PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Blues

happy_larry
14-Nov-05, 17:49
It can be a very stressful time of year in a large city,maybe not so much in a town the size of Wick,cause its only whatsits and krackers youve got.The shops are very busy,everyone is barging through one another,you have heavy bags of shopping,you cant get past the fat bloke blocking the aisle,the bairns are greeting,your feet are aching,public transport is unreliable,taxis have disappeared off the face of the planet,when a bus does eventually come its full of pensioners and you cant get a seat.the car parks are full,theres traffic jams,when you do manage to get out the shop its freezing cold or pouring of rain,you cant use your brolly cause your weighed down with all your bags and the bairns are still greeting.stress stress stress but its worth it just to see the kids face on xmas morning........and how happy they are playing with the empty card board boxes. so how about this year we cancel the whole thing and relax this december.... http://www..com/images/tombstone.jpg

pie2000
14-Nov-05, 17:54
Hahahahaha that pic is great!!

pie2000
14-Nov-05, 17:59
Hahahahaha that pic is great!!

I now save myself all the stress and do the most o ma shopping online when you can wait till eh kids are in bed and kick back wi a glass o wine in one hand and eh mouse in eh other the bank card is also very handy too!!! No screaming no pushing no parking no queues no stress!!!

Naefearjustbeer
14-Nov-05, 18:00
Thats a cracker :) I bet that would cause a whole world of hurt too oh so many children!

bah humbug roll on january,

krieve
14-Nov-05, 20:15
Thats true happy larry i know a family that are church gowers in a big way (i'm not saying that it is a bad thing) and there little girl had started p1. At christmas time they where talking about santa and what they wanted santa to bring them and the teacher asked her what she wanted from santa she turned round in front of all the p1 and p2 and said santa is'nt real it's our mummy's and daddy's that give us presents they all started crying they where heartbroken . There was alot of angry parents poor kids i loved christmas when i was little it was never the same when u knew santa was'nt real.

angela5
14-Nov-05, 21:28
:( ah! christmas, how i remember those day's, christmas eve was the most exciting night of all, i remember one of those nights very well, i was all tucked up in bed to excited to sleep listening so hard for the jingle of santa's bell's,
i must of been drifting off to sleep when my older brother came in and told me that santa crashed his sleigh and he's dead. i don't think i ever forgave him for upsetting so much, to add to his joke he thought he was so funny and hid all our pressies in the morning leading me to believe it was true, how cruel.

krieve
14-Nov-05, 23:12
what a cruel brother i used to look out the window watching for santa and on christmas eve watching the films about santa i wish i was still a bairn.:)

porshiepoo
14-Nov-05, 23:14
My sister used to have to babysit me and my other sister, and I remember one xmas she told us santa had flown over us and not stopped cos we wouldn't go to sleep. We couldn't we were too excited!! She probably wanted to get back to her boyfriend! Then when we woke up in the early hours and saw our stocking on the end of the beds she wouldn't let us touch them. We laugh about it now though!

Lesta da molesta
14-Nov-05, 23:54
Ryan says he prefers being alone at xmas coz he doesnt have to spend it with his smelly family. especially the bald grumpy one

Bobinovich
15-Nov-05, 09:29
I now save myself all the stress and do the most o ma shopping online when you can wait till eh kids are in bed and kick back wi a glass o wine in one hand and eh mouse in eh other the bank card is also very handy too!!! No screaming no pushing no parking no queues no stress!!!

Me too! I hardly ever bother doing normal shopping now (except for groceries) and have found online buying safe and fast. I tend to stick to well known shops such as Argos, Tesco, Amazon, CD-WOW, Maplin, etc. and many of them are well categorised if I'm needing a little inspiration (i.e. Gifts for Her, etc.)

It's also much nicer than trudging around in whatever the weather is throwing at us, squeezing through aisles full o' people, and all those other lovely things associated with Christmas shopping...

lizzie
19-Nov-05, 11:17
I do all my christmas shopping on-line, nothing beats sitting in the comfort of your own home, all cosy and seeing lots of variety. stuff going out in the cold and standing in the long lines at the checkouts.

moncur
19-Nov-05, 16:01
What I find funny is that when me and my brothers were little (many many years ago!), if we got up far too early, eg 4am, we were told to get back to bed or else we wouldnt get any presents. Nowadays its quite the opposite. I find mum and dad getting up at some ungodly hour (9am) only to be told by their hungover sons that its too early to get up and open presents! Has anyone else had the same experience or am i on my own on this one?

Rheghead
19-Nov-05, 16:25
I'm totally ignoring Xmas this year.

crayola
19-Nov-05, 16:29
Why? I didn't have you down as a Scrooge.

Naefearjustbeer
19-Nov-05, 16:42

I ignore Xmas every year, I celebrate Christmas on Christmas day. If you want to celebrate X go do it quietly somewhere else please.

crayola
19-Nov-05, 16:52
I imagine you're moaning about the X? If you are, you shouldn't (http://www.bartleby.com/61/80/X0008000.html).

If you aren't, then Happy Christmas on the Day.