PDA

View Full Version : Expensive favour

cuddlepop
30-Mar-08, 12:52
Well whats been your most expensive favour?
It looks like our ABS system has blown a fuse after towing somebodys trailer as a favour.
At £175,reconditiond it was a very expensive "lend a hand":~(

OH said it was his own fault as he has stupidly put the wrong fuse in when he was looking at it last time but this still wouldnt have happened if he hadnt of towed the "faulty wired " trailer in the first place.

That our easter weekend break well and truely out the window now.:mad:

anneoctober
30-Mar-08, 12:56
it still has repercussions 30 years on!! Youngest loon wi his hand oot....!! :lol:

trix
30-Mar-08, 15:39
i hed 'e mosts horrendous experience las' week...im still greetin.

i left for ma work on tuesday mornin, i locked ma front door as normal.

when i came home i hed no keys......lost them....hevna got a spare set :mad:

hed til phone ma hoosin' people, hed til get a joiner, hed til wait nearly an oer afore it wis discovered that a hed a window open.....

eventually got in, got new locks put on, got 3 spare sets.

friday mornin, opened ma curtains an fit do i see, far 'e snow hed melted????

............aye, ma keys!!!! lyin 10 feet awie fie ma front door [evil]

hevna bin billed yit, but its comin....

time for anither money spell me thinks.............

EDDIE
30-Mar-08, 17:24
the thing u have to watch as well is u shouldnt jump start cars now because it can spike the computer in ure car and cost a o lot of money to repair u have to by special jumpleads now that have a box in the middle of the leads thats stops the spiking.

cuddlepop
30-Mar-08, 17:27
i hed 'e mosts horrendous experience las' week...im still greetin.

i left for ma work on tuesday mornin, i locked ma front door as normal.

when i came home i hed no keys......lost them....hevna got a spare set :mad:

hed til phone ma hoosin' people, hed til get a joiner, hed til wait nearly an oer afore it wis discovered that a hed a window open.....

eventually got in, got new locks put on, got 3 spare sets.

friday mornin, opened ma curtains an fit do i see, far 'e snow hed melted????

............aye, ma keys!!!! lyin 10 feet awie fie ma front door

hevna bin billed yit, but its comin....

time for anither money spell me thinks.............
Oh Trix I could weep for you,its bad eneogh what you had to go through but to find your keys once the snow melted.:~(

if you want money to flow into your life your suppose to think of a big shed with a wind machine blowing all those lovely £ notes that are mising from our lifes,towards you.
Cant say it works,must have the wind machine blowing in the wrong direction.lol

trix
30-Mar-08, 17:33
Oh Trix I could weep for you,its bad eneogh what you had to go through but to find your keys once the snow melted.:~(

if you want money to flow into your life your suppose to think of a big shed with a wind machine blowing all those lovely £ notes that are mising from our lifes,towards you.
Cant say it works,must have the wind machine blowing in the wrong direction.lol

aww, thanks for yer sympathy cuddles. it really wis kwite depressin.

il try yer wee tip next time am im ma circle, til reinforce 'e 10 dizin money spells that il be doin :lol:

lady penelope
30-Mar-08, 17:54
My most expensive favour was lending a lot of cash to a good friend who owed money. I did get the money back and I believe ' a friend in need is a friend indeed' .;)

percy toboggan
30-Mar-08, 18:34
My most expensive favour was lending a lot of cash to a good friend who owed money. I did get the money back and I believe ' a friend in need is a friend indeed' .;)
Not ten minutes ago I learned over the phone that a twelve month debt had at last been re-paid - almost in full- ish. An elderly relative lent money to another old lady who had been gullible enough to believe one of these' you've won the Canadian lottery' scams.

Between them they fell for it...but all seems well now.

Trix: I'm sorry to hear about your keys but the way you tell 'em brings a smile I'm afraid...at least you've got spare sets now;)..put one somehere safe and entrust the others to someone you know well, family perhaps?
You must have been gutted....hope the bill doesn't sting too much.

Julia
30-Mar-08, 18:43
In doing someone a favour I damaged my car, it's now in the garage and its going to cost about £400 to fix, to say I am miffed is an gross understatement.

cuddlepop
30-Mar-08, 18:45
In doing someone a favour I damaged my car, it's now in the garage and its going to cost about £400 to fix, to say I am miffed is an gross understatement.
And i thought we got our fingers burnt,ouch :eek:

©Amethyst
30-Mar-08, 18:51

I am really not starting to agree with that phrase. I lent a friend quite a bit of cash as well. That was 7 months ago. I reminded her when that pay day came around, and the next and the next. All I got was excuses. I sent her a text message 2 weeks ago to remind her, I got more excuses.

A day later my landlord gets a text from her (she owes him money, too) telling him that I can go and do something awful to myself.

She walked out of her last job and has only been interested in drinking and taking drugs since. She took out a substantial loan, borrowed more money from more friends and I haven't seen a penny.

The only thing that I can do is let her parents know what's happening as she's still a teenager and doesn't seem to know the value of money. She's done all she can do stop them from finding out. Not 100% sure whether I'll do it or not though lol.

This friend in need turned out to be a nasty piece of work.

Kevin Milkins
30-Mar-08, 19:19
Doing people a good favour takes me back to a previous thread on old sayings.
In cuddlepops instant it would be THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS>
And Amethysts situation with friend is EASY COME, EASY GO>

I am always lending things out,ie dvd etc and can never remenber who to.

©Amethyst
30-Mar-08, 19:28
I am always lending things out,ie dvd etc and can never remenber who to.

That can be annoying, I remember when my grandmother lent out The Lion King... and yes, I am in my 20's and just LOVE Disney film... and I don't care if some people out there think that I'm retarded because of it... I just love those films!!

She couldn't remember who to... I now have it again on DVD and a few weeks ago I bought Timone and Pumba toys from the Disney store :D

But I was initially sooooo annoyed.

Sapphire2803
30-Mar-08, 19:43
How about... If you lend someone money and then never see them again. Consider it money well spent...
or
Neither a borrower nor a lender be...

I got caught out a few years ago.
Neighbours of mine were moving from Portsmouth to Leeds as Mr 'Neighbour' was getting on a bit and wasn't in the best of health. He was originally from Leeds and wanted to move back near his family. They priced up a removal company and decided that it would be cheaper and better for them to hire a van. Only one problem... none of the family could drive, so they asked me.
I said ok and the agreement was that I would give my time for free... a favour. It came to the day of the move and they handed me the money to go and pick up the van. I went off to collect it, only to discover that what they had described as a luton was actually a 7.5 ton lorry. Ok, no problem, they're lucky I can drive that, I thought to myself. Drove home and started helping to load up. My friend and I ended up loading the van with not so much as a cuppa offered and by now I was starting to feel a bit miffed as the family who were moving spent all day sat on their butts until it came to the time when I said no way is any more going on that van, it's got to be borderline for weight now as it is. They reckoned I was being unreasonable, so I took it to the weighbridge. I was right, in fact I had to take a couple of things off. They were not pleased at all. They gave me money for fuel and I headed off for Leeds, they got the train. I arrived in Leeds only to be informed that I'd need to pay for the fuel back as they felt they'd given me enough money! I unloaded their furniture into a big heap in their front garden and left. It wasn't even as if I could say, here's the van keys, sort it out yourself, because of course it was hired in my name.
I ended up about £100 out of pocket on that one. The only person I've helped to move since is my best friend, who would never let me down in any way. I won't be offering my services any time soon either. Once bitten...

Kevin Milkins
30-Mar-08, 19:52
Nice one,Its hard to believe that there are people like that ,but///////

percy toboggan
30-Mar-08, 20:07
I lent the boxed Billy Connolly - tour of England,Wales and Ireland to somebody burt cannot remember who! I recently noticed it wasn't where it should be...only watched it once en all....

When it gets to this stage one needs to learn to say no! It wasn't family...I know that much.

percy toboggan
30-Mar-08, 20:09
Sapphire: words fail me...apart from sayin' you're an absolute star and...what a bunch of ingrates.

cuddlepop
30-Mar-08, 20:11
I lent the boxed Billy Connolly - tour of England,Wales and Ireland to somebody burt cannot remember who! I recently noticed it wasn't where it should be...only watched it once en all....

When it gets to this stage one needs to learn to say no! It wasn't family...I know that much.
I'm like that with my Cd's and what really annoys me is when there "loaned " on again.:mad:
If given up on trying to find where they've all gone.My own kids are the worst culprits.