PDA

View Full Version : would you use it?

Ash
31-Mar-08, 09:07
I was reading a magazine article last night about a new electronic cigarette, where you puff away on an atomiser, its meant to be more healthy because although it contains nicotine it has no fire, tar or other harmful chemicals like you find in tobacco products, also no smoke hangs in they air, some bars are sellinh nicotine cocktails, they are said to have a 10th of the nicotine in a drink, the thought of that makes me feel sick, what do others think.... would any smokers use this?

MGM
31-Mar-08, 09:15
I would maybe try this if i wanted to stop smoking cause it would probably put me off nicotine!! I definately wouldnt like to try the cocktails though, that just sounds wrong!

mccaugm
31-Mar-08, 09:22
Why not just give up, if the atomiser thingie is supposed to make it more healthy to smoke, that just means smoking is unhealthy, anyway((which has been proven beyond doubt). Just give up, rather than trying an alternative. My hubby tried those plastic cigarette thingies, he hated the gum and sweets as the flavour of nicotine was, in his opinion, awful. Sadly he has not given up fully but I am working on him.

Venture
31-Mar-08, 09:28
I was reading a magazine article last night about a new electronic cigarette, where you puff away on an atomiser, its meant to be more healthy because although it contains nicotine it has no fire, tar or other harmful chemicals like you find in tobacco products, also no smoke hangs in they air, some bars are sellinh nicotine cocktails, they are said to have a 10th of the nicotine in a drink, the thought of that makes me feel sick, what do others think.... would any smokers use this?

Here is a link to what Ash is talking about.

http://www.electronic-cigarette-uk.co.uk/

golach
31-Mar-08, 09:33
At Midnight tonight 6 years ago, I finished my last cigarette, and with the help of Nicotine Patches, and going out and purchasing a new computer, printer as a wee incentive to me to stop. Well I did with the threat from Mrs G that if I ever smoked again, I was to choose a window, as my computer would go out of that window, and then me after it. Now I dont know if it was the patches that worked or the threat of going out of a second floor window that did it, but I have never smoked or wanted to since.[lol]

mccaugm
31-Mar-08, 09:36
At Midnight tonight 6 years ago, I finished my last cigarette, and with the help of Nicotine Patches, and going out and purchasing a new computer, printer as a wee incentive to me to stop. Well I did with the threat from Mrs G that if I ever smoked again, I was to choose a window, as my computer would go out of that window, and then me after it. Now I dont know if it was the patches that worked or the threat of going out of a second floor window that did it, but I have never smoked or wanted to since.[lol]

I wish my hubby would take the hint, however he is a technical whizz kid so throwing his computer out of the window would result in divorce. I have tried persuasion, guilt, gurning about the smell of his clothes and his breath - you name it. As soon as I nag he goes on the defensive. Any suggestions?

MGM
31-Mar-08, 09:55
The only thing that will make someone stop is them wanting to stop and alot of willpower. I have tried using patches but wasnt determined enough to stop at the time so i failed and also i got a rash from the patches which made me stop using them. At the moment i am trying to cut down so i have stoped smoking in the house which has resulted in me smoking half the amount i used to which is a step in the right direction.

EDDIE
31-Mar-08, 16:39
Why not just give up, if the atomiser thingie is supposed to make it more healthy to smoke, that just means smoking is unhealthy, anyway((which has been proven beyond doubt). Just give up, rather than trying an alternative. My hubby tried those plastic cigarette thingies, he hated the gum and sweets as the flavour of nicotine was, in his opinion, awful. Sadly he has not given up fully but I am working on him.

i have tried the gum and it taste awful tried the plastic cigarette didnt work for me but i did try the 21mg 12 hour patchworked a treat never had a craving whatsoever but its when u drop down a size in patch thats when u start to feel it

cuddlepop
31-Mar-08, 16:48
I wish my hubby would take the hint, however he is a technical whizz kid so throwing his computer out of the window would result in divorce. I have tried persuasion, guilt, gurning about the smell of his clothes and his breath - you name it. As soon as I nag he goes on the defensive. Any suggestions?

I would love my OH to stop and so would he but just not eneogh.:(

He's on the rollees and they stink more than ciggies but are significantly cheaper.
As to the electronic gizmo,he'd probably take apart to see how it works while lighting up a fag.:roll:

DeHaviLand
31-Mar-08, 21:08

Aye, dont nag him about stopping. By all means encourage him, but no nagging. Dont tell him his breath stinks when he smokes, but after he's brushed his teeth, tell him how nice his breath smells. Same with his clothes, when he puts on fresh clothes, compliment him on how good they smell ( even tho it was you that washed them). Accentuate the positive, beats nagging hands down.:)

northener
31-Mar-08, 21:12

Buy leccy ciggy, connect up to nearest overhead pylon.

Stick ciggy in vile smelling partners' gob and throw breaker.

End of problem.

And partner.

Which could be a good or bad thing.

:confused:

rfr10
31-Mar-08, 21:18
They shouldn't be marketing it as a cigarette. They should be marketing it as something to help stop smoking. They should be inventing new things to stop people ruining their lives by smoking, not creating new products which only reduce the effects of smoking. What good is it going to be to a smoker? If they can change from normal cigarettes to using this product, they may aswell just stop smoking as the only use of cigarettes is to damage your health so why use a product that will stop damaging your health unless you're planning stopping smoking.

Fran
01-Apr-08, 00:24
It is now 2 weeks since I had a cigarette, without the help of patches etc, just willpower as i want to be a non smoker again, but today i have been very tempted. I dont feel any better for not smoking. A little stress and i need a cigarette, but so far Ive resisted to temptation.As long as i have a pack in the house i am ok!!

mccaugm
01-Apr-08, 09:06
It is now 2 weeks since I had a cigarette, without the help of patches etc, just willpower as i want to be a non smoker again, but today i have been very tempted. I dont feel any better for not smoking. A little stress and i need a cigarette, but so far Ive resisted to temptation.As long as i have a pack in the house i am ok!!

I am a non-smoker so do not have cigarettes as a fall back when I am stressed. Think on this, when you have a cigarette when stressed, it actually makes you feel worse because it raises your blood pressure. Alternatives, eat an apple, phone a friend, squeeze a stress ball, chew gum, just do anything that avoids the craving. You could also contact the smoking cessation line as I am told this is helpful too. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Kevin Milkins
01-Apr-08, 11:12

If you have not had a fag for 2 weeks in a fortnights time you will have been a non smoker for a month. You say that you do not feel any better for it ,If you smoked 20 a day You have saved about £70-00 so go and buy somthing that you have always wanted ,but thought you could not afford,that will make you feel bettter.It does take time to get over the habit bit ,but by now you are less of an addict to nicotine ,so dont give in as it does get better.
Good luck