PDA

View Full Version : Popeye!

percy toboggan
01-Apr-08, 18:55
Some one has just mentioned spinach on another thread and this reminded me I'm trying to locate some Popeye dvd's. I'd clean forgotten !
Does anyone else have fond memories of this fellow from their childhood?
I expect e.bay is the first place to look.

angela5
01-Apr-08, 18:57
There is loads of popeye dvds on Amazon.

dirdyweeker
01-Apr-08, 18:58
certainly loads of Popeye dvds on ebay! A great price too. An old favourite I well remember watching.:D

Kevin Milkins
01-Apr-08, 19:14
I cant remember why, but I have him tatooed on my arm.
Signs of a misspent youth.

TBH
01-Apr-08, 21:41
Here's some online streams for you to watch if your interested:

http://www.watchfilms.com/cartoons/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.watchfilms.com/cartoons/)

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1818105wpfHRctH?c=classiccartoons123

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-08, 22:19
Had totally forgot about Popeye,until the wife got a photo message from a friend.Cannae explain it,cos its too rude,but man it was funny.Loved Popeye cartoons.How could a wee sailor become such a hero wi a wee bit o spinach.So one day I tried it,I dinnae ken which one was greener,me or the spinach.:lol:

2little2late
01-Apr-08, 22:35
Had totally forgot about Popeye,until the wife got a photo message from a friend.Cannae explain it,cos its too rude,but man it was funny.Loved Popeye cartoons.How could a wee sailor become such a hero wi a wee bit o spinach.So one day I tried it,I dinnae ken which one was greener,me or the spinach.:lol:

Come to think of it Cedric, you do bear some resemblance to Popeye. Think it could be the follically challenged part of you. [lol]

TBH
01-Apr-08, 22:36
Had totally forgot about Popeye,until the wife got a photo message from a friend.Cannae explain it,cos its too rude,but man it was funny.Loved Popeye cartoons.How could a wee sailor become such a hero wi a wee bit o spinach.So one day I tried it,I dinnae ken which one was greener,me or the spinach.:lol:Did the chlorophylle interfere with yur melanin?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-08, 22:39
Come to think of it Cedric, you do bear some resemblance to Popeye. Think it could be the follically challenged part of you. [lol]

I'm not follically challenged ma jokemeister,I'm just bald.[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-08, 22:41
Did the chlorophylle interfere with yur melanin?

Did the WHIT interfere with ma WHIT?[lol]

TBH
01-Apr-08, 22:50
Did the WHIT interfere with ma WHIT?[lol]The chlorophylle gives plants their green colour, melanin gives you yours.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-08, 22:53
The chlorophylle gives plants their green colour, melanin gives you yours.

Aye well its definitely the chlorophylle that makes ma healthy melanin colour green.The movie Popeye though,Robin Williams was brilliant as Popeye,why did they no cast Brian Blessed as Bluto,HELLO!!![lol]

Snarfer
01-Apr-08, 22:59
Some one has just mentioned spinach on another thread and this reminded me I'm trying to locate some Popeye dvd's. I'd clean forgotten !

I was in woolies the otherday and saw the Robin Williams popeye DVD. That brought back memories that was the first movie I remember seeing n the cinema

TBH
01-Apr-08, 23:00
Aye well its definitely the chlorophylle that makes ma healthy melanin colour green.The movie Popeye though,Robin Williams was brilliant as Popeye,why did they no cast Brian Blessed as Bluto,HELLO!!![lol]
I reckon popey and Bluto had an unrequited love for each other and Olive Oyl was just a flag of convenience for them both.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-08, 23:06
I reckon popey and Bluto had an unrequited love for each other and Olive Oyl was just a flag of convenience for them both.

Away,Popeye was in lurve with Olive,they had wee sweatpea......nae sperm donors wi that.Bluto wanted Olive for his own.Popeye in the future,looked to his monitor ,"The computer says...NO":lol:

TBH
01-Apr-08, 23:28
Away,Popeye was in lurve with Olive,they had wee sweatpea......nae sperm donors wi that.Bluto wanted Olive for his own.Popeye in the future,looked to his monitor ,"The computer says...NO":lol:I really do think popeye was a founder member of the Village people.[lol] B.L.U.T.O

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Apr-08, 23:38
I really do think popeye was a founder member of the Village people.[lol] B.L.U.T.O

LOL.Billy Connolly dressed as a Brownie for another one.The humour is very surreal tonight.LOL

TBH
01-Apr-08, 23:55
LOL.Billy Connolly dressed as a Brownie for another one.The humour is very surreal tonight.LOLAch, beely hed a banana fetish that was pretty surreal. Popeye was subjugated by Bluto. Bluto could have had Olive any time he wanted and the spinach thing was a coping mechanism dreamed up by Popeye to negate his feeling of utter uselessness. I still reckon Popeye saw Bluto as an alpha male and would if Female liked to have had his little Blutettes for him.

anneoctober
03-Apr-08, 19:59
I cant remember why, but I have him tatooed on my arm.
Signs of a misspent youth.
Is it on the "Tin busting" arm OR the pipe arm Kev? :confused[lol]

bobandag16
03-Apr-08, 20:15
yes before he eats his spinach . my favourite saying. i can stand no more.

Kevin Milkins
03-Apr-08, 20:18
Is it on the "Tin busting" arm OR the pipe arm Kev? :confused[lol]

The tin busting harm.lol

percy toboggan
03-Apr-08, 21:26
I've bought 25 cartoons for £.49...but the 'seller' is dragging his heels...no addy for the cheque yet...paypal puh!

I'm looking forward to seeing the wee mans biceps expand, bump on bump...until the little pingy one at the top ..they can't touch you for it !
Oh! and little Sweetpea crawling all over that building site...fortuitously swinging girders saving his every fall.
He's Popeye the Sailorman.....

balto
03-Apr-08, 21:30
oh i remember popeye very well , he was great, also worzel and aunt sally and stig of the dump oh and super gran why cant they remake any of that.