PDA

View Full Version : Snow or no Snow?

Seabird
01-Apr-08, 23:07
Are we in for a repeat of Easter Weekend this week ?
There will be a strong wind blowing from the North for several days but will it bring us the horrid white stuff.
Have you an idea of what we can expect Tugmistress ? What do you make of the weather charts ? Do we need to get more coal and dig out the combinations and water bot ?

Colin

Venture
02-Apr-08, 00:27
Think you might be right Seabird. Dosen't look promising for Wick on Saturday or Sunday. Time to bring the winter woolies back out again.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Wick&day=3

lynne duncan
02-Apr-08, 11:05
better tell my neighbours they've just put up their trampoline with a new enclosure can see it going for a flight if that winds come

angela5
02-Apr-08, 11:07
I just packed the thermals away![lol]

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-08, 14:14
I have just been out and put a second coat on 2 windows I painted on Monday and it certainly feels like it could snow.
Walked down Reiss beech yesterday and today and it is unbelievable the difference between 2 days.

rfr10
02-Apr-08, 18:41
Well I'm off to Stornoway so the sea better be calm! Will it be?

Venture
02-Apr-08, 18:55
If the wind speeds stay at what they are predicted to be I doubt if there will be any sailings. The met office are issuing a severe weather warning for Grampian and the Highlands and Islands for Saturday. If you go Friday you might be lucky but it'll be pretty choppy.

http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-MSW-Surf-Charts/1/

You can check sea conditions on the above website.

Tugmistress
02-Apr-08, 19:34
Are we in for a repeat of Easter Weekend this week ?
There will be a strong wind blowing from the North for several days but will it bring us the horrid white stuff.
Have you an idea of what we can expect Tugmistress ? What do you make of the weather charts ? Do we need to get more coal and dig out the combinations and water bot ?

Colin

definately looking at more snow, obviously more on the high ground than the lowlands and coastal areas though. The upper air temp is cold enough for snow from midnight friday through til midnight sunday. regarding wind i reckon it will start friday afternoon/tea buidling with gusts of maybe 50mph from a northerly direction on saturday so definately don't put the woolly knickers away yet! temps will be around 1 or 2c maybe lower during squalls/night down to -2c but with the wind chill it will feeli like about -5c at the coldest. i don't think we will get a huge fall but there is a high risk of some big drifts occuring more so on sunday, but it will quickly turn to rain as monday approaches.

Anne x
03-Apr-08, 18:45
well we had our first BBQ of the year weather was just superb 16 it reached
Garden has suddenly sprung to life and caught up after last weeks snow
now we have snow forecast again for Sat funny weather
So whats new ? :(

carasmam
03-Apr-08, 20:18
Oh no, I hope the snow doesn't come. They might have to postpone the Firewalk on Saturday night :(

dirdyweeker
03-Apr-08, 20:22
hard to believe there is snow around the corner. Temp on car thermometer was 13 degrees today! looks like it will be thermals for my night out Saturday! Will just have to take an extra dram to warm up.:lol:

Mind you I do like the snow so bring it on.........

Thumper
03-Apr-08, 20:35
As long as it is all gone before Tuesday.....the kids NEED to go back to school.....for my sake ;) x

Kevin Milkins
03-Apr-08, 20:49
hard to believe there is snow around the corner. Temp on car thermometer was 13 degrees today! looks like it will be thermals for my night out Saturday! Will just have to take an extra dram to warm up.:lol:

Mind you I do like the snow so bring it on.........

Went for a long walk up the river at Dunbeath today and it was absoulutly gorgeous. The sun was shining the birds were singing.
I do love the spring.

balto
03-Apr-08, 21:33
well heres hoping if we do get more snow then that will be the last of it, i for one am hoping we do get some, just for the kids, you understand lol.

chaz
03-Apr-08, 21:45
well heres hoping if we do get more snow then that will be the last of it, i for one am hoping we do get some, just for the kids, you understand lol.
Yep kids young and old love it lol, mine are off to inverness dancing on saturday so hope its not too bad.

neepnipper
03-Apr-08, 21:45
Oh no, I hope the snow doesn't come. They might have to postpone the Firewalk on Saturday night :(

I too hope it isn't cancelled, I'm sure it will be fine!

balto
03-Apr-08, 21:48
Yep kids young and old love it lol, mine are off to inverness dancing on saturday so hope its not too bad.
oh heres hoping then it isnt to bad for you on saturday, ok i can wait oh sorry the kids can wait to sunday for the snow.[lol][lol]

chaz
03-Apr-08, 22:26
oh heres hoping then it isnt to bad for you on saturday, ok i can wait oh sorry the kids can wait to sunday for the snow.[lol]
I know exactly how they (i) feel :)

olivia
03-Apr-08, 22:36
I hope there isn't much snow for the poor wee lamb's sake that are being born right now. Looking back in my diary for April last year, the weather was brilliant - not shaping up that way this year.

Anne x
05-Apr-08, 13:35
well have you got Snow ?
Its awful Showers here Snow and Hailstones but thankfully with the strong sun its not lying

honey
05-Apr-08, 13:47
hope it doesnt get too bad.. im travelling up with my kids in monday!

chaz
05-Apr-08, 14:05
well have you got Snow ?
Its awful Showers here Snow and Hailstones but thankfully with the strong sun its not lying
Hi Anne, just the same as you at the minuite.My 3 girls are in inverness dancing so hope it hold off till they come home.

Venture
05-Apr-08, 14:13
Hi Anne, just the same as you at the minuite.My 3 girls are in inverness dancing so hope it hold off till they come home.

There is no snow in Wick either though it is cold enough for it and the wind is quite strong. I think we're due snow showers later and the worst of the weather will be during the night and tomorrow with it easing off by Monday..

cuddlepop
05-Apr-08, 14:41
Heavy snow showers here and its lying in some places but as soon as the sun comes out it melts.

Poor wee lambs look so cold.:(

Ash
05-Apr-08, 15:42
getting pretty heavy in thurso and its soo cold!

chaz
05-Apr-08, 17:14
There is no snow in Wick either though it is cold enough for it and the wind is quite strong. I think we're due snow showers later and the worst of the weather will be during the night and tomorrow with it easing off by Monday..
We are between watten and spital and its snowing on and off now, wind is really cold, just taken dogs out came back a bit numb.

trix
05-Apr-08, 18:16
i wis stan'in ayre doin na dishes an it started snowin...gentle til begin wi now its getin a bit heavier....s'really bonnie :D

karia
05-Apr-08, 18:44
Hailstones here in central...and sunshine too!:confused

Wellies
05-Apr-08, 19:42
Heavy snow showers here but not staying. All my lambs are inside on lovely beds of straw in a dutch barn with only one side open, so they are playing like if it is spring:lol: Sorry just looked out window and it has just started to lie.

Ash
05-Apr-08, 19:56
we took aflie out and oh my god, it started snowing slightly then got heavy soo windy and mega cold.... brr glad im inside!

Tighsonas4
05-Apr-08, 19:58
SNOW OR NOT
we have no snow here but is it cold. am going to be like wellies lambs and snuggle down [lol]think of the prices in the spring wellies [lol] tony

Kevin Milkins
05-Apr-08, 20:27
Went for a walk up Reiss beech earlier on and when I got back to the car I thought I was going to have a stroke. The side of my face had gone numb from the cold wind.Soon thawed out though.:lol:

Seabird
05-Apr-08, 22:25
Just got back to Lybster from Foress snow showers on and off all the way.
Some places have a couple of inches, roads are getting white in places especially Caithness side of Ord.
Car temp showing -2.5c.
I think it's time for a dram before hiberation until Summer, i'll have to set the clock for August me thinks.

Colin

quiteone
05-Apr-08, 23:16
snowing again in wick starting to lie too.........:Razz

Ricco
06-Apr-08, 08:41
Snow? We got snow... around 6cm now in the last 1 1/2 hours. Woohoo!

helenwyler
06-Apr-08, 09:16
It's snowing on my tulips and forget-me-nots down here in Hertfordshire. :eek:. Beautiful but very odd!

Munro
06-Apr-08, 09:54
We have got about 75mm of the white stuff this is the most we have seen in this corner of West Sussex in many years.

skimeister
06-Apr-08, 10:10
Yup we have at least 75mm here in South London. Not seen this much snow here ever :D

Kenn
06-Apr-08, 12:28
Been snowing heavily on the south coast for the last four hours!
Not seen this much snow in years.

Venture
06-Apr-08, 12:59
Not even a snowflake here. Some showers last night but gone by this morning. Bright and sunny but very cold earlier on.

Foxy
06-Apr-08, 15:22
It's snowing here and really cold. :eek: