PDA

View Full Version : Gents' Haircutting in Wick

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 10:34
Where is best to go for a gent's haircut today in Wick?

riggerboy
26-Mar-08, 10:39
i use the wee barbars just up from the crossroads at the cliff bakery very good me thinks

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 10:42
Riggerboy, how much are they and do I need an appointment?

riggerboy
26-Mar-08, 10:43
Riggerboy, how much are they and do I need an appointment?

i think a simple cut was about a fiver no appointment needed

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 10:44
Ok, sounds good....do you know what they're called so i can look them up?

Tighsonas4
26-Mar-08, 10:45
BARBERS
yep she has come up here from auld reekie but this seems to have been all she has done. HER TRADE tony
ps depends if its a haircut or streaks you want, [lol]

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 10:46
BARBERS
yep she has come up here from auld reekie but this seems to have been all she has done. HER TRADE tony
ps depends if its a haircut or streaks you want, [lol]

What's auld reekie?

Just a cut.

Venture
26-Mar-08, 11:02
What's auld reekie?

Just a cut.

I can't believe that you don't know where Auld Reekie is. Its Edinburgh.

NLP
26-Mar-08, 11:13
I take the bairn there she is really nice and if you're lucky Tammy the dog will be there to.

ashaw1
26-Mar-08, 11:35
i use the wee barbars just up from the crossroads at the cliff bakery very good me thinks
I take all my boys there and my husband too, her name is Linda and she's great! Not sure of the number but she's right beside Meiklejohns.

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 12:15
Where is best to go for a gent's haircut today in Wick?

Why do you want your hair cut in Wick if you live in Thurso? Are their babers not good enough?

Anyway, I go to the one which is on the steep hill going down to the harbour. I've completely forgotten the name of the road now. It's where the Simpsons oils are.

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 12:17
rfr10 how much is your cut?

Kevin Milkins
26-Mar-08, 12:22
Why do you want your hair cut in Wick if you live in Thurso? Are their babers not good enough?

Anyway, I go to the one which is on the steep hill going down to the harbour. I've completely forgotten the name of the road now. It's where the Simpsons oils are.

Be carefull if you go down to the one near Simpsons as there are some dodgy steps down near there somewere.lol:lol:

I use the one in town opposite the Chinise takeaway.Cost me £4-50.

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 12:27
Be carefull if you go down to the one near Simpsons as there are some dodgy steps down near there somewere.lol:lol:

I use the one in town opposite the Chinise takeaway.Cost me £4-50.

Yeah, some well dodgy steps!

£4.50 isn't too bad...do you need to make an appointment?

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 12:28

Oh and before any admin/ moderator decides to give me infraction points for posting personal information- it says he's from Thurso in his name! :lol:

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 12:30
Oh and before any admin/ moderator decides to give me infraction points for posting personal information- it says he's from Thurso in his name! :lol:

hehe! I know!

Wait but now you might get infraction points for suggesting indirectly that the moderators are too strict!

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 12:30
rfr10 how much is your cut?

It's around £6 I think. Very good though and very friendly. No booking required.

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 12:32
hehe! I know!

Wait but now you might get infraction points for suggesting indirectly that the moderators are too strict!

Well you just can't win, can you :lol: I already got 3 infraction points for that reason (one I stated) so I was just keeping safe :lol:

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 12:33
Ok well.......I know this sounds stupid but I used to get my hair cut by family at home.

So I've nevere had my hair cut at a barbers/hairdressers.....what's it like?

Now I sound like a complete idiot!

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 12:39
Ok well.......I know this sounds stupid but I used to get my hair cut by family at home.

So I've nevere had my hair cut at a barbers/hairdressers.....what's it like?

Now I sound like a complete idiot!

I'd expect it would be the same except it's a stranger cutting your hair who is trained. You also need to know what you want eg. 1, 2, 3 etc.. or just a general tidy up. All you do is, sit back, tell them what you want done and they cut it for you. You get the scissors, a thining scissors (which I hated when I was younger as it used to pull my hair out! haha) and also the head shaver.

That's about all.

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 12:40
Thanks rfr10!

I think I need to get over the idea that hairdressers/barbers are scary!

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 12:52
Thanks rfr10!

I think I need to get over the idea that hairdressers/barbers are scary!

It took me a while to get used to the hairdressers when I was young. I used to dread going to get my hair cut but now, I'm perfectly fine with it and I'm sure you will be too.

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 13:56
It took me a while to get used to the hairdressers when I was young. I used to dread going to get my hair cut but now, I'm perfectly fine with it and I'm sure you will be too.

cheers again!

Venture
26-Mar-08, 13:59
Well you just can't win, can you :lol: I already got 3 infraction points for that reason (one I stated) so I was just keeping safe

Oh you can win - if you abide by the rules of the forum. You know what they say - Do the crime - get the time (or infraction points if you're an orger).[lol]

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 14:48
I think I will go to The Male Salon on Harbour Terrace...no answer on phone...guessing they're out at lunch....shall call again just after 2pm.

Anyone else been to this salon on Harbour Terrace?

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 14:53
I think I will go to The Male Salon on Harbour Terrace...no answer on phone...guessing they're out at lunch....shall call again just after 2pm.

Anyone else been to this salon on Harbour Terrace?

Maybe that's the one I'm talking about. Is that the one on the steep hill going down to the harbour?

Boozeburglar
26-Mar-08, 14:53
Why don't you just go there already and post a review in the recommendations section, (where this should be anyway)?

:)

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 14:57
Maybe that's the one I'm talking about. Is that the one on the steep hill going down to the harbour?

Yeah that's the same one you are meaning. Thinking this might be the right place for me....

BB I will go but theyr on lunch at the moment.

rfr10
26-Mar-08, 15:01
Yeah that's the same one you are meaning. Thinking this might be the right place for me....

BB I will go but theyr on lunch at the moment.

I think the days they have off are Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays to be honest. Are you sure they're on lunch and not just closed today?

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 15:03
Ah...that could be it rfr10........maybe you're right...if there is no answer when I call in a while I might try the one beside the Bord de l'Eau......what is that barbershop called guys?

Boozeburglar
26-Mar-08, 15:14
Do you have a Yellow Pages wee man?

Are you able to access the internet?

Kevin Milkins
26-Mar-08, 15:17
Ah...that could be it rfr10........maybe you're right...if there is no answer when I call in a while I might try the one beside the Bord de l'Eau......what is that barbershop called guys?

Yer thats a good one and you get a nice cup of tea for free while you are waiting. I recomend saying no to the pie though.

Boozeburglar
26-Mar-08, 15:23
...and no to the Pudding unless they cleaned that bowl thoroughly since use!

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 15:26
I can't find what that hairdresser is called beside the french restaurant!

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 15:30
There's no answer at the one beside the french restuarant or the one on harbour terrace!

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 15:35

Been googling ang googling.....can't find a name or number for this place?

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 15:39
Do Hairport Studio do mens cutting?

Mizpah
26-Mar-08, 15:40
Been googling ang googling.....can't find a name or number for this place?

I would say go to the one in Thurso Road beside the Lunch Box she is brilliant and is open as I have just passed it.:)

northener
26-Mar-08, 16:08
There's no answer at the one beside the french restuarant or the one on harbour terrace!

The one next to the French restaurant is run by Diane, she's normally open Mon-Sat 9-5 with a half day on Wednesday and her lunchbreak is aound 1-ish.

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 16:50
The one next to the French restaurant is run by Diane, she's normally open Mon-Sat 9-5 with a half day on Wednesday and her lunchbreak is aound 1-ish.

Take it I don't need an appoitnment?

northener
26-Mar-08, 16:53
Take it I don't need an appoitnment?

Nope, but leave plenty of time, she doesn't rush people through.

That doesn't bother me, as she's very good looking - but refuses to marry me:D

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 16:54
Haha! Well I might head down at 9ish tomorrow morn then.. how long would you usually need to wait?

northener
26-Mar-08, 17:09
Ye Gods, Rob.

Perhaps I ought to go for you......

Ok, it will take as long as it takes for Diane to cut the hair of the people who got there before you. Whilst you are waiting there will be a large pile of magazines for you to peruse.

Now, BEFORE you ask, the titles are many and varied, with a large number of aforementioned mags being of a blokeish nature. eg Cars, fishing, badger baiting and tapestry work.

When Diane has finished cutting the hair of the bloke in front of you, she will smile demurely and beckon you to sit in a big comfy chair facing a mirror. This is where the hair cutting takes place.

Whilst you are sat in the chair, she will ask you what you'd like doing with your hair. After some discussion and agreement, she will then proceed to cut your hair with hair-cutting implements. Some are quite sharp, so no sudden movements.

During this time she may engage you in some polite conversation. This does not mean she fancies you, so don't even think about asking her out.
When the haircut is finished, she will show you the back of your head in a mirror to prove she hasn't carved anything rude into your hair. She will then ask you for a sum of money and then you are free to go.

Does this answer any further queries you may have (he said, knowing full well the answer...)?

rob16d
26-Mar-08, 17:29
Thanks for that northerner!

Boozeburglar
26-Mar-08, 19:20
Northerner,

You made my day with that!

LOL!

Wee man, do you know how to set your alarm for the morning? If not, perhaps a thread is in order?

northener
26-Mar-08, 22:30
Northerner,

Wee man, do you know how to set your alarm for the morning? If not, perhaps a thread is in order?

Nooo! Don't encourage him!!!!

N.