PDA

View Full Version : BT problems

Macwull
27-Mar-08, 19:55
Anyone else have problems getting an answer with bt! I've been passed from pillar to post for the last 2 and a half hours, its driving me nuts. I used to be with orange and thought they were bad but right now there beating bt for customer service!! !!

Katy
27-Mar-08, 20:04
Hi,
I had the same trouble months ago, if you get up nice and early and phone them at 7.30am you will get through!! They advertise that they open at 8am but they actually open at 7.30am, this is when I managed to get through with no problems, well until you end up getting someone who doesn't know a thing and they try to pass you to another department then you seem to be on hold for another hour or so!!!
I can't understand why they can treat there customers like this....I have had many problems with them they need to get some lessons in customer service i'd say!
Good luck and hope you get through soon
Katy x

silverfox57
27-Mar-08, 20:27
I had same trouble with b t ,as one of our family used to work for bt,he told us away around this,tell bt you are thinking of closing your a/c with them, and ask to speak to a line manger? he can overide call centre and sort out problems,as they want to kept your a/c wiyh bt.worked for me.

Fluff
28-Mar-08, 11:38
good luck! when we moved into out flat in Oct we requested our land line in Nov (with intention of getting broadband) we eventually got the internet connected at the start of Feb.
They are useless. the departments don't talk to each other, the amount of times we were hung up on isn't funny.
just persevere, and if it comes to it, speak to a manager. but stay calm, don't shout.
oh, and don't let them fob you off!!

bekisman
28-Mar-08, 13:17
Best of luck to her!
A solicitor is taking BT to court over the charges the telephone company levies on customers who pay their bills by cash.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/13/nbt113.xml (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/13/nbt113.xml)