PDA

View Full Version : old co-op

wings
28-Mar-08, 22:25
i here that the old coop across from richards petrol station is coming down.did any 1 else here that?

BIG A
28-Mar-08, 22:29
Think it coming down tomorrow Sat or Sunday

Poultney lad
28-Mar-08, 22:30
About time to its a eyesore

wings
28-Mar-08, 22:38
do you know what is going on the land?

TBH
28-Mar-08, 22:41
do you know what is going on the land?I heard a rumour that Matalan had bought the land.

wings
28-Mar-08, 22:57
well i did here it was gonna be an Anne Summers??

Julia
28-Mar-08, 23:07
Ann Summers, please tell me you are joking! I can just see the kids walking by that everyday on the way to school.

Glad they are pulling it down, I saw a young boy on the roof of it last year, very worrying.

wings
28-Mar-08, 23:43
Ann Summers, please tell me you are joking! I can just see the kids walking by that everyday on the way to school.

Glad they are pulling it down, I saw a young boy on the roof of it last year, very worrying.

no.. as far as i am aware its dead gen!,
was passed on from a very reliable scource that works for Anne Summers in Aberdeen and has connections with wick..

sweetpea
28-Mar-08, 23:46
I don't believe for a min it will be Ann Summers, that would be a dream......

TBH
28-Mar-08, 23:59
It's definitely a Matalan as I have heard from a very good source in the Matalan planning department that it has bought the land.:D

Fran
29-Mar-08, 00:26
Planning permission was granted a long time ago for the building to be made into oap flats. the fencing is around it as it is unsafe and bricks etc has been falling and hitting cars.

Fran
29-Mar-08, 00:28
It's definitely a Matalan as I have heard from a very good source in the Matalan planning department that it has bought the land.:D

Matalan is going next to Tesco. Richards garage area is not big enough The council are building oap flats in Richards garage area.

TBH
29-Mar-08, 00:33
Matalan is going next to Tesco. Richards garage area is not big enough The council are building oap flats in Richards garage area. No disrespect to you Fran but if you look at the area that building incorporates then it has great potential for a multi-story Matalan.

Venture
29-Mar-08, 01:34
Matalan is going next to Tesco. Richards garage area is not big enough The council are building oap flats in Richards garage area.

Fran have you seen the planning permission for these OAP flats. At the February meeting of the Community Council the building was discussed then with someone from Pentland Housing who said they would not be developing that particular building. No mention was made that the council were doing it either. With councillors at the meeting I think some mention would have been made about it if it was going to happen.

rainbow
29-Mar-08, 11:06
I love the speculation and gossip you get on the forum, brightens up my day.

wings
29-Mar-08, 16:36
is it down yet?

nightowl
29-Mar-08, 17:22
is it down yet?

"As we speak" so to speak. there was a big machine taking down the side wall as we passed just now.

south view 7
29-Mar-08, 21:51
They are takeing down the front wall tomorrow.

BIG A
29-Mar-08, 21:58
The Building is just about down now.
It is not going to be Flats or any thing else at the moment .There is NO Planing permission on the site and it still belongs to the Richard Family

Tony
29-Mar-08, 22:04
The old Pet Shop in Thurso is now gone also. Don't know what's going to replace it but at a guess I would say housing/flats as this seems to be the trend.

wings
29-Mar-08, 23:22
the old pet shop is going to be led scotland.

anneoctober
29-Mar-08, 23:30
the old pet shop is going to be led scotland.
What sort of company is that Wings - Have n't heard of them.....:confused

wings
30-Mar-08, 00:52
the man that used to have thurso builders has got it.i think it is going to been the same as the one that used to be in auto parts new place.

Fran
30-Mar-08, 01:33
Fran have you seen the planning permission for these OAP flats. At the February meeting of the Community Council the building was discussed then with someone from Pentland Housing who said they would not be developing that particular building. No mention was made that the council were doing it either. With councillors at the meeting I think some mention would have been made about it if it was going to happen.

It was in the local paper a couple of years ago that the council were going to build flats for the elderly there, as we joked at the time that they wouldnt have far to go to bingo!!! I will find out more on monday.

sweetpea
30-Mar-08, 03:38
The Council should build another High School and let the contractors profit from the old one, turn it into flats[lol] They'd make a few bucks....