PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing relations

anneoctober
30-Mar-08, 14:30
I bet we've all got one or two ! When I had been going out with my now hubby, back in them days ( you know the hovis ad!!) we were introduced to the aunts/uncles etc if it were a "serious" relationship :roll: Well the dreaded day dawned and one sunday I was dragged to meet Auntie Margaret ( a sweetheart) and Uncle Bob ( an auld rascal!). We were having "Sunday Tea" when Uncle Bob arrived in from the farmyard...... He looked me up and doon and got me till stand up and turn roond "Aye she'll do Chordie, she's got good childbearing hips! Absolutely mortified I was, an I was a decent size 12 them! [lol] Come on you lot, I want to hear ALL about your embarassing rellies !!

floyed
30-Mar-08, 15:50
I have to many embarrassing moment's with relation's to mention:eek:

trix
30-Mar-08, 16:21
I have to many embarrassing moment's with relation's to mention

i can think o' one [lol][lol]

anneoctober
30-Mar-08, 16:51
i can think o' one
Methinks it's time to spill e beans trix, it's only fair.........:lol:

trix
30-Mar-08, 17:00
Methinks it's time to spill e beans trix, it's only fair.........

i cana do 'at anne, shes ma pal an i hev so much respect for her.........aye rite - truth is, she could tell ten times worse aboot me, so we'l choost say no more aboot ma guid friends 'experiences' ;)

ma auld cheil can be a major imbarresment at times tho, he called me last nite, choost til tell me how long it wid take til eat a person o' X amount o' weight.

he wis doin proper calculations an ivrything :eek:

karia
30-Mar-08, 17:09
i cana do 'at anne, shes ma pal an i hev so much respect for her.........aye rite - truth is, she could tell ten times worse aboot me, so we'l choost say no more aboot ma guid friends 'experiences'

If ye mean me..yer grounded until it's time to collect yer pension!;)[lol]

AKxxxx

trix
30-Mar-08, 17:19
If ye mean me..yer grounded until it's time to collect yer pension!

AKxxxx

na, yer safe Ak

weel, until july anyway....

im sure il get some 'dirt' on ye then, when 'e vino is aflowin....

in fact, il make it ma mission :Razz

choost da mention anythin aboot ma incident in 'a gairnen in seaforth avenue' that ye 'saw'.............still LMAO aboot 'at.......[lol]

an am no 'e only person that hed somethin til be embarrest aboot at nite. whos hoose wis i in? or rether, whos gairden......??

karia
30-Mar-08, 17:30
na, yer safe Ak

choost da mention anythin aboot ma incident in 'a gairnen in seaforth avenue' that ye 'saw'.............still LMAO aboot 'at.......

an am no 'e only person that hed somethin til be embarrest aboot at nite. whos hoose wis i in? or rether, whos gairden......??

It would be indiscreet to mention trix..and you are a well brought up young lady!

Hush thy mouth.;)

dessie
30-Mar-08, 18:54
what and who are relations...lol

©Amethyst
30-Mar-08, 19:00
I can't think of any, but one that I keep getting told about was when my boyfriends parents were living in Greece.

Now their Greek family is huge and my boyfriend's mother is the only one that learned Greek - it seems to have been a more natural process for the bf as he was surrounded by non english speakers at a young age.

So, bf's mum is at this big gathering after a new addition to the family - I think it's the word boy in Greek (not sure on the exact phrase she was trying to say) that is very similar to the word cucumber.

She tried to say something along the lines of, "What a beatiful baby boy!"

Ended up saying, "What a beautiful baby cucumber!"

Everyone laughed at the poor dear. And she hadn't a clue what she'd said 'cause she thought she got the phrase right, the only problem was that the pronunciation wasn't exact.

Thus why I don't want to speak any language except for my native tongue! (utter jibberish! lol)

balto
30-Mar-08, 19:11
i must have a nice sensiable family cant think of anythink, now this isnt embarrasing but when my big sister and i went to wick high we used to go to my nannys or aunties for lunch, well this one day nanny had made tattie soup for us, so we got ready to get stuck in but OMG it was vile, turns out my cousin had poured a bottle of diluting orange in the pan, and the worse thing was we were made to eat it, can still remember the taste now, bet nanny still laughs about it in heaven to this dayxx

Kevin Milkins
30-Mar-08, 19:41
I left school at 15 and went shopping with my mother who was recovering from a slight stroke and used to get slightly confused.
We went looking for a small sheet of Formica to repair a work top and was advised that Woolworth sold it.
Mum went to the girl on the help desk, (a pretty thing that was a year above me at school and I had a crush on) and she asked her do they sell ############ermica. I did not know if I should run, die,laugh or cry and I am not sure who was the most embaressed between me and the girl.
I never went shopping with mum again:lol:

karia
30-Mar-08, 19:52
I left school at 15 and went shopping with my mother who was recovering from a slight stroke and used to get slightly confused.
We went looking for a small sheet of Formica to repair a work top and was advised that Woolworth sold it.
Mum went to the girl on the help desk, (a pretty thing that was a year above me at school and I had a crush on) and she asked her do they sell ############ermica. I did not know if I should run, die,laugh or cry and I am not sure who was the most embaressed between me and the girl.

Accht..no-one would bat an eyelid today Kevin!

Besides...she's right about Formica!;)

anneoctober
30-Mar-08, 19:52
OMG Kev, tears are rolling doon my face, between you and Balto ![lol]
I take it there was no romance wi e Woolies lass then??

Sapphire2803
30-Mar-08, 19:55
I have a cousin who used to come shopping with me and then spend all his time down the washing powder aisle asking people if they'd swap their washing powder for 'new bold 3' (you remember the ad?)
My Aunt once went into a hairdressers and asked for a wash cut and blow job!
I was pushing my Dad through town in his wheelchair once and he grabbed a passing woman's bum (he knew he could get away with anything if he looked cute and feeble in that chair). Problem was, it wasn't a woman. It was a bloke with very long lustrous hair! HA!!

For sale! One family, with many more embarassing stories than these.
£1ono

obiron
30-Mar-08, 20:02
def have one usually me but sometimes its the oldest kid, one time when he was younger and older lady patted him on the head and said what a cute fellow he is, dont pat me im not a dog was his reply to her.
another time i took him for a haircut and when the lady was finished she asked him was that ok for him. no he replied i wanted it shorter at the back and longer at the top and it doesnt look right. what a red face i had, never took him back there.

Kevin Milkins
30-Mar-08, 20:02
OMG Kev, tears are rolling doon my face, between you and Balto ![lol]
I take it there was no romance wi e Woolies lass then??

Absoulutly not
I dont think we could even take eye contact after that

miranda
30-Mar-08, 20:26
na, yer safe Ak

choost da mention anythin aboot ma incident in 'a gairnen in seaforth avenue' that ye 'saw'.............still LMAO aboot 'at.......

ermmmm cough cough... i dont know who you can be talkin aboot :roll: i cant mind a thing!!lol

karia
30-Mar-08, 20:56
ermmmm cough cough... i dont know who you can be talkin aboot :roll: i cant mind a thing!!lol

Acht babe,,that confessional streak will do fer you.

I hed ye covered wi e blackmail, false passport an' everything!:roll:

anneoctober
31-Mar-08, 20:15
Acht babe,,that confessional streak will do fer you.

I hed ye covered wi e blackmail, false passport an' everything!:roll:
Just fess up Karia !! :lol:

karia
31-Mar-08, 20:43
Just fess up Karia !!

Not my crime mate...AK is innocent.:eek:

I was 300 miles away at the time............providing alibi's!;)

Oddquine
31-Mar-08, 22:55
Embarrassing relations?

I am one..................the granny from hell!