PDA

View Full Version : New Bingo Complex for wick

Fran
14-Nov-05, 02:39
:p have you heard that one of the big leisure clubs are planning to build a huge bingo Hall in wick. this will affect the clubs in wick.....and Thurso, but I expect it will be welcomed by a lot of people, especially those who travel to Inverness to play bingo.

twee dledum
14-Nov-05, 04:02
:D wheres it gonna be?

Chillie
14-Nov-05, 04:21
I heard its gonna be in e old Doms site:eek:

scotsboy
14-Nov-05, 08:18
People travel to Inverness to play bingo!!!

Doleve
14-Nov-05, 14:50
And then they complai about the cost of petrol,youd save a fortune by walking to the ft club for bingo!!!
Anything, even flatening the old doms site would be a HUGE improvement on Wick

lizzie
19-Nov-05, 11:36
And then they complai about the cost of petrol,youd save a fortune by walking to the ft club for bingo!!!
Anything, even flatening the old doms site would be a HUGE improvement on Wick

to make a hugh improvement you'd need to flatten more than the dom's site,
there are so many boarded up buildings it's an eye sore.
A bingo complex i think that's another rumor.

watman
19-Nov-05, 13:11
Where did you hear about that Fran? I think it would be a good idea. The old dominos would be an ideal site but there has been so many rumours about that place. I remember a couple of years ago there was plans to turn the remains of the dominos into a leisure complex with cinema, theatre etc, whatever happened to that? The site is not only an eyesore but a health and safety hazard. Its about time it was completely demolished even if nothing is put in its place. So come on Highland Council sort it out once and for all and get some pride back into our town centre.

lizzie
19-Nov-05, 13:42
there is always rumors, it was'nt to long ago i heard exactly that, what next a shopping mall?

Fran
20-Nov-05, 03:44
I dont think it is a rumour......remember the rumour about Tesco, that is no longer a rumour but fact.
one of the clubs managers expressed his concern at the clubs loosing out when the new bingo complex comes, it is definetly true.

Naefearjustbeer
20-Nov-05, 03:47
People travel to Inverness to play bingo!!!

people have been known to go to inverness for a bacon bouble cheeseburger from burger king. I even know someone who went to edinburgh for some rock!!

Bobinovich
20-Nov-05, 21:12
people have been known to go to inverness for a bacon bouble cheeseburger from burger king. I even know someone who went to edinburgh for some rock!!

:cool: Guilty as charged!! I remember finishing work at 4pm and heading down with a few mates for a take-away, which we ate on the way back up, and managing to get ice cream in Brora on the way home too. Ahh the good old bad old days.

Oh yeah, the Northern Sands in Dunnet did a humungous 7" burger on a bun around the same time. A meal in itself!

Gawd the memories are flooding back - how about sitting down to play cards with the same mates on a Sunday evening, with a BIG bar of Galaxy and a 2 litre bottle of fizzy EACH!

No wonder I need to loose weight!!! No tut's please LB!!

Gogglebox
20-Nov-05, 21:51
Hey Bobinovich you are still on that diet paln of galaxy, burgers and fizzy drinks arent you - - -looked like it when i seen you last haha!!

Bingo hall in Caithness would be good as it would shake up all the clubs who are very complacent in their approach to their customers - may cause some to dwindle but thats market forces if they are good to their customers the clubs customers will still come. The Viewfirth was one that was complacent and suffers for it now with a much reduced bingo clientele

Moonboots
21-Nov-05, 14:03
Its true Bobinovich thats why u have a big car...lol

Yeah... when i hit inverness, whats the first thing i do... go to McDonalds...lol

I like a good game of bingo too so I hope its Mecca or it could be Carlton as they have a club in inverness.

krieve
21-Nov-05, 14:27
I saw work men outside the old doms site today but they were just replacing a board on the front of it.