PDA

View Full Version : SCN - Charity Car Boot Sale - 26th April

SunnyChick
28-Mar-08, 10:58
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know a bit about the SCN (Scottish Casualties Network) in advance of our car boot sale on 26th April.

SCN is an organisation who provide lifelike casualties to agencies such as the mountain rescue, coastguard, lifeboats and CASST (Caithness & Sutherland Search Team). The service we provide these groups helps prepare them for the real event.

We are trained in casualty simulation (using convincing make-up and portraying our condition accurately). We undergo technical acting training, first aid training (to promote good first aid skills within our community) make-up training and safety training (ensuring we carry out proper risk assessments, etc) scenario setting (making our emergency scenes believable and as real as possible).

All of this takes time, and costs money, (hence the fund raising car boot sale).

If anyone would like to learn a bit more about the Scottish Casualties Network, please drop me a private message, or leave a message on this thread.

Thanks for reading.:Razz

Loch not Lock
28-Mar-08, 11:03
Could you please tell me where the sale is being held?
Thank you.:)

SunnyChick
28-Mar-08, 18:48
Hi there,

Yes, the car boot sale is going to be held in Castletown Drill Hall, from 1000-1200hrs.:Razz I still have a few tables left if you would like one?

Thanks x

bekisman
28-Mar-08, 18:59
Hope it goes well - are you similar to the Casualties Union? had dealings with them, they are very good!