PDA

View Full Version : Shower-trance

elaine
01-Apr-08, 13:30
I have a problem.

Every morning in the shower I go into a Shower-Trance.

When you stand in the shower staring into space no matter how late you are or how much you have to do? Then snap out of it 30 minutes later with crinkly fingers and conditioner running down your face?

Here is my theory:

In the shower I end up running through everything I have to do that day and everything that I forgot to do yesterday, etc etc

I think my head is like Windows XP in the shower. When there are too many programs running the screen freezes (shower-trance). I then somehow have to access my task manager and start shutting down the current programs which are NOT RESPONDING. The only problem is, I don't have a task manager (I need to get one of those!).

It is becoming a nightmare - I am getting later and later and now I'm also making my other half late. ;-( He has made several suggestion as to where my ctl, alt, delete keys may be, but none of them are constructive (he thinks he's sooo funny).

Anyone else suffer from Shower-Trance?

Kevin Milkins
01-Apr-08, 13:52
I am not sure that I go in to a trance ,but the shower we have just happens to be the best shower we have ever had and I just love being in there'
It is a good place to think about the day gone and the day ahead though.
Have you tried setting the temprature a bit cooler that helps to reboot the system.

Angel
01-Apr-08, 23:26
work the other way round... file away what's been done... wash it away into the recycle bin... accept there is only so much soap in a bar or shampoo in a bottle... don't let the muck of yesterday control what will be a fresh clean day...

TBH
01-Apr-08, 23:37
Whatever happened to the good old relaxing bath?

Metalattakk
02-Apr-08, 00:12
Watch out for the dreaded Blue Shower Screen Of Death. ;)

marlyn
02-Apr-08, 09:38
Yes, I have the same problem! I am sure my husband thinks it is only me that does the trance thing!

Like you Kevin Milkins this is the best shower we have ever had and I love being in there - all husband can complain about is the price of oil and how much I use having 1 shower!!

Off for shower now - husband is at work - hehe!

MadPict
02-Apr-08, 10:56
Watch out for the dreaded Blue Shower Screen Of Death. ;)

BSD...
That only happens in the bath - Blue Screen of Drowning

Ricco
02-Apr-08, 20:12
Elaine - this sounds quite serious. I would see my GP.

northener
02-Apr-08, 20:40
You'll be OK as long as the Trance is broken before you get out of the bathroom.

Standing in Tescos wearing nothing but a shower cap and brandishing a loofah could cause you problems.......

chaz
02-Apr-08, 21:55
Whatever happened to the good old relaxing bath?

My favorite part of the day :) I adore the bath, shower ok to wake up,but nothing like a hot soak.

Angel
02-Apr-08, 21:57
You'll be OK as long as the Trance is broken before you get out of the bathroom.

Standing in Tescos wearing nothing but a shower cap and brandishing a loofah could cause you problems.......

I have done that so many times.... in my dreams that is...

bobandag16
03-Apr-08, 21:38
I have a problem.

Every morning in the shower I go into a Shower-Trance.

When you stand in the shower staring into space no matter how late you are or how much you have to do? Then snap out of it 30 minutes later with crinkly fingers and conditioner running down your face?

Here is my theory:

In the shower I end up running through everything I have to do that day and everything that I forgot to do yesterday, etc etc

I think my head is like Windows XP in the shower. When there are too many programs running the screen freezes (shower-trance). I then somehow have to access my task manager and start shutting down the current programs which are NOT RESPONDING. The only problem is, I don't have a task manager (I need to get one of those!).

It is becoming a nightmare - I am getting later and later and now I'm also making my other half late. ;-( He has made several suggestion as to where my ctl, alt, delete keys may be, but none of them are constructive (he thinks he's sooo funny).

Anyone else suffer from Shower-Trance?
turn to cold you will soon wake up

Kevin Milkins
03-Apr-08, 22:05
I was listening to radio 2 yesterday and they invited people to phone in with energy saving ideas that have never been heared of before.
One guy phoned in and said " I have fitted the pullswitch for the power of the shower on the outside of the bathroom and my daughters are allowed a 4 min shower, any longer and I take matters into my own hands"
Very original I thought.:lol:

marlyn
04-Apr-08, 08:52
I was listening to radio 2 yesterday and they invited people to phone in with energy saving ideas that have never been heared of before.
One guy phoned in and said " I have fitted the pullswitch for the power of the shower on the outside of the bathroom and my daughters are allowed a 4 min shower, any longer and I take matters into my own hands"
Very original I thought.:lol:

PLEASE!!! don't tell my husband that one - he would definitely do that!! He already sends the kids up to ask what is taking me so long.

maggie
04-Apr-08, 11:54
Elaine, I don't remember you having this "shower trance" thing when you stayed at home. Perhaps you should just downgrade completely to audio cassettes. I'll record a tape and you could play it (on a cassette recorder I found in your dad's cupboard of relics) and after ten minutes I would simply start shouting at you, increasing in volume, to "get out of the shower". Certainly worked when you were at school!![lol]
Let me know,
Mum