PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Cats Protection

Liz
01-Apr-08, 14:31
Our future is in jeopardy due to lack of volunteers so, if you don't want this branch to close, please go along to the Volunteer Recruitment Drive in the Norseman Hotel on Saturday 5th April between 10am and 3pm.
Unfortunately our Co-ordinator (who does a lot more besides) is resigning due to family and work committments and I am unable to do as much due to illness.
So please for the sake of all the poor strays and unwanted cats and kittens I hope we can get all the volunteers we need to ensure that Caithness Cats Protection can continue its good work.

emszxr
01-Apr-08, 16:15
is it just volunteers in caithness that can do it.

Liz
01-Apr-08, 16:53
We help in some areas of Sutherland as well. If you are interested in helping could you pm me with your address and/or email address and I could get someone to contact you?

Thanks!

Ash
01-Apr-08, 16:55
what kinda work would it involve

Liz
01-Apr-08, 17:01
what kinda work would it involve

There a lot of posts to be filled and what you can do depends on your circumstances ie whether you can drive and how much time you have available.

If anyone who can't make the meeting is interested please pm me with your details and I can pass it onto the area co-ordinator.

Of course the more people there are the better as work can be divided better rather than one or two people having to do it all as is the current situation.

KCI
06-Apr-08, 15:24
Liz, I didn't get a chance to go in on Saturday - how did it go?

Did many people turn up?
Have you managed to get any more volunteers?

The good thing about volunteer work is that you can even just help out for a couple of hours a week, which doesn't sound like much, but it can be a huge help.

Keep us posted on how things are going. :)

Liz
06-Apr-08, 17:35
Afraid I didn't manage to go myself so haven't heard how it went yet but will get back to you.

Many thanks to those of you who pm'd me to offer your help. This is greatly appreciated and, hopefully, we will get enough volunteers to ensure the good work will continue.

Liz
07-Apr-08, 13:54
I have been in touch with the person who organised the recruitment drive and she said it went quite well despite the bad weather.

Thanks to those who attended and those who have contacted me by PM we should have enough to,hopefully, fill the vacant posts.

However, if anyone else can help please get in touch with me. The more the merrier! Also less work to do as it will be shared.:D

KCI
07-Apr-08, 14:04
I'm glad it was a success, Liz. :)

Liz
07-Apr-08, 17:50
Thanks! So am I.

Really hope we will get all the vacant posts filled and secure the future of the branch.

If anyone else would like to help (thanks again to those have contacted me already)then please pm me.

The more the merrier! Also less work as it can be shared.:D

Liz
06-May-08, 12:22
I am extremely sad to say that there was a very disappointing turnout to the meeting on Saturday 3rd May to appoint new volunteers.

In fact only four new people turned up!:(

At this rate the branch may have to close which will be awful as we have helped so many cats and kittens over the years.

Surely in the whole of Caithness there are enough people who care about the welfare of cats to be able to spare a few hours a month to help them?

Mr P Cannop
06-May-08, 12:51
sorry i was unable to attend as i hurt my ankle but am still interest in helping out

Liz
06-May-08, 13:50
That's okay. Hope your ankle gets better soon.

Macwull
06-May-08, 14:18
What sort of jobs etc would the volunteers be required to do? Thanks MacWull

Liz
06-May-08, 14:24
What sort of jobs etc would the volunteers be required to do? Thanks MacWull

It would depend on what volunteers would be able and/or willing to do. We need:-

Fundraiser
Transportation (ie taking cats to and from vets and to fosterers)
Helpline Operators
Secretary
Co-ordinator
Welfare Officer (responsible for care of the cats in foster care)
Homing Officer (carrying out home checks on potential owners.
PR officer.

As you can see we really do need help to ensure the future of the branch.

Unfortunately, due to ill health, I am 'retiring' and it would break my heart if the Branch closed as I know, having been involved for many years, just how much help the cats and kittens of Caithness need!

fuzz24
06-May-08, 16:11
Liz I got an email from Lona Johnson saying that she would send me out an imformation pack but i've never received it yet! I've got my own transport, also have experience trianing as a vet nurse, which includes paper work so Please, PLEASE call me if i'm needed!!!!:Razz x

Liz
06-May-08, 17:40
Liz I got an email from Lona Johnson saying that she would send me out an imformation pack but i've never received it yet! I've got my own transport, also have experience trianing as a vet nurse, which includes paper work so Please, PLEASE call me if i'm needed!!!!:Razz x

I am really sorry about that! Did you get an invitation to the meeting on Sat 3rd May?

Mr P Cannop
07-May-08, 05:59
hi liz what would your group need help in doing ??

fuzz24
07-May-08, 09:04
Nop liz didn't know anything about the meeting!:confused

Liz
07-May-08, 12:52
hi liz what would your group need help in doing ??

I posted a list of vacancies.See above.

Nop liz didn't know anything about the meeting!:confused

I am really, really sorry as all potential volunteers were supposed to have been sent a letter about the meeting by HQ.:roll:

Mr P Cannop
07-May-08, 15:55
liz i did not get any letters too

Liz
10-May-08, 12:32
Many thanks indeed to all of you who pm'd me offering to help.:D

Hopefully, the Caithness branch of Cats Protection will be able to continue with it's much needed work.

Mr P Cannop
10-May-08, 13:44
hi liz

are you still looking for help ??