PDA

View Full Version : A Photo a Day

North Light
02-Apr-08, 11:42
Late last year it was suggested by one of my contacts on Flickr that I take and post "a photograph a day" for this year, I felt it was an interesting challenge so decided to have a go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/north_light/sets/72157603597653758/

It has proved to be one of the best things I have ever done to improve my photography. It's very easy on a bright warm sunny day to feel inspired, but on a cold wet afternoon after you have been at work, not always so easy to dredge up the inspiration.
It has helped immensely that the contact who suggested the idea has been very supportive and managed to comment every day.
The challenge of producing, or trying to produce, an interesting photograph that meets the standard I aspire to has, I think been extremely positive, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
(Quietly thinks to himself "I hope I can keep this up for the next Nine months!")

If anyone is mad enough to have a go at this, would have to be on Flickr or something similar I guess, I would be only to happy to try and support them with constructive comments.

Raven
02-Apr-08, 12:58
Great idea, but I think its a little late to start just now... I might give this a go next year :-)
There is hardly a day passing where I don`t take any pics at all, I usually end up taking far too many when I am out :-)

Kenn
02-Apr-08, 13:28
I'm just the same Raven, always have a camera to hand, thank goodness for the digital age otherwise the house would be full up with prints!
I do still use a conventional camera with a wide angle lens for sceenery though.

North Light
02-Apr-08, 14:21
Raven, I think I remember being told as a child, "It's never to late to start" :-)
It is a bigger commitment than I thought, but as I have said very worthwhile, and I guess New Year is a logical start point.
How many more sessions has Thurso Camera Club got left this year? Is the next one on Monday?

Lizz, yes there are advantages to digital, but I seem to keep filling Hard Disks up!

wifie
02-Apr-08, 15:13
Some fabulous shots - thanks for sharing North Light (like your name btw - north light is my favourite kind). Will definitely dip in again later in the year to see what you have been up to. Great suggestion from your friend.

North Light
03-Apr-08, 06:57
wifie,
Thanks, I will do my best to keep the standard up.
I was trying to find a "name" that reflected where I took most of my photographs, of the names available North Light seemed to fit. Yes it was a good suggestion, but as I have just told him, it's his turn next year!

Deemac
03-Apr-08, 09:03
Raven, I think I remember being told as a child, "It's never to late to start" :-)
It is a bigger commitment than I thought, but as I have said very worthwhile, and I guess New Year is a logical start point.
How many more sessions has Thurso Camera Club got left this year? Is the next one on Monday?

North Light, The Thurso Camera Club meet again next Monday (7th April). It is down on the dairy as their AGM. I think there is one more meeting after that and they close for the season.

North Light
03-Apr-08, 09:33
Deemac,

Thanks, sounds as though I would be better to leave it till the autumn.