PDA

View Full Version : What do you like!

porshiepoo
14-Nov-05, 23:18
Well, I figured maybe it's about time we all got to know one anothers foibles!
So, whats ya hobbies? Whats ya likes and dislikes? If theres one thing in the whole world you could change, what would it be? :rolleyes:

twee dledum
14-Nov-05, 23:22
Caithness.org

Rheghead
14-Nov-05, 23:24
I have too many hobbies so I need to cut a few of them out of my life. But if I could change one thing in the world it would be to revoke the human ability to think concientiously about how we interact with the world.

I also dislike swearing, bad manners, litter, bullies and people who don't accept that they have double standards.

angela5
14-Nov-05, 23:29
there's nothing i would change now as i've noticed porshiepoo and twee dledum have stopped arguing! for tonight anyway. ahh!

Naefearjustbeer
14-Nov-05, 23:51
Too many hobbies and not enough time to fit them all in, my main hobby at the moment would be Kayaking mainly on white water and surf, other things that take up my time are Geocaching, the odd bit of flyfishing and shooting. Interest in motorbikes but its been laid up in the garage for a couple of years. Generally enjoy things that take me out in the fresh air and away from the internet which is like TV for me I use it to relax and unwind. I am a webmaster for few site and you can see them here.

www.caithnesskayakclub.co.uk (http://www.caithnesskayakclub.co.uk)

www.wildcat-rally.co.uk (http://www.wildcat-rally.co.uk)

www.naefearjustbeer.co.uk (http://www.naefearjustbeer.co.uk)

The main thing that gets in the way of it all is work !! I try to involve the family in as many things as possible to give them a dose of healthy fresh air, The bairns are a bit young for some things but I hope that they will have plenty hobbies as the get older so that they are not bored all the time as so many kids complain these days.If I could change anything I would discover a way to pay the bills without going to work LOL!

porshiepoo
14-Nov-05, 23:59
I tried to get on your website but my computer can't find it.
I used to like canoeing! Hadn't done it for a while but gave it another go whilst on holiday in Cuba this year and lets just say, I couldn't! They made me wear this life vest that was so tiny it looked like the new wonderbra ( had the same effect too) and I went in in a sarong that blew up like a balloon when I capsized. I couldn't get back in so had to rather ungraciously drag it back to shore. So different from how I remember it used to be!

My main hobby now is dog showing though I'm not sure how much I'll actually be doing as it's just so far away to the main champ shows and it takes the pleasure away when you have to drive up and down the country just for a decent champ show.
I like the more girly stuff too like card making, cross stitch etc.
But mostly now I love photography. There are so many great places to take pictures just outside my front door.

Lesta da molesta
14-Nov-05, 23:59
can i change my ugly annoying brother?

angela5
15-Nov-05, 00:03
instead of reading the threads i would love to control them, hand out the odd red card.

porshiepoo
15-Nov-05, 00:05
instead of reading the threads i would love to control them, hand out the odd red card.

And who'd be first on your list then eh! :eek:

angela5
15-Nov-05, 00:08
that would be telling!!!!

lab
15-Nov-05, 00:10
love my dogs, love my kids all 4 of them (should i of put that in a different order) hate bullies hate the O.C.A and there facination of flag stone walls in the most silly of places. If I could change one thing it would be to channel the hundred thousend pounds it cost to build these walls and now a flag stone arm chair that i am sure will win the Turner prize and build a center for nutty da drummer and freinds so they can hang out in the warm and not annoy anyone but themselves.

porshiepoo
15-Nov-05, 00:11
Well I've already got a red card so it can't be me!
You'd want to give it to someone who has the best colour at the time, has more impact then! Wouldn't make enough difference for me to get another! ;)

Have to say though, someone has given me some not so nasty rep comments, and it has me a little worried ;)
When you get used to comments like i've had, it's kinda strange to get nice ones, even if they are taking the mick!!!!!

angela5
15-Nov-05, 00:14
i was only saying, dinna want to get into a long speel, i have'nt checked my rep because i don't care.

lab
15-Nov-05, 00:14
Oh i forgot love to change the fact im a junior member havent been called junior for a long time

EDDIE
15-Nov-05, 00:41
My main hobbie is playing with my computer and surfing the internet.
If i could change anything it would be the content of the internet its like a library with all the books in jumbled all over the place and majority of the website that are rubbish and u dont know if the content is true or not.
I would love to see an internet that has websites full of information on every single topic you could think of that websites are certified for accuracy of content and which is easy to find and most importly free you shouldnt have to pay for learning

brandy
15-Nov-05, 01:37
my main hobby is photograpy.. love taking pictures!
have about 3000 of my boys *laughs* and thats no joke!
love to read a good romance as well when i can!
dislikes.. having an ocean between me and the rest of my family!
wish there was some way to pull us together ...
wish mum could see the kids growing! and hang out with my brothers again!

squidge
15-Nov-05, 14:14
I love my children and being with them and spending time with my friends
I love to read
I love to sing and i am taking traditional singing classes
I love to cook and like having friends for dinner
I work full time and i am also doing a part time job as a "literary agent" just now!!!!

I dont have time to sleep sometimes

dislikes

Bigotry, prejudice, intolerence, nastiness and pedantic nonsense.
Money
Cars

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hereboy
15-Nov-05, 15:32
I would love to see an internet that has websites full of information on every single topic you could think of that websites are certified for accuracy of content and which is easy to find and most importly free you shouldnt have to pay for learning

Sounds like Wikipedia is the site for you EDDIE. They are trying to cover everything and trying to self certify accuracy too.

EDDIE
15-Nov-05, 18:13
I know what u mean brandy my parents are in the same boat as yours but if your into taking photos you can always send them loads of photos by email and even better most cameras now you can take short video clips of your kids and send it to your parents i bet they would love that.I dont know whether you no or not the internet phones are really cheap now to make calls international to normal phones.
But unfortantley kids grow up and move away and thats the way of the world

marion
15-Nov-05, 19:01
I have too many hobbies so I need to cut a few of them out of my life. But if I could change one thing in the world it would be to revoke the human ability to think concientiously about how we interact with the world.

I also dislike swearing, bad manners, litter, bullies and people who don't accept that they have double standards.

Rheghead has pretty well said it all for me. One more thing I need is to get away from this computer addiction.

angela5
15-Nov-05, 21:55
what do you want to change him for?i will give you your dirty smelly pants back that you left at that great party in murchy.thats you on the right....remember? http://www..com/striptwister.html

you are as bad as your brother, was'nt this you at the same party???
http://www.dreadfire.com/images/party1a.jpg