PDA

View Full Version : Gaelic Speakers

Tam 2000
26-Mar-08, 11:33
Are there any Gealic speakers out there? If so can you pm me as I would like to get to know people who can speak it as I`m new to Caithness.Ceart ma tha.That means Very good then!

Alice in Blunderland
26-Mar-08, 13:25
Weeboyagee speaks the Gaelic but has nipped of to Ireland for a few days so I read in the courier.... :eek: no doubt he will get in touch, if not send him a pm next week. .........
if you can sing even better as he is always on the lookout for singers for the Gaelic choir. :lol:

the second coming
27-Mar-08, 16:50
hallo

ciamar a tha sibh?

Is mise second coming

mar sin leibh an-drasta

I took classes a few years ago and got taught it in primary and secondary school but as I'm surrounded by gallachs I've lost a lot. Happy to pick it up again if I ever get the time.

SC

weeboyagee
31-Mar-08, 10:06
Halo a bhalaich, de mar a tha thu? Ma tha Gàidhlig agad a charaid, tha duine no dha a fuireach ann an Gallaibh co aig a bheil Gàidhlig – ma tha thu ag iarraidh bruidhinn rinn – cum a dol !!!!

WBG :cool:

Halo my friend, how are you? If you are a Gaelic speaker, there are one or two living in Caithness who speak Gaelic – if you want to speak to us, carry on!

Elenna
31-Mar-08, 14:50
Would it perhaps be an idea for Gaelic speakers to request a Gaelic Forum here on the Org? As an interested non-speaker I would even likely drop by to read, if you were to (even occasionally) put translations, like on your exchange above, as I find that with a bit of concentration I can begin to recognise words and phrases. (pronunciation is a different thing, though! :lol: )

golach
31-Mar-08, 14:54
Halo a bhalaich, de mar a tha thu? Ma tha Gàidhlig agad a charaid, tha duine no dha a fuireach ann an Gallaibh co aig a bheil Gàidhlig – ma tha thu ag iarraidh bruidhinn rinn – cum a dol !!!!

WBG

Halo my friend, how are you? If you are a Gaelic speaker, there are one or two living in Caithness who speak Gaelic – if you want to speak to us, carry on!

Many thanks with the bilingual translation WBG, :lol:

Bill Fernie
31-Mar-08, 17:10
The Highland Council recently launched a Gaelic toolkit that has some help for beginners. See it at http://ww2.highland.gov.uk/highland_council_gaelic_toolkit
It has some words and phrases to help get used to pronunciation etc.

On the web site I add Gaelic items that come my way at
http://www.caithness.org/links/gaelic/index.htm