you, but it's a wonder you never got done for causing alarm to the little darlings :roll:
Just a little fright, but thats always the risk now if you defend your property that you will end up charged!

Mall67
05-Apr-08, 13:15
Punish the parents is the only answer if you can't teach your kids the difference between right and wrong you should not have them. You get punished for having an unruly dog that terrorises the neighbours, so whats the difference?
And while i'm at it, bring back the belt in school. I bet if you look back to when the belt was banned up until now there has been a steady rise year on year in the unruly behaviour of this country's kids. I'm not a violent person but if I caught a brat vandalising anyone's car etc I'd kick his backside up and down the street then wait for a complaint from the parents about their kids sore backside.
Ok i'll calm down now, enough said

Venture
05-Apr-08, 14:22
Punish the parents is the only answer if you can't teach your kids the difference between right and wrong you should not have them. You get punished for having an unruly dog that terrorises the neighbours, so whats the difference?
And while i'm at it, bring back the belt in school. I bet if you look back to when the belt was banned up until now there has been a steady rise year on year in the unruly behaviour of this country's kids. I'm not a violent person but if I caught a brat vandalising anyone's car etc I'd kick his backside up and down the street then wait for a complaint from the parents about their kids sore backside.
Ok i'll calm down now, enough said

Only problem with that Mall67 is you'd be the one who would end up on an assault charge. I think you're right parents should be made accountable for their children's behaviour at least up until the age of 16 or if they are still living at home. Mind you some of the parents are worse than the children.

TBH
05-Apr-08, 15:04
I totally agree Venture, make the parents responsible for the crimes their kids commit and we should see a sharp drop in vandalism and other anti-social behavour.

chaz
05-Apr-08, 15:08
I totally agree Venture, make the parents responsible for the crimes their kids commit and we should see a sharp drop in vandalism and other anti-social behavour.
That would be the way to do it and may make some of them think about thier own standards.