PDA

View Full Version : Toblerone

percy toboggan
27-Mar-08, 21:20
Mrs T has just awarded me a large chunk from a very large bar of this stuff she got at Christmas. Reward for managing to break off a piece in the first place...I've never known such an awkwardly shaped piece of chocolate..either to snap orf, or to get into ones mouth ! Positively painful if you tackle it the wrong way and it's so rock hard that biting into to it risks being minus a molar ! I ended up attacking my chunk with a large kitchen knife...the triangular choc shattered into tiny pieces and ended up in bits on the bread-board with the crumbs from tea-times granary loaf.:roll:

I recall Billy Connolly doing a skit on Toblerone...he was spot on and made me laugh...I think this is the first one we've had since.

Whitewater
27-Mar-08, 21:25
It's very good to eat though. My favourite chocolate, but then maybe my mouth is too big. I have been told that from time to time.

Sapphire2803
27-Mar-08, 21:27
Mrs T has just awarded me a large chunk from a very large bar of this stuff she got at Christmas. Reward for managing to break off a piece in the first place...I've never known such an awkwardly shaped piece of chocolate..either to snap orf, or to get into ones mouth ! Positively painful if you tackle it the wrong way and it's so rock hard that biting into to it risks being minus a molar ! I ended up attacking my chunk with a large kitchen knife...the triangular choc shattered into tiny pieces and ended up in bits on the bread-board with the crumbs from tea-times granary loaf.:roll:

I recall Billy Connolly doing a skit on Toblerone...he was spot on and made me laugh...I think this is the first one we've had since.

Well then, you may recall what he said about those very large bars and who and what they were designed for! :eek:

rfr10
27-Mar-08, 21:30
Strong teeth is all you need. I find it quite easy to snap the chunks off with my hand.

No use for people with false teeth though!

justine
27-Mar-08, 21:35
smack it hard off the side of a table, thats what my father used to do.....
Always managed to catch a bit in mid flight....

sweetpea
27-Mar-08, 22:39
Love the stuff, my way of eating it is to sook all the chocolate until just the nougat left mmmmm. never get hurt eating it but I can't eat Pringles, they hurt my gums:(

anneoctober
28-Mar-08, 00:28
Mrs T has just awarded me a large chunk from a very large bar of this stuff she got at Christmas. Reward for managing to break off a piece in the first place...I've never known such an awkwardly shaped piece of chocolate..either to snap orf, or to get into ones mouth ! Positively painful if you tackle it the wrong way and it's so rock hard that biting into to it risks being minus a molar ! I ended up attacking my chunk with a large kitchen knife...the triangular choc shattered into tiny pieces and ended up in bits on the bread-board with the crumbs from tea-times granary loaf.

The minute I read "large kitchen knife" was when I was reduced to tears.....Perc your good lady must be well entertained.....[lol][lol]

Sporran
28-Mar-08, 07:19

That's happened to me too, lol, Percy! I'm convinced that the person who invented Toblerone chocolate bars had a sadistic sense of humour. The chocolate triangles are rock hard like the mountain peak on the box it comes in. Perhaps it should have been named the Mount Everest or K2 chocolate bar. It takes a lot of skill, hard work and perseverance to conquer it!

Kevin Milkins
28-Mar-08, 09:29
Its easy
just take your sock off and insert the lump of chocolate and give it a wack on the table then empty contents on to a plate:lol:

Murdina Bug
28-Mar-08, 10:25
Its easy
just take your sock off and insert the lump of chocolate and give it a wack on the table then empty contents on to a plate:lol:

Mmmmm, cheesy toblerone anyone?? :confused

mccaugm
28-Mar-08, 11:49
Melt it down, mix up with some Rice Krispies or Cornflakes and make into posh Krispie cakes. The kids will be delighted if they have polished off all their Easter Eggs.