PDA

View Full Version : Childhood Respect

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-08, 22:48
I have just watched the programe about Hughie Green that is a follow on to Hancock ,and Steptoe and Son.I grew up on a diet of these main stream tv stars, and had no idea that they had skeletons in there cupboards of such monstrous proportions. Hughie Green opened a shop in my home town called Cavendish and Woodhouse in about 1966 and a few of us bunked off school to see it.
Myself and a mate got a wack with a cane because there was a picture of us on the front page of the local paper stood next to him with beaming smiles.lol:lol: I am not sure that seeing them in a diifferent light is such a good thing.
And I mean that most sincerly folks.

karia
02-Apr-08, 23:11
All credit to Trevor Eve for depicting Hughie in all his 'glory'.:roll:

Not sure how fair this was on either his kids or the Geldof girls.

( Bring back 'Shoestring'!;))

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-08, 23:17
All credit to Trevor Eve for depicting Hughie in all his 'glory'.:roll:

Not sure how fair this was on either his kids or the Geldof girls.

( Bring back 'Shoestring'!;))
I thought Trevor Eve was brilliant as well, and was also a Shoestring fan.
I would guess that Hughie's kids by his wife had a shelterd sort of life but doubt much would shock or offend the Geldofs.

karia
02-Apr-08, 23:25
I thought Trevor Eve was brilliant as well, and was also a Shoestring fan.
I would guess that Hughie's kids by his wife had a shelterd sort of life but doubt much would shock or offend the Geldofs.

Know what you mean..but would you want to have Hughie Green as yer grampa?:eek:

Did you catch the 'Shoestring' repeats on the cult of sunday night?..fab!

Never a crease in his linen suit.;)

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-08, 23:32
Know what you mean..but would you want to have Hughie Green as yer grampa?:eek:

Did you catch the 'Shoestring' repeats on the cult of sunday night?..fab!

Never a crease in his linen suit.;)

I would love to have Hughie as my my Grandad. It never did say who he left his wedge to.lol

No I have not caught up with the repeats of shoe string.Must have a look out for that. The trouble is with this new BT total broadband I cant watch every thing and gossip on the org.lol