PDA

View Full Version : Hen Party Ideas

Lindsay
02-Apr-08, 11:04
Bring them on....in need of some inspiration as dont know where to start!!!! Any ideas gratefully recieved I can then pass them on to necessary party.
Thanx millions xxx

mccaugm
02-Apr-08, 12:57
Well I just saw a magician advertised in the Courier...that might be different. Going out in Smarties colours...everyone dresses in one given colour. (My friend told me about that one once). Then have a lovely meal in a posh restaurant to confuse the other diners.
I was dressed by my "friends" as Bob The Builder but the less said about that the better,
Give the bride dares to during the evening...
Dress up as WPC's
Dress up as Ballerinas.

Erm thats all I can come up with at the moment.

Lilly
02-Apr-08, 13:46
you can never go wrong with little things like custom t-shirts, whistles, hats/boppers, sash for the bride to be, or say have a colour theme... every1 in black and ????

Also goin out dressed up as fame or something like footballers/refs, army girls costumes that way people can pick up things from around the house, that way your likely to have more people turn up because it doesnt cost a lot of money or they dont have to spend a lot of time getting an outfit ready because they might be busy through the week. its always fun do go out in something different rather than the usual wknd outfit.

Dadie
02-Apr-08, 14:08
I wanted a pampering girlie day of facials, manicures, and beauty treatments a nice dinner and a few drinks instead i got made to wear a t shirt with lots of willys on it didnt enjoy myself sat in the pubs feeling stupid and went home earlier than the rest of them so be careful what you plan and make sure the bride to be would be ok with it! (ask her mum...and at least 3 close friends not only the planner)

Katy
02-Apr-08, 14:23
Depends what kind of things the bride to be and everyone would like to do and numbers as well.
You could go for the usual dinner & pub crawl, or hire somewhere have an Ann Summers Party, games and booze, ten pin bowling is a good laugh too, bus tour aroung Caithness stoppin en route for dinner, Katrina Sutherlands Spa Days are good too if you looking for something more relaxed or if your looking for something more fun Wlliam Ronaldson's Off Road Driving is good fun or Paint Balling?
Carbon Co do printed t-shirts cheap, usually under £10 for him providing the t-shirt and printing whatever you want. E-bay has loads of fancy dress outfits cheap and got anything you can think off.
Hope that gives you some ideas!
Katy x

gemma89
02-Apr-08, 14:23
I wanted a pampering girlie day of facials, manicures, and beauty treatments a nice dinner and a few drinks instead i got made to wear a t shirt with lots of willys on it didnt enjoy myself sat in the pubs feeling stupid and went home earlier than the rest of them so be careful what you plan and make sure the bride to be would be ok with it! (ask her mum...and at least 3 close friends not only the planner)

Thats a shame you didnt enjoy yourself...

A pampering day sounds good tho... .u get beauticians that can come to the house aswell so they can do parties and u have the spa now at occumster (duno hw to spell it) i think shes quite expensive but would probably do package deals... i suppose it all depends on what the bride would enjoy... does she like to be centre off attention or is she one that gets embarrasd easily??
Sayin that thoug you could combine them both and make a day off it... pampering in the morning/afternoon.. out for a meal then dress-up or something to the pubs?? Theres the guy in Thurso that does t-shirts.. hes really good and that way your all dressed the same.

Hope all goes well an she gets a day/night to remember!

Penelope Pitstop
02-Apr-08, 15:10

That's a very good point Dadie...after all it should be the bride's night.

mccaugm
02-Apr-08, 15:13
Thats a shame you didnt enjoy yourself...

A pampering day sounds good tho... .u get beauticians that can come to the house aswell so they can do parties and u have the spa now at occumster (duno hw to spell it) i think shes quite expensive but would probably do package deals... i suppose it all depends on what the bride would enjoy... does she like to be centre off attention or is she one that gets embarrasd easily??
Sayin that thoug you could combine them both and make a day off it... pampering in the morning/afternoon.. out for a meal then dress-up or something to the pubs?? Theres the guy in Thurso that does t-shirts.. hes really good and that way your all dressed the same.

Hope all goes well an she gets a day/night to remember!

How about a girly session in the college. They do great facials, manicures, massages etc...you can book a day and have the place to yourselves. Then have a pub crawl on the weekend.

Venture
02-Apr-08, 15:57
Bring them on....in need of some inspiration as dont know where to start!!!! Any ideas gratefully recieved I can then pass them on to necessary party.
Thanx millions xxx

Found this website Lindsay you might be able to get some ideas from it. Some of them look really good.

http://www.lastnightoffreedom.co.uk/hen-night-ideas/

Dadie
02-Apr-08, 16:00
yep

its always a good idea to get some input from the bride herself I still havent let my friends forget that i hated their idea of a good night wasnt the same as mine... though they still got to be bridesmaids....that was in 2003...not forgotten yet!

Lindsay
02-Apr-08, 17:13
Guys your ideas are great, thanx very much at least we have somewhere to start now! xxx

angela5
02-Apr-08, 18:11
A Checklist is fun to have on a hen night....

Dance with a bald guy.
Kiss the first guy that speaks to you.
Serenade someone.
Blow kisses to a stranger.
Dance on a table.
Collect 3 guys telephone numbers.
Drink 3 shots in a row.
Wink at a guy and lick your lips.
Remove yer bra without leaving the room.
Collect a pair of mens boxers.

Makes me want to have a night out....http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon10.gif[lol]

percy toboggan
02-Apr-08, 20:06
Why don't you find a quiet pub somewhere where you can all get together for a few drinks and a chat? A juke box maybe.

I wouldn't want to tie the knot with anyone who'd been to Angela's party....doubtless they'd feel the same about me...joy!

angela5
02-Apr-08, 20:24
Why don't you find a quiet pub somewhere where you can all get together for a few drinks and a chat? A juke box maybe.

I wouldn't want to tie the knot with anyone who'd been to Angela's party....doubtless they'd feel the same about me...joy!

Funniest thing i've read on here in ages[lol]

trix
02-Apr-08, 20:28
hi angela, are ye remembering its a hen party, no a slap up? :Razz

theres no way i could be bothered wi all 'at crap.....i cana even go a nite oot in wiek - unless mr fattz an chobbers are funkin it up in some dinghy bar :lol:

twa nites in amsterdam wi 'e girls is what i wid go for.....

in fact, dis it hev til choost be lascies. id love til take ma brither too....

never wis one for tradition...

floyed
02-Apr-08, 20:49
A Checklist is fun to have on a hen night....

Dance with a bald guy.
Kiss the first guy that speaks to you.
Serenade someone.
Blow kisses to a stranger.
Dance on a table.
Collect 3 guys telephone numbers.
Drink 3 shots in a row.
Wink at a guy and lick your lips.
Remove yer bra without leaving the room.
Collect a pair of mens boxers.

Makes me want to have a night out....http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

I would'nt want to do any of that on my hen night:D

trix
02-Apr-08, 20:59
I would'nt want to do any of that on my hen night

da ken if yer man wid be happy aboot 'at either eh? :lol:

ye'l be comin til amsterdam wi me ;)

floyed
02-Apr-08, 21:02
da ken if yer man wid be happy aboot 'at either eh? :lol:

ye'l be comin til amsterdam wi me

Certainly wouldn't:eek:

Hell yeh, wouldn't miss it for the world!

angela5
02-Apr-08, 21:21
I would'nt want to do any of that on my hen night

No? You keeping the bald guy for the weekends in the Waterfront.[lol][lol]

Lilly
02-Apr-08, 22:25
I think the dares are a brilliant idea!! Its only fun, theres no harm in it and after all....... its your last night or "freedom"

angela5
02-Apr-08, 22:31
I think the dares are a brilliant idea!! Its only fun, theres no harm in it and after all....... its your last night or "freedom"

All fun intended. I'm all for drinking 3 shots in a row.[lol]

dirdyweeker
02-Apr-08, 23:58
the last night I went to had "dares" lists for all the folks. It sure made the night more exciting. It is after all a good, fun night out.......unless of course that is not your scene.
Whatever you have enjoy it!