PDA

View Full Version : April Fools

justine
31-Mar-08, 15:25
Ok so im interested whats the funniest/worst april fools you have had done to you or have done...

I remember living in germany with he army and it coming over the B.F.B.S Radio station that there would be no more tax free cigerettes or alcohol to be gotten in the NAAFI... now this caused wide panic amongst British Military personel, so eventtualy they had to reveal that it was a April Fools hoax...

lets have some stories, as is tomorrow guys....

telfordstar
31-Mar-08, 19:06
A few years ago I told my mum I was pregnant as an april fool. A few weeks later I discovered I was and had to go back and say that I was pregnant for real not to say she laughed and said haha thats what you get:lol::lol:

So now I say nothing at all.

anneoctober
31-Mar-08, 20:06
Ok so im interested whats the funniest/worst april fools you have had done to you or have done...

I remember living in germany with he army and it coming over the B.F.B.S Radio station that there would be no more tax free cigerettes or alcohol to be gotten in the NAAFI... now this caused wide panic amongst British Military personel, so eventtualy they had to reveal that it was a April Fools hoax...

lets have some stories, as is tomorrow guys....
Can't help I'm afraid Justine, being blonde - it's just another day to me........... :eek:[lol]

anneoctober
31-Mar-08, 20:08
A few years ago I told my mum I was pregnant as an april fool. A few weeks later I discovered I was and had to go back and say that I was pregnant for real not to say she laughed and said haha thats what you get

So now I say nothing at all.
I reckon "granny" was laughin all e way til e wool shop !! Love your story Tel, was it a wee girl or boy?! [lol]

justine
31-Mar-08, 20:36
never seen you as being blonde anneoctober.....

Kevin Milkins
31-Mar-08, 21:45
It always made me very nervous April fools day as my 3 sons liked to play pranks and so did I.
Every year we seemed to get each other with somthing silly.
Good old days.
I might hatch a plan for the wife. HE HE HE

justine
31-Mar-08, 21:49
It always made me very nervous April fools day as my 3 sons liked to play pranks and so did I.
Every year we seemed to get each other with somthing silly.
Good old days.
I might hatch a plan for the wife. HE HE HE

Im on this one with you, i dare not think what thekids have in mind for us..I know i used to play alot of pranks on my dad as he had a sense of humour, my mum well never saw the funny side of the april fools.....
salt in his cup of tea when i was a kid was the one we got him with most years, but they got worse as we got older...

I remember one year we deflated the tyres onhis car but he went mental, so we did not do that one again...

highlandlassie
31-Mar-08, 22:53
My ex boyfriend sent his little brother to the chemist for a packet of fallopian tubes. The woman in the chemist laughed and when he said his brother sent him she told him to tell him they cost £10. Poor boy thought he was getting a packet of sweets. Also my mum was set years ago when computers first came out. My brother printed out a letter saying that she had won a big prize and it was not a sales pitch. She phoned the number on the letter to claim her prize and asked for Mr C Lyon, she still laughs today when she thinks about it as it was London zoo.

telfordstar
31-Mar-08, 22:53
I reckon "granny" was laughin all e way til e wool shop !! Love your story Tel, was it a wee girl or boy?! [lol]

She was yes funnily enough:lol: It was a wee girl born in the december.

justine
31-Mar-08, 23:05
My ex boyfriend sent his little brother to the chemist for a packet of fallopian tubes. The woman in the chemist laughed and when he said his brother sent him she told him to tell him they cost £10. Poor boy thought he was getting a packet of sweets. Also my mum was set years ago when computers first came out. My brother printed out a letter saying that she had won a big prize and it was not a sales pitch. She phoned the number on the letter to claim her prize and asked for Mr C Lyon, she still laughs today when she thinks about it as it was London zoo.

my oh told a story about when he was working with the roads depo, and they had a new recruit and they sent him down to the yard to ask for a glass hammer, and yes he went...

sweetpea
01-Apr-08, 00:01
I was sent for a 'long stand' once;)

The Angel Of Death
01-Apr-08, 10:03
Got the wee brother in law to put blue food colouring in a pint of milk and to leave it in the fridge mother in law thought the ink from the label had seeped through the plastic (yes I know control your laughing) she was all on for taking it back to Safeway's to complain and report it as a faulty batch ( I would have killed to see that) but he fessed up and blabbed thinking he would get in trouble

Best thing is I actually started to get worried and imagined all the milk getting binned from Safeway's

mccaugm
01-Apr-08, 10:52
My friend (now sadly deceased) told his girlfriend that peppers were grown in square shapes so they would fit in the boxes and she believed him.

I was once sent to get someone to answer the phone at work, boss told me his surname and then his first name, so I then shouted into the canteen. Phil McCracken. I was mortified.

carasmam
01-Apr-08, 11:57
I was sent for a 'long stand' once;)

Did you get the big weight to go with it ;)

silverfox57
01-Apr-08, 13:54
in the 1960ths was sent by my tradesman to diy shop for sky hooks ? felt a right fool,