PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been Up In A Hot Air Balloon?

wifie
02-Apr-08, 19:08
This balloon often passes over near (well not near enough as you can see) our house as it starts it's flight from Perth. I would love to go up in one of these but I am terrified of heights and would probably have to have some sort of therapy before I can do this! Have any orgers been up and what was the experience like?
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2307/virginballoon001ap7.jpg

Deemac
02-Apr-08, 23:39
Not been in a ballon but a helicopter is a similar, superb experience (and I have a serious problem with heights too!!) After the first 100 feet or so you loose all sense of fear (just like flying on a commercial jet plane)

Go for it if you dare:D

Even better when you take the door off and hang out over the edge!!!!! (securely tied in off course)

Also been up in a "cherry-picker" (150feet) this was far more scarry.

meu04223
03-Apr-08, 09:34
i've been in one on holiday in gran canaria it was amazing, we did it at sunrise with 10 or so other people

wifie
03-Apr-08, 10:30
Thanks for the replies. I love flying in aircraft and have always fancied a helicopter ride. Blimey if I get dared - I really try to do the thing! :eek:
Watch this space............

Mik.M.
05-Apr-08, 21:42
Go on Wifie I dare you ! Mik XX

KCI
06-Apr-08, 15:59
I've never been in a hot air balloon before, but my husband and I have always wanted to have a trip in one of them.
I think if there was a company nearer to us, we would jump at the chance.

I'm scared of heights as well, but I think it would be a great experience - and think of the photo opportunities as well! :lol: