PDA

View Full Version : Cadburys Choc Ad?

alfie
04-Apr-08, 11:35
Maybe its just me but has anyone got any idea what the devil this adverts about.... its got lots of trucks supposedly coming out of an airport terminal and racing along the runway, but I must be missing something because what has that to do with Chocolate?:confused

Kevin Milkins
04-Apr-08, 11:47
Maybe its just me but has anyone got any idea what the devil this adverts about.... its got lots of trucks supposedly coming out of an airport terminal and racing along the runway, but I must be missing something because what has that to do with Chocolate?:confused

I think that is how a good advert works alfie.You go away thinking about it and the fact you knew it was a Cadbury advert and you have gone to the trouble of asking about it the promotion company will consider it job done.I think they call it sublimnable.If thats how you spell it .

johnlc
04-Apr-08, 12:20
:)lol i was saying that 2 my husband yday,i think it is silly and a waste of money doing an advert like that when clearly it doesnt have nothing to do with chocolate

silverfox57
04-Apr-08, 12:24
no its not just you alfie asked better half last night we both did not get it .must be clever pr,of not:lol:

fingalmacool
04-Apr-08, 12:27

Step away from the chocolate Alfie!!!!!! you know it makes sense.

balto
04-Apr-08, 12:46
oh i havent seen this ad yet must keep an eye out for it.

Kevin Milkins
04-Apr-08, 13:18
oh i havent seen this ad yet must keep an eye out for it.

Thats the point I was making.
I haven't seen the ad yet either ,but I will want to keep my eye out for it now.
You can bet that it will have a part 2 to it soon.
When Cadbury launched there range of chewing gum they used a white man talking with a Jamacan accent. It caused an uproar but there is no such thing as bad press in advertising

jojam76
04-Apr-08, 13:40
Hasn't the point of it been demonstrated....I haven't seen it yet either....but we are talking about it lol
Just like the Cadbury's ad with the gorilla drumming to Phil Collins, had nothing to do with chocolate....but had us all talking about it. Best form of advertising is word of mouth.

anneoctober
04-Apr-08, 13:43
I think that is how a good advert works alfie.You go away thinking about it and the fact you knew it was a Cadbury advert and you have gone to the trouble of asking about it the promotion company will consider it job done.I think they call it sublimnable.If thats how you spell it .
With this post , we now KNOW who's the brains behind the ad.....[lol]

Kevin Milkins
04-Apr-08, 13:59
With this post , we now KNOW who's the brains behind the ad.....[lol]

I have a choco brain and thats about it.I wouldnt mind the salary though.

nightowl
04-Apr-08, 16:30
http://www.aglassandahalffullproductions.com/?campaign_id=cdm01#/trucks/watch-ads/90-seconds-ad/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.aglassandahalffullproductions.com/?campaign_id=cdm01#/trucks/watch-ads/90-seconds-ad/)

Its a mystery to me!

Sandra_B
04-Apr-08, 17:01
Maybe it's to let you know why the big bar of dairy milk you've stashed in your suitcase is always in bits when you open it....

olivia
04-Apr-08, 17:15
I think I get it! While the runways empty they're having a fantastic time racing their trucks, same as having a fantastic time eating a huge bar of chocolate - am I right or way of the mark?

teddybear1873
04-Apr-08, 17:22
And here's me thinking it was a film of day 1 of the opening of Terminal 5 at Heathrow.

helenwyler
04-Apr-08, 17:33
I'm so impressed how hard Cadbury's work to get that milk chocolate to a shop near us...

...up at dawn, eco-friendly plane and milky white delivery trucks, courteous safe driving...all so we can be "having a good time":cool:. Freddie would be proud!

Was that the lost baggage from T5 I saw?

dandod
04-Apr-08, 18:05
i think the ad is just brill!!! the trucks look really cool,and the queen music matches it really well.........but i dont get it?!:eek:

Kevin Milkins
04-Apr-08, 18:25
i think the ad is just brill!!! the trucks look really cool,and the queen music matches it really well.........but i dont get it?!:eek:

Has it got somthing to do with Rick Astly dandod?[disgust]
I am sure when part 2 is out all will be revealed.

miranda
04-Apr-08, 18:33
phew!!:lol: thot it was just me who didn't have a clue what lorries the queen soundtrack had to do with chocolate!!!!!! thankfully not keen on any of them so thier sublimial messages wont work with me!!!:lol:

percy toboggan
04-Apr-08, 18:37
If you've got chocolate, a truck brought it.
Like 99% of the other stuff in your home.
Trucks are cool...I haven't seen the ad. but it sounds like they're reminding folk of their essentiality.

(I think I just invented a new word!)

dessie
04-Apr-08, 21:54
tyhe advert is crap just a waist of money..and why dont they show the gorilla again drumming to the genises song....[lol]

Julia
04-Apr-08, 23:41
I remember watching the advert intently wondering what on earth the product was going to be, we had a jaw drop moment when chocolate appeared! I thought some of the wee trucks looked like them out of Bob the Builder.

Quite ironic how it's out the same week terminal 5 have their fiasco [lol]

balto
05-Apr-08, 10:48
saw the advert last night and to be honest i just cant make the connection between that and chocolate.

Kevin Milkins
05-Apr-08, 12:19
I saw It this morning and think it has a clever play on colours. A light comes on under 1 little truck and its the cadbury purple, and the white is for milk.

NickInTheNorth
05-Apr-08, 12:21
I'm pretty certain it has no connection with chocolate, simply trying to get the brand to stick in your mind.

I'd say it's working well :D