PDA

View Full Version : What's in your handbag?

Angel
02-Apr-08, 22:13
I inadvertently walked into a 'stake-out' as the Americans say, at a hotel in Inverness.

Two undercover detectives knocked on my room door flashing their warrent card and demanded entry.

Whilst being questioned they asked what's in the handbag?

I nearly died.... I couldn't answer... so I said go ahead have a look.

Was there anything in there I shouldn't have, anything that would incriminate me... I don't know...

Whilst checking one detective received a txt saying wrong person....

They left me trembling on a chair....

I presume the contents were normal as nothing was said... but I looked at the contents scattered across the bed.... The amount of stuff one carries is untrue....

So... I was wondering 'What's In Your Handbag'

Angel

canuck
02-Apr-08, 22:25
Everything but the kitchen sink!

hell raizer
02-Apr-08, 22:29
you bet me to it canuck, youd probably find the kitchen sink in mine :lol:

karia
02-Apr-08, 22:35
Pearl handled pistol and silk parachute!;)

percy toboggan
02-Apr-08, 22:41
Cameras in both of em...
My works one ...well it's more of an over the shoulder affair....

what remains of today's butties / flask that needs a proper clean / A daily mail/ compressed rubbish in the botom couple of inches that hasn't been sorted out in three years...about sixty pay-slips - two mobiletelephones/painkillers/and a twelve month old penguin biscuit....grubby.
I'd like to see a coppers face as he rummaged in my ruck-sack.

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-08, 22:54
I am often having a go at my wife about the Tat she carrys in her bag. Whenever we go through an airport its a night mare if I ask her for somthing out of her bag. But I do understand its a woman thing.:lol:

karia
02-Apr-08, 23:05
I am often having a go at my wife about the Tat she carrys in her bag. Whenever we go through an airport its a night mare if I ask her for somthing out of her bag. But I do understand its a woman thing.

Tat??!:eek:

One day it'll be the hernia repair kit kevin ..I hope she makes you beg!;)

Julia
03-Apr-08, 00:38
In a word, nothing! I don't carry a bag, it took me years to even carry a purse. Every time I try using a bag I can't find anything to put in except my purse [lol]

Thumper
03-Apr-08, 08:39
I carry all kinds of things in mine, the worst bit is that I change my bag to match my shoes so regularly forget to put something I do need into the new bag!One of my worst habits (seemingly) is reciepts...my bag can be stuffed full of them!

Ash
03-Apr-08, 08:42
perfume, purse, brush, mobile, vaseline lip therapy...... little ones gloves and hat, wipes

my mums bag : make up bag, purse, receipts, letter, old scratchcards, scissors! gloves, tissues list goes on!!!!

wifie
03-Apr-08, 10:43
Loadsa stuff and every item - ESSENTIAL! ;)

angela5
03-Apr-08, 11:32
In a word, nothing! I don't carry a bag, it took me years to even carry a purse. Every time I try using a bag I can't find anything to put in except my purse [lol]

Last time i used a handbag i left it hanging on a shopping trolley outside the coop. When i noticed and realised what i'd done it was gone. I'm safer keeping my bits and bobs in my hipper, no fear of losing my keegs.[lol]

ciderally
03-Apr-08, 13:27
old bits chewy, sticky sweeties, bits tobacco, dog chew. pens,keys dont know what for, lighters, masses bits paper , teabag, sugar lumps..im off to give it a clean out ..thank you...

Anne x
03-Apr-08, 13:34
Oh My Goodness just had a look ! contents were frightening
Have cleaned it out and contents are all necessary now
well until the next time
er why do I carry a cheque book when stores dont accept cheques anymore
old habits I guess

MGM
03-Apr-08, 13:39
I have my purse, cigarettes, lighter, stray pieces of gum, old bus tickets, vasaline lip therapy, reciepts, dentist bill, and the most important thing of all, a pack of rennies!

cairnadoo
03-Apr-08, 14:53
purse lottery ticket tissues nailfile mobile phone camera old sticky sweetie which is stuck to the tissues and when did shops stop accepting cheques . lol :roll:

angela5
03-Apr-08, 14:57
and when did shops stop accepting cheques . lol :roll:

The staff were fed up waiting for everyone to rumage in their handbags looking for their chequebooks.

squidge
03-Apr-08, 14:59
4 babies dummies, 3 lipsticks, some bills, a bit of ribbon, purse, hairbrush and a bib

pops
03-Apr-08, 15:10
I carry everything in my bag, and I too often change my bag so often forget to put something in

Often have - purse, hairbrush, mirror, vaseline lip therapy, perfume, keys, mobile phone, ipod, hand moisturiser, pen, paper, tissues, bit of make up,thats all i can think of at the moment but if my bag is big enough then I'll often have an umbrella too :lol:

Tom Cornwall
03-Apr-08, 15:22
I inadvertently walked into a 'stake-out' as the Americans say, at a hotel in Inverness.

Two undercover detectives knocked on my room door flashing their warrent card and demanded entry.

Was there anything in there I shouldn't have, anything that would incriminate me... I don't know...

I presume the contents were normal as nothing was said... but I looked at the contents scattered across the bed.... The amount of stuff one carries is untrue....

Angel
after all that, did they apologise, offer you a drink or anything

Sapphire2803
03-Apr-08, 17:20
Purse, wallet, card wallet, brolly, cheque book, tissues, wet wipes, lip balm, mascara, perfume, deodorant, note book, diary, pda, mobile phone, blue pen, black pen, green pen, posh fountain pen, 2 pencils, a paper clip, house keys, car keys, sun cream, moisturiser, hand cream, chewing gum, breath mints, gps, various receipts, scissors, tweezers, nailfile, lighter, cigarettes, loose change in the bottom, some crumbs and lint/fluff :eek:

and that's only my medium sized day to day bag. You should see what I can fit in my big handbag for days out! ;)

karia
03-Apr-08, 17:23
Sapphire if I ever get stranded or stuck in a lift I want it to be with you.;)

Boozeburglar
03-Apr-08, 17:39
4 babies dummies, 3 lipsticks, some bills, a bit of ribbon, purse, hairbrush and a bib

Aye, but do you carry anything for the wee un?

:)

Boozeburglar
03-Apr-08, 17:44

If I get stranded in the hills I want to be with her!

karia
03-Apr-08, 17:44
Aye, but do you carry anything for the wee un?

When I saw you'd posted on this I thought we were going to be regaled with the contents of yer 'man bag' BB....life's just one disappointment after another.:lol:

dook
03-Apr-08, 17:48

Angel

Sure it was the Police? Not being too cynical but sounds a bit strange. Are you sure you haven't just been fleeced. Ideal way to rifle your stuff/grab cash card numbers/keys/money.

I'd keep an eye on your bank account for a while..............

Sapphire2803
03-Apr-08, 17:49
I forgot to check the inside pocket, there's a stone with gold flecks and a keyring in there...

Sapphire2803
03-Apr-08, 17:52

My friend Kirsteen calls it my 'sport billy bag'
Anyone remember sport billy?
You'd never get stuck in a lift with me, I can't stand them so I always take the stairs :)

Boozeburglar
03-Apr-08, 18:00
Saph, you are one up on that Ray Mears! He always seems to forget his matches! (OK I know he doesn't forget them, he deliberately hides everyone's matches; and ignores the eternal natural gas flame twenty yards to the left of camera, as he 'instructs' the locals in the art of firelighting, before he repairs at dusk to the catering trailer for his burger and chips, washed down with a MacDonald's milkshake courtesy of MacDonald's Wild Nights Extreme Terrain Catering, ('Bringing Ronald to a jungle, polar cap or desert wasteland near you, soon!').)

Boozeburglar
03-Apr-08, 18:08
life's just one disappointment after another.

You sound like my wife...

I have been such a good boy today, at least three times or more...

I looked at the contents scattered across the bed....

I'd like to see a coppers face as he rummaged in my ruck-sack.

I thought we were going to be regaled with the contents of yer 'man bag' BB....life's just one disappointment after another.:lol:

twiglet
03-Apr-08, 18:23
Ok Angel, here's what's in my handbag:

A purse, diary, tissues, mobile phone, fold up brush, 2 lipsticks, pen, hair band, silicone sachet, macmillan cancer research pin, reciepts, pair of black wooly gloves,blackjack sweets, elasticbands, lipcote, paracetamols, cool gel and a paperclip. I have photo's of other handbags and their contents taken by the OH. Today I'm travelling light!

Sapphire2803
03-Apr-08, 18:31

A purse, diary, tissues, mobile phone, fold up brush, 2 lipsticks, pen, hair band, silicone sachet, macmillan cancer research pin, reciepts, pair of black wooly gloves,blackjack sweets, elasticbands, lipcote, paracetamols, cool gel and a paperclip. I have photo's of other handbags and their contents taken by the OH. Today I'm travelling light!

Are you like me and have absolutely no recollection of how the paperclip got there?

I usually have ibuprofen and paracetamol in my bag too and a couple of plasters... I must be slipping in my old age...

Kevin Milkins
03-Apr-08, 19:58

All pretty run of the mill stuff apart from BLACKJACK SWEETS. My favourite.
I am starting to dribble .lol:lol:

carasmam
03-Apr-08, 20:27
I dont have a handbag - if it doesn't fit in my pockets it stays at home.
I dont think the telesales guy on the phone could believe he'd finally called a female who doesn't carry a bag and genuinely didn't need handbag insurance cover :lol:

Sapphire - I think you must be related to my Mum lol she has a day to day bag and a bigger 'day out' bag too. I must ask her if she still has the screwdriver set in it !!!

floyed
03-Apr-08, 20:29
Well i just have the usual stuff purse, mirror, sissors, nivea lip balm, keys, bills, receipts, diary, address book, womens things, pen, brush, bobble, curbie grips, scratch card (won £7!!), camera that has been in since last year to be developed think that is about it:D

bobandag16
03-Apr-08, 20:33
Purse, wallet, card wallet, brolly, cheque book, tissues, wet wipes, lip balm, mascara, perfume, deodorant, note book, diary, pda, mobile phone, blue pen, black pen, green pen, posh fountain pen, 2 pencils, a paper clip, house keys, car keys, sun cream, moisturiser, hand cream, chewing gum, breath mints, gps, various receipts, scissors, tweezers, nailfile, lighter, cigarettes, loose change in the bottom, some crumbs and lint/fluff :eek:

and that's only my medium sized day to day bag. You should see what I can fit in my big handbag for days out! ;)
no handbag . so pack a small bag . going to raigmore. spare shorts ear ing aids aids toilet roll towel toothbrush medicatin. minor surgery. taken to ward to recover. pain in chest where is your spray? still at home .murphy always wins.

ashaw1
03-Apr-08, 21:06
I hate to think what's in mine. Would probably be better to ask what isn't?

WeeBurd
03-Apr-08, 21:06
My handbag is magical - you put things in it, and they magically disappear.

That is they disappear for long enough to get the car turned, return back to the house, get out of car, rummage around in house (finding nothing), go back to car, have another rummage in bag - et voila, it was there all along. :roll:

I think it's a great trick, but it annoys the heck out of MrBurd [lol]!

balto
03-Apr-08, 21:38
i for one dont have a handbag, if it doesnt fit in my coat pockets then it can stay behind as lonh as i have my purse and phone dont need to worry about anything else.....

Angel
03-Apr-08, 22:08
Wow... what a responce...

Firstly I don't recall getting an apology Tom and definatly did't get a drink, although a brandy would have helped and I don't think the warrant card is licenced for alcohol...
The parachute may be silk Karia but the pistol grip is diamond studded... loved the hernia thing... lol
Well Sappire, there was a great deal of similarities I have to admit... which now reminds me who I leant the handbag too... lol
And Dook you may be right... never thought of that... have checked my phone, my card, my bank statements, my credit rating and all seems fine apart from one thing... The Paperclip is missing!

wifie
03-Apr-08, 22:39
OK - specially for Angel - list:-
Purse, wallet, moby, 5 pens (various colours), receipts, 2 bus timetables, a map, driving licence, old shopping list, cheque book, notebook, diary, post-its, peedie black brolly, mirror, lipstick, sewing kit, anadin extra, loperamide capsules (dire need once), soap leaves (yeah), olbas oil, arnica, safety pins, comb, tissues and a wee folding bag!

wifie
04-Apr-08, 00:59
Hey I must be a wifie - I've got a wee folding bag!!!
Nah is just my green-ness! Honest!!!

nawthun
05-Apr-08, 14:18
Well Angel, You have accomplished a wonderful community service!

Some of the comments sounded very similar to that of a "Garage Sale"!
And I agree with dook, that's the first thing that jumped out at me
reading your post. So then there is a paper-clip thief on the loose in
Caithness? hmmm?
I, for the life of me, cannot quite figure out just how females are
able to fit "stuff" into those handbags? I mean, when sorting the bag
out, I've seen contents taking up the space of a 1 by 1 square metre
table top? How in the world can all of that be fitted into a small
8-inch long by 4-inch wide by 10-inch high handbag? I surely want to
know this secret so I can apply the same methods in my workshop?
Any tips would be gratefully appreciated!

Love the post Angel - well done!

:Razz

Sapphire2803
05-Apr-08, 22:08
How do we fit everything in?
We use Sport Billy Magic (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=huJlDsfXf5U) of course ;)

wifie
05-Apr-08, 23:12
LOL Sapphire - v good!

Venture
06-Apr-08, 01:04
How do we fit everything in?
We use Sport Billy Magic (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=huJlDsfXf5U) of course ;)

Im definitely ordering one of them ....or maybe two[lol]

Sporran
06-Apr-08, 07:45
I carry so much stuff in my handbag, that it could be used as a weapon! One well aimed swing of my heavy bag could certainly knock the wind out of an attacker. Potential muggers beware of the sweet, innocent looking Scottish lady with the overstuffed handbag - you might get more than you bargained for!!

lady penelope
07-Apr-08, 16:20
Angel, I am too embarrased to admit what is in my handbag. I downsized a few months ago to stop me carrying so much junk, didn't help much, I just can't tie the zip now![lol]
This thread has spurred me on to clean my bag out. The bag measures 30cm long by 15cm high and 12cm at its widest point! 43 items, I hang my head in shame!;)

Rie
07-Apr-08, 18:31
money/purse, mobile phone, lipgloss, maskara, house keys and two condoms (as you knever know one day i may get lucky!!)

Boozeburglar
07-Apr-08, 18:33
Lucky twice, no?

karia
07-Apr-08, 22:39
Unlucky at least once BB!;)

Oddquine
07-Apr-08, 22:46
Whats a handbag?

I either have my purse in one pocket and tobacco tin and mobile in the other...........or a backpack if I'm going to the library.

Margaret M.
08-Apr-08, 00:30
The size of the bag makes no difference -- I can't ever find anything in it. At the moment I have my purse, hand sanitizing spray, hair glossing cream, 2 lip glosses, a 10x mirror, reading glasses, mobile, mini toothbrush/paste, and gum.

Sporran
08-Apr-08, 17:42
Angel, I am too embarrased to admit what is in my handbag. I downsized a few months ago to stop me carrying so much junk, didn't help much, I just can't tie the zip now![lol]

I've tried downsizing too, lady penelope, but it didn't help me much either! I too, ended up stuffing the smaller handbag to the point where the zipper wouldn't close all the way! So it was back to a bigger bag again. I have lots of handbags, and have a fave style in both black and brown. It has zippered compartments on both ends, each just the right size to hold my mobile phone, and zippered compartments on front and back, as well as inside.

Here are the contents of my handbag:

Wallet, coin purse, cheque book, pen, small calculator, daily planner, notebook. Several bills - some paid, and some yet to be paid. Zillions of sales receipts! Two envelopes of discount coupons - one for personal items, one for household items. Powder compact, lipstick, eyedrops, hairbrush. Portable bottle of perfume. Small bottle of hand sanitizer, and small tube of handcream. Travel size packets of tissues, and cotton swabs. A pill box containing medicine, vitamins and analgesics. Instant stain remover pen. Specs case containing my reading glasses. Oh, and house and car keys. They're important too! How men manage without a handbag, I'll never know! :lol:

PS
Just as an afterthought - I wonder what the Queen carries in *her* handbag?? She doesn't seem to go anywhere without one, and they're always on the large size!

karia
08-Apr-08, 18:06
just as an afterthought - I wonder what the Queen carries in *her* handbag?? She doesn't seem to go anywhere without one, and they're always on the large size!

The laziest corgi?;)

Sporran
08-Apr-08, 18:13
Cor(gi) blimey, than was a good 'un, Karia! LMAO at that! :lol:

Mik.M.
08-Apr-08, 18:46

Twiglet needs a bag the size of a paperback book with the carrying capacity of a large suitcase. :lol:

karia
08-Apr-08, 19:01
Twiglet needs a bag the size of a paperback book with the carrying capacity of a large suitcase. :lol:

Introducing 'Tardis Bag'...available in any colours as long as it's Policebox blue!;)

Sporran
08-Apr-08, 19:34

Introducing 'Tardis Bag'...available in any colours as long as it's Policebox blue!;)

Now that would be the perfect solution, Karia! :-)) Mary Poppins' bag seemed to have an incredible capacity, but a Tardis Bag would definitely outdo that! Just as long as it didn't whisk you off into a parallel time or universe! On the other hand, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea after all! ;-)

karia
08-Apr-08, 19:47
Now that would be the perfect solution, Karia! :-)) Mary Poppins' bag seemed to have an incredible capacity, but a Tardis Bag would definitely outdo that! Just as long as it didn't whisk you off into a parallel time or universe! On the other hand, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea after all! ;-)

We've been in the same checkout queues then Sporran!;)

rich
08-Apr-08, 21:06
A card thingy for getting in the office; a Swiss army knife; a paperback book (Lyndon Johnson. Master of the Senate - over 1,00 pages so I am listing to the left)-two copies of the New York Review of Books; a cell phone; a tape recorder, an electronic diary- a condom (unused!); three pens; keys, a pile of bills (unpaid); reading glasses; raeban sun specs; dental floss; a diary; a large notebook; some dog biscuits (unwrapped, crumbling); a ham and cheese sandwich (beginning to turn up at the edges) one child's sock (dirty) and a bottle of Canadian wine called NIGHT RAIDER with a racoon on the label (the bottle is made of recyclable polyester); and that about does it.....
The best bags to see you through the proliferation of electronic devices indignities and adventures that seem to attend us on our daily commute are of course to be found in Canada. Try this URL for a catalogue:
www.mec.ca

canuck
08-Apr-08, 21:08
A card thingy for getting in the office; a Swiss army knife; a paperback book (Lyndon Johnson. Master of the Senate - over 1,00 pages so I am listing to the left)-two copies of the New York Review of Books; a cell phone; a tape recorder, an electronic diary- a condom (unused!); three pens; keys, a pile of bills (unpaid); reading glasses; raeban sun specs; dental floss; a diary; a large notebook; some dog biscuits (unwrapped, crumbling); a ham and cheese sandwich (beginning to turn up at the edges) one child's sock (dirty) and a bottle of Canadian wine called NIGHT RAIDER with a racoon on the label (the bottle is made of recyclable polyester); and that about does it.....
The best bags to see you through the proliferation of electronic devices indignities and adventures that seem to attend us on our daily commute are of course to be found in Canada. Try this URL for a catalogue:
www.mec.ca (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.mec.ca)

I think this is how I met you, at least in response to the version of it that ran four years ago.

sweetpea
08-Apr-08, 21:15
I've been churning this one over in my head for last day or two because I've got a love/hate relationship with handbags.
I start off the week with only essentials and by time it get's to Wednesday I can't find a thing.(Blame it on the bag and change it for another one!) I try to just go out with my purse and mobile and keys but have to carry a few things through the week for work and usually a paperback in case I'm hanging around.
Handbags string me out!

shhwelle
09-Apr-08, 16:15
Well

I have the usual stuff like hairbrush and perfume etc

I also have books i carry around as well as the odd mp3 player with headphones

Gotta say im shocked by how much doggie stuff i have lying in it

Biscuits...vet receipts...dog toys...dog whistle...poop bags and a ratty sock my dog likes to chew :confused

Time for a clean out i think

Angel
10-Apr-08, 23:33
Well just to let you know...

I was identified by someone to be the person the police were looking for...

And I suspect it was....?

wifie
10-Apr-08, 23:41
dun dun dun