PDA

View Full Version : where has the time gone?

brandy
02-Apr-08, 10:54
where has the time gone? all you parents out there im sure know exactly what i mean! dosent it seem like it was only yesterday you were bringing this tiny little bundle of baby home, and you were absolutley terrified that you were going to do something wrong!
remember how you would sit and watch them sleep, wake automatically every few hours of the night and just make sure they are ok, even when they are sleeping peacfully?
you look at them and say, this is my baby, my precious little one, they will always been so little and need me!
then in a blink of an eye they start to grow, and with each little landmark, they become such an individual, so much more grown up, then suddenly they are their own little people, have their own friends, and starting school, have their own wants and needs that you really really try to understand, and in all the mass confusion that your life has turned into you finally just sit down and think.. oh my god, where is the baby i brought home, it cant really have been 5 years ago! oh lordy, im not allowed to call him my baby anymore .. because as ive been told repeatedly, MUM IM NOT A BABY! or thats for babies, or i want ben 10 for my birthday, its not wiggles or thomas any more but big boy things, like ben 10 and spiderman! again where has the time gone?
anyway, sams 5 tomorrow! and he knows it and is letting everyone else know it.. just thought i would share a few memories with you guys.. sam thru the years!
brandy
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/sam/?action=view&current=14697dbd.pbw

balto
02-Apr-08, 10:58
oh i know, the years go in so quick when you have kids, my eldest is going to be 11 this year, it doesnt seem like yesterday we took her home and slept downstairs(well 1st baby was worried that it was to cold upstairs which it turned out it wasnt) now here were are with 3 kids 10,8 ,2.

have you also noticed that when you are a kid the summer holidays and christmas take forever to come round, but now as a parent it comes round to quick.

angela5
02-Apr-08, 11:05
Time flys indeed. Doesn't feel that long ago my son was learning to walk now driving lessons are on the scene!
Balto, the weather was better during the summer holidays for us and seemed to last forever. :D

carasmam
02-Apr-08, 11:44
I know what you mean Brandy. My wee lassie is one later this month and I dont know where the last 12 months have gone. My pal had a baby boy at the weekend :D and when I was holding him I could hardly believe that she was ever that small and fragile :eek:

canuck
02-Apr-08, 11:52
And my wee baby is getting married next month! Indeed the time has just flown by.

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-08, 12:08
Whenever I see a young parent rushing about and trying to fit 18 hours into a 12 hour day it takes me back to my youth and bringing up 3 boys.
My advice to any young parent is to enjoy every moment you can get and then create some more moments. As brandy has pointed out they dont stay young long.If I have one regret about moving this far North is not playing as big a part as we would like in our Grandchildrens every day life.

carasmam
02-Apr-08, 12:11
Whenever I see a young parent rushing about and trying to fit 18 hours into a 12 hour day it takes me back to my youth and bringing up 3 boys.
My advice to any young parent is to enjoy every moment you can get and then create some more moments. As brandy has pointed out they dont stay young long.If I have one regret about moving this far North is not playing as big a part as we would like in our Grandchildrens every day life.

Good advice Kevin. Everyone told me to make the most of her as she isn't little for long and it is so true.

justine
02-Apr-08, 12:16
I know exactly what you mean...I see time as nothing as i have a baby in the house but then my 18 yr old walks through the door and i remember her as a baby...Watching my kids grow has been a fantastic experience for me and i find it hard to think that they are growing so fast on me....:( Wish i could take back the time and have them all over again....Babies are fantastic and so are all cildren, but yes time stands still for no man..

silverfox57
02-Apr-08, 12:32
it is more scarry to watch granchildren grow up as time seems to pass faster,such is life,

ciderally
02-Apr-08, 19:34
my baby of 18 has just moved out on his own...and getting on ...well so far so good ...but i still cant cut the apron strings...boy do i miss the mess and the bad temper in the mornings...so enjoy your little ones they will soon be off on there own

percy toboggan
02-Apr-08, 20:37
Thread reminds me of 'Fairport Convention's' song...
'Who Knows Where the Time goes'

Sandy Denny vocals....poignant ...moving...allied with images/photos it will crack you up.

My daughter is 37 this year and I was 20 when she was born...Son is now 33 ! time flies indeed.

BRIE
03-Apr-08, 10:24
I feel sad when I think how fast theyve grown! my eldest is 17 this year, leaving school & buying a car & I know the next step will be flying the nest! this scares the heck out of me! I still want to wrap him in cotton wool & make sure hes always safe but I know I have to let him stand on his own two feet at some point.Then I scare myself even more by thinking in 20 months I will be at the same place when my other baby turns 17!
doesnt seem 5 minutes since they were born but to them it seems like a life time before their old enough to leave school & get a job.

ciderally
03-Apr-08, 13:17
yea i just cant belive mine is managing on his own.....think an alien has taken him over as he couldent do ought for himself when he was at home...tee hee

justine
03-Apr-08, 13:21
my baby of 18 has just moved out on his own...and getting on ...well so far so good ...but i still cant cut the apron strings...boy do i miss the mess and the bad temper in the mornings...so enjoy your little ones they will soon be off on there own

It scares the life out of me knowing they will all grow up and leave home. Just hope that they have learned alot from me regarding life in general..There are many wonders out there for them to find and i know i will be on tenderhooks wondering, but i know i have to let them fledge..I know when time has gone by when KJ reaches 18, but not for a while yet..And i enjoy my family so much and hope all enjoy watching them do new things, learn new ways and respect and honesty, which seems to be missing so much these days..

Dont start with the alien thing, my auntie believes she has aliens under the floor, it can be a detrimental to health...

ciderally
03-Apr-08, 13:30
yea justine make the most of it while they are with you and enjoy...

squidge
03-Apr-08, 15:09
Having a new baby has made me remember so much about having my oldest boys and how lovely they were. They are still lovely, kind hearted and good company and all still at home yippee.... i think!!!!!lol but i had forgotten how amazing it is to have a new baby and how all consuming your love for that new baby is at the beginning. Im besotted and can make people throw up with how wonderful i think EVERYTHING is just now :rolleyes:. Children grow up and the way you show you love them changes - i would hate to try bouncing my 19 year old on my knee - he is 6'!!! But they are truly our joy and our riches. You are so right time goes so fast we dont have the chance to savour it as much as we should.

BRIE
03-Apr-08, 18:23
I do feel very proud at how my children have turned out, teenagers can be such a hand full & I did wonder if my middle child was ever going to turn into a human being again! the temper tantrums,moods,answering back & refusing to do anything you tell them but recently things have been alot quieter & more peaceful. Yesterday I was watching him walk down the path on his way out to catch the bus when suddenly he darted over to my neighbours car returning with a large box that she was obviously struggling with, I smiled to myself & thought yes he is growing into a nice young man after all!:D

ciderally
03-Apr-08, 18:28
I do feel very proud at how my children have turned out, teenagers can be such a hand full & I did wonder if my middle child was ever going to turn into a human being again! the temper tantrums,moods,answering back & refusing to do anything you tell them but recently things have been alot quieter & more peaceful. Yesterday I was watching him walk down the path on his way out to catch the bus when suddenly he darted over to my neighbours car returning with a large box that she was obviously struggling with, I smiled to myself & thought yes he is growing into a nice young man after all!:D
know what you mean brie..its the little things that count..and if they turn out nice people thats a big bonus...

cuddlepop
03-Apr-08, 20:00
Going through all the old slides of when we were wee has brought back so many lovely memories of when I was growing up.Time then seemed to take ages to past,now it just disappears.

Why is it when your young you've got all the time in the world to do nothing and when your older and need the time there's never eneogh.:confused