PDA

View Full Version : MacMillionnaire

karia
29-Mar-08, 14:10
I can't decide if this tale of everyday folks is heartwarming or tragic.....I don't see many of us following suit though.;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7311542.stm

mccaugm
29-Mar-08, 14:15
I think its heartwarming if it makes the man happy. As they say money doesn't buy happieness.
I know that it would not be my idea of fun. If I won that amount of money I would use it to help friends, family and the community as well as buying my dream house etc. I would also set up in business in some way so that I could "spread the wealth".

The Angel Of Death
29-Mar-08, 18:39
Why not id imagine that if in the same boat that i prob do the same although its mundaine and no one likes work etc but its a way of getting out there and connecting with others isnt it

No matter how much money you have you cant buy that

karia
29-Mar-08, 18:59
I wonder if he would have returned to work at MacDonalds had he been a burger flipper and not in a more senior post.:confused

Tighsonas4
29-Mar-08, 21:35
know a winner personally and have seen him]her going about the stret and
eating a fish supper out of a poke soppose its to each his own tony

karia
29-Mar-08, 21:39
know a winner personally and have seen him]her going about the stret and
eating a fish supper out of a poke soppose its to each his own tony

That's good to hear tony!:)

Whitewater
29-Mar-08, 22:00
You can miss the company at work, I do since I've retired, but I don't think I would like to go back. I seem to have pleanty to fill my days now, and I'm also making new friends, we have a sit down, and a blether. I enjoy going out for coffee, and sometimes breakfast with them, we also do some rather daft things. We are all up on the local news and gossip. I suppose we all become a bit like the characters in 'The Last of the Summer Wine' in our twilight years. I'm having fun and enjoying myself. But I can understand why this lottery winner went back to work.