PDA

View Full Version : Tesco direct delivery

emszxr
01-Apr-08, 16:12
i ordered a tv unit from tescos direct online and was told it would be with me last thursday. waited about all day and no delivery. phoned and the apologised and said the courier should call me an hour before delivery . so i asked for my postage costs back and then thought that it woiuld be delivered friday. but no an nothing on saturday. i phoned yesterday and was told that the date of my original delivery on thursday was actually when it would be delivered to their sub contractor courier. so why did i recieve a text messgae on wed night saying i would recieve my delivery on the thur. i was told yesterday i would be called by this morning by their delivery company but still nothing by midday , so called again, this time getting more annoyed. and was told again would be contacted by the courier today, but still nothing. i am told they used peter grahams to deliver. i am sure i have heard of this comapny before when i was doing deliveries myself.
i am wondering if anyone has had a tescos large item delievry and who it was done by.
but the service i have found is totally shocking and will think twic ebaout using it again.

justine
01-Apr-08, 16:49
Yep we ordered our computer from them last year and it took nearly 2 weeks to arrive after them promising it would be here five days after the puchase...Now i go to the store, less hassle and more convienient...I would make an official complaint about this to the company..Its ridiculous how long things take..But then its better than argos...about 6 yrs agowe ordered a suit from argos and was told delivery would be 6 weeks...That date came and went and it ended up taking nearly 6 mths for it to arrive....Why do we bother....

rupert
01-Apr-08, 17:14
That seems to be the case up here for whatever you order and from whom ever.

It seems to get to Inverness by the likes of DHL by the next day and then they sub-contract to all these tiny little courier outfits who we see flying around the county.

To top it all you can just about guarantee that the stuff is damaged or at least the outer packaging by the time it eventually gets to you.

Saying that though, I was most impressed by a knock at my door at 7.30pm on Christmas Eve - it was a poor courier driver trying to find an address nearby to deliver something before Christmas. Bearing in mind he had still to do his delivery and get back to Inverness I had to feel quite sorry for him!

emszxr
01-Apr-08, 17:47
well i gave up. i am not a happy bunny. just called tescos who cant give me a number for their courier as its a direct internal number they have for them . was told now the message i got yesterday that i would be called either today or tomorrow morning. they are a complete joke, so i cancelled the order. i will be complaining.